AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Sweet fancy moses! Looks like we may be getting our exhaust soon after all.

I'm guessing you went with the axle back version to fit with the valvetronic midpipe.

Did you order the race or sport version?
Yea, went with the axleback and have the valvetronic midpipe in place already. I am really hoping there are no fitment issues. Its the race version.

Will be having it fitted tomorrow. I dont think i will be able to sleep tonight.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I went with AA single midpipe and Remus Race, but there's no guarantee of fitment since it hasn't been done. Valvetronics + Remus working/fitting would ease me a bit if anything haha.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 05:36 AM   #200
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I went with AA single midpipe and Remus Race, but there's no guarantee of fitment since it hasn't been done. Valvetronics + Remus working/fitting would ease me a bit if anything haha.
I really hope there would be no cutting or welding involved. Tomorrow's the day and i will update here when I am able/unable to have it installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 06:35 AM   #201
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
I really hope there would be no cutting or welding involved. Tomorrow's the day and i will update here when I am able/unable to have it installed.
Make sure to post some sound clips too!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 06:38 AM   #202
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Make sure to post some sound clips too!
I will.
Appreciate 2
      01-20-2022, 07:35 AM   #203
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Just when I thought I decided on a exhaust Valvetronic drops their titanium version. I was planning on going with the AA mid pipe and Remus sport rear. But now I think I might just go with the full titanium Valvetronic.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 08:26 AM   #204
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
Just when I thought I decided on a exhaust Valvetronic drops their titanium version. I was planning on going with the AA mid pipe and Remus sport rear. But now I think I might just go with the full titanium Valvetronic.
Any noticeable difference in sound?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #205
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep

Waiting for some sound clips before I decide lol. Titanium usually gives it a different sound than the stainless version. Their stainless sounds awesome. They just posted a shot of their titanium yesterday on their IG. Looks very sexy
Attached Images

Last edited by ROBERT1183; 01-20-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 10:23 AM   #206
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Quote:
Waiting for some sound clips before I decide lol. Titanium usually gives it a different sound than the stainless version. The stainless sounds awesome. They just posted a shot of it yesterday on their IG. Looks very sexy
Did you mean to post a picture of the stainless version?

Nice system & sound!

I'd probably buy this one if my money wasn't already committed to the PSI mid pipe.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 10:33 AM   #207
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Did you mean to post a picture of the stainless version?

Nice system & sound!

I'd probably buy this one if my money wasn't already committed to the PSI mid pipe.
No I meant to post the titanium version. What i meant was their stainless sounds great. They just posted the titanium version yesterday. Hoping it sounds just as good or better than the stainless version.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 11:04 AM   #208
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
No I meant to post the titanium version. What i meant was their stainless sounds great. They just posted the titanium version yesterday. Hoping it sounds just as good or better than the stainless version.
I just looked it up since you posted to check it out. Man it's beautiful lol. To bad it's under the car. Decent uptick in price over stainless so hopefully it sounds a decent amount better as well. I thought the full stainless system was a little quiet myself over some of the others.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 11:54 AM   #209
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
I just looked it up since you posted to check it out. Man it's beautiful lol. To bad it's under the car. Decent uptick in price over stainless so hopefully it sounds a decent amount better as well. I thought the full stainless system was a little quiet myself over some of the others.
Yeah. But it would be the same price if I bought the complete AA system or cheaper than what I was originally going to do which was the AA single mid with the Remus sport rear section. So mine as well just get the full titanium system. I plan to keep the car for awhile.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 11:21 AM   #210
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

In other news, I traveled up 4 hours to get my Remus axleback fitted to my valvetronic midpipe but no go. I feel like I am cursed.

See the pics attached. The sleeve that goes inside the remus tube on one side and stock midpipe at the other end is not long enough. The reason being the Remus tubes are short and wont link up with the midpipe. I guess the angle is okay. But I wont know for sure unless I check again.

So I am going to ramp up the car again tomorrow and hopefully make a couple of videos. Should I get an exhaust shop to fabricate another sleeve or can the Remus sleeve be extended somehow. I am fairly ignorant when it comes to these things. I dont think the valvetronic clamps will work as the remus tube is a bit fatter.

Any ideas guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #211
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
In other news, I traveled up 4 hours to get my Remus axleback fitted to my valvetronic midpipe but no go. I feel like I am cursed.

See the pics attached. The sleeve that goes inside the remus tube on one side and stock midpipe at the other end is not long enough. The reason being the Remus tubes are short and wont link up with the midpipe. I guess the angle is okay. But I wont know for sure unless I check again.

So I am going to ramp up the car again tomorrow and hopefully make a couple of videos. Should I get an exhaust shop to fabricate another sleeve or can the Remus sleeve be extended somehow. I am fairly ignorant when it comes to these things. I dont think the valvetronic clamps will work as the remus tube is a bit fatter.

Any ideas guys.
That sucks. You will need to have your muffler/exhaust shop fabricate you an extension to pair the two pipes together. Shouldn't be anything too difficult.

The quality of the exhaust looks top notch.

Which tips did you go with, chrome angled (rolled)?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #212
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That sucks. You will need to have your muffler/exhaust shop fabricate you an extension to pair the two pipes together. Shouldn't be anything too difficult.

The quality of the exhaust looks top notch.

Which tips did you go with, chrome angled (rolled)?
Cheers. Will do that.

These are black chrome angled which my vendor states are exclusive to them.

I was told that if I managed to get this exhaust on, it would sound horrendously loud. They had the gpf back on the owner's car and he let me listen to his car.

Man it sounded glorious even for a gpf back. The cold start rattling kind of sound i always hear on these G8x was nowhere to be heard. It was an amplified stock, deep growling sound but only better in every way. I am really happy to get the Remus and will hopefully get it installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #213
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

These guys installed Shmee's development Remus system. You can see clips of how Shmee's car sounded from outside. They said they could still hear his car for a long time after he left their shop

Got my exhaust off them.

The sound in the video is nowhere near as good as it was when I heard it in person. It was the right amount of loud and even cold start sounded really good.

Appreciate 1
Seandale520.00
      01-21-2022, 01:48 PM   #214
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Cheers. Will do that.

These are black chrome angled which my vendor states are exclusive to them.

I was told that if I managed to get this exhaust on, it would sound horrendously loud. They had the gpf back on the owner's car and he let me listen to his car.

Man it sounded glorious even for a gpf back. The cold start rattling kind of sound i always hear on these G8x was nowhere to be heard. It was an amplified stock, deep growling sound but only better in every way. I am really happy to get the Remus and will hopefully get it installed.
Too bad bud as I'm sure you were excited to get this done! I was also anxiously waiting to see your outcome as well because I had Mike give me a quote on this exhaust with a Active x-pipe mid but he cautioned fitment hasn't been tested yet. I want to do the work myself so if I have to get a shop involved that isn't what I wanted to hear. Sounds like that type of set up will be extremely loud as well.

Good luck in finding a resolution! The exhaust looks the part!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 01:58 PM   #215
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Got news this morning that the incoming Remus shipment is delayed with a new ETA of 2/28.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 02:29 PM   #216
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Quote:
This will cause check engine light because cats are removed right? Or it's fine because primary downpipes/cats aren't touched?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 02:47 PM   #217
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Quote:
These guys installed Shmee's development Remus system. You can see clips of how Shmee's car sounded from outside. They said they could still hear his car for a long time after he left their shop

Got my exhaust off them.

The sound in the video is nowhere near as good as it was when I heard it in person. It was the right amount of loud and even cold start sounded really good.

This sounds perfect IMO. Not too loud but enough to make a difference! It'll be interesting to see what the US version will sound like. Looking forward to this more and more.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 02:49 PM   #218
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Too bad bud as I'm sure you were excited to get this done! I was also anxiously waiting to see your outcome as well because I had Mike give me a quote on this exhaust with a Active x-pipe mid but he cautioned fitment hasn't been tested yet. I want to do the work myself so if I have to get a shop involved that isn't what I wanted to hear. Sounds like that type of set up will be extremely loud as well.

Good luck in finding a resolution! The exhaust looks the part!
Hey.
Thank you. I don't think this will need a lot of work. I will hopefully have a cheap fix soon. My mind is in overtime now I think now I have three sets of clamps. One from remus, one came with the valvetronic midpipe. I also have another set of clamps lying about. If I could somehow use them to complete the installation, I will be a happy man. I think, if all else fails, I can cut a piece from factory midpipe and use a pair of extra clamps to make an extension.

But I have a feeling, it will sound too loud, loud enough to be thrown out of the neighbourhood I think. To me, the single midpipe with valve controller is the ideal set up but I also want to get rid of the suitcase/cows udder and hence I bought the remus.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 02:57 PM   #219
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
This will cause check engine light because cats are removed right? Or it's fine because primary downpipes/cats aren't touched?
Primary cats are still intact so no check engine light.
Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      01-21-2022, 03:01 PM   #220
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hey.
Thank you. I don't think this will need a lot of work. I will hopefully have a cheap fix soon. My mind is in overtime now I think now I have three sets of clamps. One from remus, one came with the valvetronic midpipe. I also have another set of clamps lying about. If I could somehow use them to complete the installation, I will be a happy man. I think, if all else fails, I can cut a piece from factory midpipe and use a pair of extra clamps to make an extension.

But I have a feeling, it will sound too loud, loud enough to be thrown out of the neighbourhood I think. To me, the single midpipe with valve controller is the ideal set up but I also want to get rid of the suitcase/cows udder and hence I bought the remus.
Yeah Shmees car is definitely the loudest I've heard without doing downpipes. Just so hard to know unless you hear it for yourself. The stock exhaust is ugly for sure and an aftermarket sure cleans that up! Will be following to see your progress! Good Luck!
Appreciate 0