BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

01-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #155
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

@Dr.Deep

Great to read your impressions are pretty much the same as mine !
Lucky enough now to read a review from someone coming from an M car!

Thank you very much for adding your review and pics and i'm happy someone shares my impressions so I don't feel like someone who has absoloutely no idea at all about cars
Appreciate 2
Dr.Deep1827.00
LimiX4m40152.50
      01-17-2021, 11:04 AM   #156
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Thank you! Yeah, tried to pull ou as much I could at the same time, but there are so much impressions at once

Well, I already asked my dealer for the offer of my config after being in the closed room, was probably at 70% after that, but of course wanted to drive before any final decision.

Now I have to sleep over it one / two nights, but I would say, I'll order an M4C
Only thinking again after the color after seing it in PB....
But I think I'll still go with IOMG after seing examples today & Silverstone full leather
wow, awesome color choice !

p.s.
If the Swiss people in this forum like i'd love to make an appointment with you guys and meet somewhere as soon as everyone recieved his car...I think it would make an awesome picture

p.s. I go with the M3 MT IOMG
still awaiting the production date
Appreciate 3
Dr.Deep1827.00
VIERsr2620.50
LimiX4m40152.50
      01-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #157
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
Thanks Dr.Deep! Great input and makes me more excited to test drive one!

I'm sure you have more pics so please post when you get a chance. Portimao is now my no. 1 choice for the G80 after seeing the recent pics. I don't care if too many M340i/M440i have it, it's a beautiful color that has BMW written all over it.
tbh who cares if there are M340 or M440 around with PB ?
The color fits the M4 VERY well and you still see from miles that it is an M4 so if you like it, go for it ! in person it is even better than on this pics, beautiful color (but i'm in love with IOMG)
Appreciate 3
M3AWD3178.00
VIERsr2620.50
Dr.Deep1827.00
      01-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #158
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Enthusiast View Post
Quote:
Yes, I'll go for RWD. I never felt the need for AWD for myself since I have the M2, even in snow, and I had an AWD before.

Yeah, PB is still not out of my head

What is you other color choice? And M3 or M4?
Nice!

I have currently an M4C (RWD) order in Alpine White / Black Interior. I simply like white and I am not too much into louder colors... Thought about going Individual "Hockenheim Silver" or some Individual grey color but wanted early delivery in March so stayed with white. But now again I am thinking of a different color especially PB or maybe Brooklyn Grey
Ahh, nice, so you are pretty far then
Yeah white is always a good choice on most of the cars. I just like colorful cars

I was also thinking about Brooklyn Grey, but hard for me to pick a color that I can't see in real on a car...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:00 PM   #159
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Quote:
Hi guys,

As mentioned, today I had my M4C test drive and I want to share me thoughts and also answer some questions.
Did they inform you of the actual weight of the M4C you drove; and if so, what are the specs for the car?
Unfortunately not...but from what I could see, the car was fully loaded I would say, inkl. CB seats and ceramics
Appreciate 1
bm323193.50
      01-17-2021, 12:08 PM   #160
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
Quote:
Hi guys,

As mentioned, today I had my M4C test drive and I want to share me thoughts and also answer some questions.

Cheers
Cheers for the review... I have a question: how was the traction situation on wintery roads? Did you drive through any snow on the ground and how did the car handle it? This is gonna be my first RWD sports car with this amount of power, but from your write up it seems to be just fine on winter tires
Yes, I've driven also on full snow covered roads and it was ok for an RWD, at least what I'm used to compared to my M2. But of course you have to be gentle with the pedal. With good winter tires and normal roads you won't have any issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:19 PM   #161
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Thank you! Yeah, tried to pull ou as much I could at the same time, but there are so much impressions at once

Well, I already asked my dealer for the offer of my config after being in the closed room, was probably at 70% after that, but of course wanted to drive before any final decision.

Now I have to sleep over it one / two nights, but I would say, I'll order an M4C
Only thinking again after the color after seing it in PB....
But I think I'll still go with IOMG after seing examples today & Silverstone full leather
wow, awesome color choice !

p.s.
If the Swiss people in this forum like i'd love to make an appointment with you guys and meet somewhere as soon as everyone recieved his car...I think it would make an awesome picture

p.s. I go with the M3 MT IOMG
still awaiting the production date
Thank you! And congrats on your IOMG M3

Do you have any rough estimate from your dealer, when the car should arrive?

And yes, absolutely regarding the meet & pics!!
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      01-17-2021, 12:24 PM   #162
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Dr.Deep, did the slippery conditions give you a good opportunity to easily compare understeer tendencies vs your M2? Did you feel understeer either directly or by DSC reigning in the car more often and more agressive than your car?

And thanks for adding your impressions to this thread! Two members down, both impressed it seems This is indeed very promising.
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00
      01-17-2021, 12:25 PM   #163
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Thank you for the review, really appreciate!
Glad to hear that you liked the ZF8 coming from the DKG.
Just one clarification: the message "full power available soon" is not related to the break-in service to do, but it's a routine check of the OPFs when you turn on the engine, it won't disappear after the first service. Same on my M2 Competition, I can have full power once the message disappear after few seconds of starting the engine, even if it's already warm.
Of course you won't have it in the US
Welcome! Yes, was absolutely nothing that bothered me on the ZF8 during the drive. At least the way I'm going to use it

Ahh, thank you for the clarification! Didn't know that it is related to the OPF, makes sense
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:33 PM   #164
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:

thanks
Unfortunately no idea...we ordered at the end of december (wanted to see if the conditions get better in the new year...negative they actually got worse haha so we ordered with the december conditions) and he still didn't get a "quota" (it is called like that). But he said at the end of january they will get new production slots and let me know then.
He thinks it will bi April/May until it is delievered. I will let you know as soon as I know more you ordered already ?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #165
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:

thanks
Unfortunately no idea...we ordered at the end of december (wanted to see if the conditions get better in the new year...negative they actually got worse haha so we ordered with the december conditions) and he still didn't get a "quota" (it is called like that). But he said at the end of january they will get new production slots and let me know then.
He thinks it will bi April/May until it is delievered. I will let you know as soon as I know more you ordered already ?
Haha, I see, but April / May ar least sounds good

No, not ordered yet, think order will take place next week, as I have to change some details for my config But I got already an offer with my current config from my dealer last week, and there somewhere in the details I think something was mentioned (1. Inverkehrssetzung 19.05.2021), but I doubt this was related to my specific car, maybe just calculation related stuff...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #166
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions!

Really strongly leaning towards PB now...with the grey orbit wheels, and whatever front lip is available from m performance/aftermarket at the time of AWD release.
      01-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #167
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Dr.Deep, did the slippery conditions give you a good opportunity to easily compare understeer tendencies vs your M2? Did you feel understeer either directly or by DSC reigning in the car more often and more agressive than your car?

And thanks for adding your impressions to this thread! Two members down, both impressed it seems This is indeed very promising.
Testing understeer was not easy on that day, I could barely go to that point where I could feel it from a „limit" perspective.

The DTC came in a few times, but that was too bee expected on that day, nothing where the M2 would behave differently.

Absolutely, you definitely have to see and experience the car before making any final decision. For me it changed from "don't think I'll get one" to finally ordering one
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      01-20-2021, 04:28 PM   #168
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
More pictures of Portimao blue
Appreciate 4
EXE462097.00
M3AWD3178.00
LimiX4m40152.50
Dr.Deep1827.00
      01-20-2021, 11:00 PM   #169
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/01/20/2...g-impressions/

"The power delivery through all RPM was very good in Comfort mode. Not too aggressive, but I didn’t feel any lag when flooring the throttle. The response is very quick but in a smooth way. Going into Sport mode and the real fun begins. The G82 M4 is very responsive and aggressive, but never in a way where you might think you lose control of the car. I felt the M4’s power basically across the entire RPM range. There is a bit of turbo lag in the low rev, but not as noticeable as in the past.

Downshifting is a blast. With very short delays, it will catapult you right away, so very good job from BMW in calibrating the 8-speed ZF gearbox for this car. Also shifting gears in manual mode, the gears click in almost instantly. Didn’t feel any big differences compared to a DCT. This gearbox is phenomenal!"
LimiX4m40152.50
      01-22-2021, 03:47 PM   #170
lnwlf7
Enlisted Member
Monaco
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 JB 6MT, M2 MG DCT, 525d

Garage List
2002 BMW 525i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Ahh...yeah then, you have even nicer ones..

I also never use any holders, mine are sticked directly to the body, but here I don't see any space where this may work, as there are nowhere flat surfaces that would fit the plate...

I was more thinking to put it behind the windshield, but while it is not explicit forbidden here and some are driving around like that, it is not liked by the and you may get fined for it...and I think this car will get enough attention anyway
I lived for 15 years in switzerland. Every time when I drove paltes behind the windshield I received a "Maengelrapport"
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00
      01-22-2021, 08:36 PM   #171
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnwlf7 View Post
Quote:
Ahh...yeah then, you have even nicer ones..

I also never use any holders, mine are sticked directly to the body, but here I don't see any space where this may work, as there are nowhere flat surfaces that would fit the plate...

I was more thinking to put it behind the windshield, but while it is not explicit forbidden here and some are driving around like that, it is not liked by the and you may get fined for it...and I think this car will get enough attention anyway
I lived for 15 years in switzerland. Every time when I drove paltes behind the windshield I received a "Maengelrapport"
Thank you for the input

That's what I mostly expect to happen :
Appreciate 0