BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

03-18-2021, 09:02 AM   #67
Puuhapete
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 25e, 2021 Taycan 4s

I really suggest everybody tries the F90 before ordering it. Its probably one of the most disappointing driving experiences I ever had. I got zero connection to the car. The acceleration felt great but thats only one part of the equation. Steering feel was not there for me and the tranny is horrible. Luckily the software seems to be miles better in the G80. I hope I get to drive a G80 soon but I would not choose the F90 over any M3, let alone this new one which seems to get really good reviews.
If Steve Sutcliffe praises this car, it has to be a bloody good one.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 11:15 PM   #68
Solarium
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Really debating getting a new M3 Xdrive vs a used 2019 M5 with low miles. Going to be around the same price and probably very similar 0-60 times (within 0.2 seconds I estimate). This will be a daily and the occasional family hauler, hence I’m getting rid of my M4 in favor of a 4 door. I don’t particularly like the new M3 grills, but with darker colors (especially the tanzanite blue) it looks rather good. Had it not been for the raving reviews of the driving experience I wouldn’t even have considered it. The weight is going to be within 300 lbs of the M5. I also have been used to driving the M4 with BM3 at 500hp with the Pilot 4S tires, so I don’t think the G80 will impress me much. I test drove the M5 when it first came out 2018 and absolutely loved the V8 sound and the straight line acceleration. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 04:34 AM   #69
flanast
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABenChod View Post
Never been a fan of the heavy ass land yatch M5. G8x is heavy too. I prefer more nimble and lighter cars (F8x) because I track.
Agree the F90 is too heavy to use as regular track car that's why I have an F90 M5C as my street car and F80 M4 as my track car.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 11:42 AM   #70
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Just my 2 cents
I drove a g80 m3 comp and f90 comp lci back to back today. They are completely different beast all together. Not even close.
I drive a f82 now and getting into the g80 felt right at home. According to the butt dyno, it felt as fast as my stg 2 bm3. It would be a close race. The suspension was amazing. It took city roads like a charm. It's also very nimble but the steering is a lot lighter than the f82. It made my f82 feel like a Mac truck. Weight wise, it felt no different than the f82, none. Interior size and form was the same too. It felt very comfortable and I felt right at home. Did I mention the interior! It's perfect! I'm not a fan of the blue at all but the fit and finish is really really nice. It's a huge step up from the f8x

The m5 comp on the other hand felt heavy, very heavy. The steering felt disconnected. The interior was good but it doesn't compare to the new styling of the g80. The best part about the m5 is the power. It is a missile when you floor it! The exterior is subtle and will def go under the radar if you get a grey something. The g80 on the other hand is very muscular it'll get noticed everywhere the exhaust is huge. Lots of sharp creases everywhere. The front grill doesn't look bad at alll in person although I would still advise to get darker colors. I think I'll be buying a g80 x drive but for a while I was thinking about stepping up to a f90 lci. Now I'm not so sure. The g80 was def more fun to drive quickly though.
Appreciate 3
solstice5456.50
Salespunk1745.00
Ocho3.00
      03-21-2021, 12:53 PM   #71
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee808 View Post
Just my 2 cents
I drove a g80 m3 comp and f90 comp lci back to back today. They are completely different beast all together. Not even close.
I drive a f82 now and getting into the g80 felt right at home. According to the butt dyno, it felt as fast as my stg 2 bm3. It would be a close race. The suspension was amazing. It took city roads like a charm. It's also very nimble but the steering is a lot lighter than the f82. It made my f82 feel like a Mac truck. Weight wise, it felt no different than the f82, none. Interior size and form was the same too. It felt very comfortable and I felt right at home. Did I mention the interior! It's perfect! I'm not a fan of the blue at all but the fit and finish is really really nice. It's a huge step up from the f8x

The m5 comp on the other hand felt heavy, very heavy. The steering felt disconnected. The interior was good but it doesn't compare to the new styling of the g80. The best part about the m5 is the power. It is a missile when you floor it! The exterior is subtle and will def go under the radar if you get a grey something. The g80 on the other hand is very muscular it'll get noticed everywhere the exhaust is huge. Lots of sharp creases everywhere. The front grill doesn't look bad at alll in person although I would still advise to get darker colors. I think I'll be buying a g80 x drive but for a while I was thinking about stepping up to a f90 lci. Now I'm not so sure. The g80 was def more fun to drive quickly though.
Good feedback. How much faster/more powerful did the M5 feel?

I saw this in a nearby showroom. I thought it looked awesome inside and out.

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 05:42 PM   #72
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee808 View Post
Just my 2 cents

Good feedback. How much faster/more powerful did the M5 feel?

I saw this in a nearby showroom. I thought it looked awesome inside and out.

[IMG][/IMG]
On the street there was certainly a difference in power. It was not by an extreme amount but def noticeable. In the G80 it felt like I was the pilot, in the F90 it felt like I was along for the ride. Two very different feels. The F90 is scary fast but the G80 feels more fun to go full send.
Appreciate 1
Ocho3.00