home
Technical Sections Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

08-19-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
StudioRSR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: AW G82 RSR "TD4"

/// StudioRSR \\\ G80 M3 in Bimmer Challenge at Laguna Seca

We decided to switch out cars for the Season in BimmerChallenge and see if we can hold our 1st place position until the end of the year using our G80 M3.
We've never been to Laguna Seca before and this is the first time we've tracked our Project G80 with Springs and stickier tires. We also added a new front bumper design to mimic the M-Performance car.

Like we said in our first track video when the car was 100% stock, our cars are amazing on track, especially the brakes. It was a great time mixing it up / beating some fully stripped-out track car!

Checkout our VLOG from the whole weekend where we drove up Pacific Coast Highway with a bunch of our friends/customers that we were providing track support for:

www.studiorsr.com | email: info@studiorsr.com | call: 1-844-991-5582| Instagram: @studiorsr| StudioRSR G8x M3/M4 YouTube videos
For updates on your order, please email updates@studiorsr.com
Appreciate 2
      09-01-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
corbs09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

What springs and tires are you running?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 01:17 PM   #3
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I cant unsee the front bumper
Attached Images

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 09-01-2021 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 02:01 PM   #4
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I cant unsee the front bumper
A Chinstrap Abe Lincoln for the G80
Limegrntaln13389.50
      01-04-2022, 02:44 AM   #5
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Mini x 2, Lotus x 4

Hey Guys (Studio RSR) can you provide some more info on the reprogramming of the diffs required when running a lowered G80 at the track?

This seems like it will be a massive hindrance to people, as most people who track will run lowered cars, anyone running coilovers will obviously have the same issue.

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more talk about it. I'm looking to move into an M3 and will be hitting the straight away, so want to know there is an easy remote solution for this from the get go.

I'm based in Aus, so hopefully it's as simple as adding some new codes.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 05:41 PM   #6
StudioRSR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: AW G82 RSR "TD4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBen View Post
Hey Guys (Studio RSR) can you provide some more info on the reprogramming of the diffs required when running a lowered G80 at the track?

This seems like it will be a massive hindrance to people, as most people who track will run lowered cars, anyone running coilovers will obviously have the same issue.

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more talk about it. I'm looking to move into an M3 and will be hitting the straight away, so want to know there is an easy remote solution for this from the get go.

I'm based in Aus, so hopefully it's as simple as adding some new codes.

It was stressful at first, but that's because we were the first to come across the issue and didn't know what the solution was until trying a handful of potential fixes.

The issue doesn't deal with the differential itself. The M differential stops itself from working due to the "Chassis Stabilization" errors that come up as a result of lowering our cars (with either springs, Coilovers, etc.)

It is a bit surprising that it hasn't been discussed more, but we think it's because people running springs or Coilovers currently have been lucky enough not to go outside of the functional range of the ride height sensors even though the set point has been altered from the lowering. (People aren't driving their cars hard enough )

With the increased sensitivity of the programming with our newer cars, now even just modifying with lowering springs requires a set point re-calibration. Here's an example of one we did trackside at Global Time Attack:

www.studiorsr.com | email: info@studiorsr.com | call: 1-844-991-5582| Instagram: @studiorsr| StudioRSR G8x M3/M4 YouTube videos
For updates on your order, please email updates@studiorsr.com
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:21 PM   #7
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Mini x 2, Lotus x 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioRSR View Post
(People aren't driving their cars hard enough )

With the increased sensitivity of the programming with our newer cars, now even just modifying with lowering springs requires a set point re-calibration. Here's an example of one we did trackside at Global Time Attack:

Haha, yeah I did wonder that.....

Funnily enough, there is an F80 / F82 track thread here and I think the times you guys are posting with a stock G80 gets you first or second place out of 10 vs far more modified cars.

Makes me excited what this will be capable of when properly sorted.

For us overseas, can this update / recode be done remotely? Ie, if we bought springs, control arms and other hardware through you, would you offer the recoding service?
Appreciate 0