Technical Sections Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

01-03-2022, 12:51 PM   #1
Mrspeed636
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340GT, G80 Comp AWD - SOON!

G80 4 Point Roll Bar and Harness

Well, it took exactly forever for this thing to show up but its here and its installed!

Thanks to the guys at RSR Studios for making it. By luck, I called them when they were getting ready to make the first one for an M3, they already had one for an M4. See pics of the final product below. I am extremely happy and was even able to get this in with the help of my friend. RSR did not have instructions ready yet but after watching their F80 install video and a quick call to RSR for placement guidance it really wasn't the most difficult thing to get done. Just took a lot of patience to remove all the piece parts out of the way including the large plastic covers underneath. Yes, cutting the carpet on my $90k+ plus car and then drilling holes was cringeworthy but hey, you only live once right!

This is a 4 point 'quick release' so, theoretically, I will be able to swap back and forth. It should be quick and easy to do but its definitely going to be an all afternoon project when I want to put the back seats in so the kiddos can enjoy the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
      01-04-2022, 05:47 PM   #2
StudioRSR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: AW G82 RSR "TD4"

Thanks for being the first G80 M3 Roll Cage that we shipped out, and thanks for waiting for our Design/Development to complete. Looking good! I wish we got the CF seats

www.studiorsr.com | email: info@studiorsr.com | call: 1-844-991-5582| Instagram: @studiorsr| StudioRSR G8x M3/M4 YouTube videos
For updates on your order, please email updates@studiorsr.com
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2022, 01:04 PM   #3
dirtyfreebooter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa

is there is options for a 5/6 point harnesses? my regular track does not allow 4-point, even with any anti-submarine technology... i also have the carbon bucket seats
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 07:58 AM   #4
Mrspeed636
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340GT, G80 Comp AWD - SOON!

I am sure you can run one from back behind the seat and under your butt. I have seen this done, not sure how safe it is. I have not found a way to do it without cutting the seat and I am unwilling to go that far.

I can say, the seats come out relatively easy, just put a race bucket in
Appreciate 0