BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

09-24-2022, 10:16 PM   #221
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Why would an Audi A4 try to race? Like seriously, do they not know about cars?

Let's just say it was comical
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #222
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

traffic rant - sorry

Yesterday was another game (board games and RPG's, not watching sportsball...we're geeks) day at our friends' house north of Vancouver, WA. Half of us live on the western edge of the Portland burbs, half of us live at the NE edge of Vancouver, WA so we alternate locations. I play taxi when we go North.

EVERY time we go North, returning to Oregon is a hilarious mixture of terrified CUV's and mostly rat-trap, older and heavily modded sporty cars. By the time we come home, I'm usually rather tired and just interested in getting my friends back safely to their home. Beat-up IS250 pulls up next to me, hangs out for a bit, zooms away, falls back to us or we catch up, then they zoom away, dodging and weaving through the stupidity that is highway traffic in the Portland metro. Insert any other random thing with a terrible wing tacked onto it in place of the IS250 as you will. If it's a BMW or an Audi, it'll be old and poorly taken care of. Every single time we drive this route.

It's not like there aren't other nice, solid fun cars on the road with us here and there, but they're getting the same treatment on this route. I honestly can't remember the last one of these trips where I saw anyone in a decent car acting like a dink. Yellow 911 two trips ago? Holding his distance from the car in front of him and keeping pace with the prevailing traffic speed. GT350 a while ago? Same thing.

Last night, we saw the biggest ball of organized stupidity in a while.

On the way home yesterday, as we were nearing a long tunnel that leads to a long, steep hill, with three different entry points merging into 3 lanes through the tunnel (HWY 26 for anyone who knows the area), two not-new 370z's and a Focus ST, covered in stickers and random mods, had their hazard lights on in the left two lanes leading into the tunnel. They were going at a snails pace, backing up traffic coming on the highway from downtown and from the south. We entered this highway from the North, into the clear right lane.

We entered the tunnel and it was basically empty on the other two lanes due to the traffic jam they'd created. As we entered, these three asshats NAILED their gas pedals with their windows down and blew through the tunnel. Full volume, full speed. Some of the people ahead of us in the right lane had moved left into the empty lanes. And nearly got beaned by the moron in the blue 370. The black 370 nearly hit the blue 370. The Focus was so slow that he wasn't in any danger. We, and the remaining cars in the right lane, stayed where we were, making no effort to speed up as I think we all just wanted this twits to get as far away from us as possible.

These drivers caused what was likely a multi-mile traffic jam behind them on a busy Saturday evening, and nearly wrecked in the tunnel, so they could hear their stupid engines in a tunnel. It didn't look to me like anyone had actually hit anything so I sang a quiet song to the luck gods that no one was hurt.

Unfortunately, they actually DID cause an accident. And probably don't know. My partner works as a nurse and comes home from work on that route from the south. He was headed home and was nearing HWY 26 about 20 minutes after we went through. He got stuck at an all-lanes blocking accident for a bit. Today he heard from a coworker that left work a few minutes ahead of him, going the same way. She and everyone around her had to slam on their brakes due to a sudden traffic jam and a couple of cars hit each other. That traffic jam was the hazard-lights, slowed to a crawl 370s.

I don't know that anyone got hurt, but several people are having a bad day today because engines sound neat in tunnels.

Very long story short. Whatever ball of fun you get into, if you're doing dumb stuff on public roads, you may have no idea what problems you've caused for other people.

Drive safe, everyone.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2022, 05:42 PM   #223
Redreximus
Rep
Drives: '22 M4C - '15 5.0 Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purekoryo View Post
Got smoked by this kid and lost control due to 0.00001 psi low tire pressure on FR side.

Car in for warranty service.
LMAO. This is the best reply on this entire thread and it's not receiving the appreciation it deserves.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 10:17 AM   #224
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Had a fun time today with an orange McLaren 570S. Was cruising along when I heard him drive to my right and then downshifted a couple of gears. He rolled down his window and signalled with his pointing finger to race. No cars ahead of us, no cars behind us, no possibility of any cops because it was a wide bridge we were on. So I downshifted to 2nd gear at about 50kmh and mashed the throttle. I thought I was winning this race as I walked on him for about half a second and then he walks me and comes past rapidly. 570s wins by about 4-5 bus lengths by the time I was at 200kmh. I pulled out of the race at that speed.

My mods are: JB4 Map 2, BMC filters and XHP stage 3 TCU tune.
Appreciate 1
YamaLink425.00
      04-07-2023, 03:38 AM   #225
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbatage View Post
Now that the G8X has AWD I'm expecting more people to try and challenge it at a stoplight. Who raced you today?
You think others know it has awd?
Maybe I’m shortchanging the public but I doubt it.
Appreciate 0