home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

06-27-2022, 04:05 PM   #1
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Shout out to Hansel BMW

Picked up my M3 over the weekend from Hansel in Santa Rosa. Had a really good experience there. Henry was a great guy to deal with and he got me an allocation pretty quickly. They are a small dealer but worth a look. Happy to answer any questions. Just DM me.
      06-28-2022, 12:45 AM   #2
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

No pic?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 12:46 PM   #3
evilsnow
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Can't DM, but do they have a ADM on the M3?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 09:48 PM   #4
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsnow View Post
Can't DM, but do they have a ADM on the M3?
I negotiated the ADM to $2k, which was the smallest I could find at the time. But I had an allocation within the week. I think the ADM is higher now but you might be able to negotiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
No pic?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:01 PM   #5
RothwellSF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 FDG XDrive

I ordered mine through them in FEB. It's currently on a boat and will arrive later this month. They have been great so far, anything I should know about in terms of financing BS or upsells?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 11:43 PM   #6
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothwellSF View Post
I ordered mine through them in FEB. It's currently on a boat and will arrive later this month. They have been great so far, anything I should know about in terms of financing BS or upsells?
Mine was ordered in Feb as well but got here a week ago. Are you working with Henry?

No finance games. Of course they will try to upsell you PPF, ceramic, wheel insurance and extended warranty but I declined and there was zero push back. I also requested BMW Select with no issues and no uptick in rate. They even honored my lock beyond the standard 90 days due to my car taking longer to build. All in all, a great experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 09:10 AM   #7
RothwellSF
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Mine was ordered in Feb as well but got here a week ago. Are you working with Henry?

No finance games. Of course they will try to upsell you PPF, ceramic, wheel insurance and extended warranty but I declined and there was zero push back. I also requested BMW Select with no issues and no uptick in rate. They even honored my lock beyond the standard 90 days due to my car taking longer to build. All in all, a great experience.
Im working with Faris, he's a really solid dude. Very good to hear. I ordered frozen dark grey so it is taking a little longer or we probably would have picked our cars up at the same time.

Are you doing PPF? If so where are you going for it?

Also, what was the benefit of BMW select?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 12:10 PM   #8
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Im working with Faris, he's a really solid dude. Very good to hear. I ordered frozen dark grey so it is taking a little longer or we probably would have picked our cars up at the same time.

Are you doing PPF? If so where are you going for it?

Also, what was the benefit of BMW select?
I’m doing PPF on the front only at some point. If I had a frozen color, I’d probably be doing the entire car since it’s so hard to fix. But coming off of daily driving my f80 M3 for 3 + years with no PPF, it still looked great. I also plan to do ceramic coat myself.

BMW Select is basically a balloon. I was able to get my payment down this way to an acceptable level (for my wife’s approval). You own the car so there are no mileage or wear/tear restriction. The only term offered is 5 years and at the end of that I have a reasonable lump sum due that I can either choose to finance, pay outright, or trade the car in (at trade value which may or may not cover the balloon). So it’s sort of like a lease except you can’t just turn the car in and walk away. But my balloon is way less than the current residuals on a lease and I’m pretty sure the car will be worth more. Also, I plan to make extra payments along the way which will go towards reducing the balloon. It’s not perfect, but it works for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 07:03 PM   #9
evilsnow
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Got my order in for 2k ADM and got quoted 3.99%. Not great, and I'll probably refinance down the line or go for a local credit union but since I'm #1 in line I can't complain.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 09:39 PM   #10
RothwellSF
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I’m doing PPF on the front only at some point. If I had a frozen color, I’d probably be doing the entire car since it’s so hard to fix. But coming off of daily driving my f80 M3 for 3 + years with no PPF, it still looked great. I also plan to do ceramic coat myself.

BMW Select is basically a balloon. I was able to get my payment down this way to an acceptable level (for my wife’s approval). You own the car so there are no mileage or wear/tear restriction. The only term offered is 5 years and at the end of that I have a reasonable lump sum due that I can either choose to finance, pay outright, or trade the car in (at trade value which may or may not cover the balloon). So it’s sort of like a lease except you can’t just turn the car in and walk away. But my balloon is way less than the current residuals on a lease and I’m pretty sure the car will be worth more. Also, I plan to make extra payments along the way which will go towards reducing the balloon. It’s not perfect, but it works for me.
So I understand correctly, the balloon is collecting interest the entire time right? So for example 4% of the sum of the balloon each year? Do you have to pay the tax on the car up front? I too have issues with the wife, she doesn't want me to have a payment...

PPF is a tough one, on one hand it protects car but on the other hand, it's freaking 7-8K, almost 10% of MSRP. I mean, you can repaint quite a few body panels for 8K. I have been struggling with the cost for a while... IDK, if I was to keep the car long term, i'd say it's worth it, but I honestly don't know how long I will keep. Probably 3 yrs or less. We change cars pretty frequently.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 10:03 PM   #11
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So I understand correctly, the balloon is collecting interest the entire time right? So for example 4% of the sum of the balloon each year? Do you have to pay the tax on the car up front? I too have issues with the wife, she doesn't want me to have a payment...

PPF is a tough one, on one hand it protects car but on the other hand, it's freaking 7-8K, almost 10% of MSRP. I mean, you can repaint quite a few body panels for 8K. I have been struggling with the cost for a while... IDK, if I was to keep the car long term, i'd say it's worth it, but I honestly don't know how long I will keep. Probably 3 yrs or less. We change cars pretty frequently.
Correct re interest.

PPF has gotten mad expensive. This is why I’m only doing the front. That was the area that was most worn on my F80. The rest of the car was virtually untouched by rocks chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsnow View Post
Got my order in for 2k ADM and got quoted 3.99%. Not great, and I'll probably refinance down the line or go for a local credit union but since I'm #1 in line I can't complain.
That’s not a terrible deal in this market.
Appreciate 2