BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Sections Wheels / Tires

Today, 12:56 PM   #463
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Bit of a small development, but I was able to source Pilot Alpin 5's in 275/35/19 and bought an extra set of 826M's to put in the back.

However, I just learned that you can fit 285/35/20's out back with no problem as long as the ride height isn't low. I'm now considering 295/35/20's in Pilot Alpin 5 so I can retain the stock 20's and not have to spend much more on an extra set of wheels that are finish mismatched (didn't get the bi-colour 826M's).

I've attached a pic of Soom's car that has 285/35/20's out back in Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4's. It looks.. interesting with the 35 series on the front and back, but I genuinely don't mind it since the wheels themselves look great. I think I'm going to lean towards ordering the 295/35/20 and pairing it with the 275/35/19.

I wonder if the OD difference will be a problem besides the speedometer error. But does anyone have any thoughts? I really would rather just keep an extra set of tyres rather than an extra set of rear wheels + tyres.
Attached Images

@dakar.g80 #savethemanuals
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:58 PM   #464
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
My Alpin 5s encountered their first real snow today. Cut through 6" powder like there was nothing on the road. Drove over packed snow/ice (in 10F temperatures) without any slippage or sidestepping. So far, so good!
I tried to order a set of 4 825Ms to do a square setup with like yours but was told that it wouldn't work and then I just focused more on getting the M240i for winter.

I'm considering cancelling the M240i since it just keeps getting delayed endlessly and winter is here.

You had no issues with the square 825M setup? Are you running any spacers or anything? You got them from your local dealership right?

I may have to start trying to find somewhere that can source the 825Ms quickly.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:39 PM   #465
luckylingy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
I tried to order a set of 4 825Ms to do a square setup with like yours but was told that it wouldn't work and then I just focused more on getting the M240i for winter.

I'm considering cancelling the M240i since it just keeps getting delayed endlessly and winter is here.

You had no issues with the square 825M setup? Are you running any spacers or anything? You got them from your local dealership right?

I may have to start trying to find somewhere that can source the 825Ms quickly.
No issues running square 825Ms; ~1,200 miles on them so far. I added 12mm spacers on the rears to restore (to within 1mm) the original inner offset of the OEM 10.5 x 20" rims. I purchased the extra pair of rims from my local dealership (back in August, even before I secured an allocation), and they arrived within a week. iDrive 7 even defaults to the square 275/35R19 wheel as the alternate (winter) tire size on TPMS reset.

Come springtime I'll probably leave the 12mm spacers on the rear and add 15mm spacers to the front wheels (IND's recommended sizing, FWIW) when I return to staggered summer tires.
Appreciate 0