BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-03-2022, 01:25 AM   #1
Alous
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F30 320i M-Sport

Arrow Carbon City Customs Steering Wheel

I am looking to get a steering wheel for my new M4, and I ran across www.carboncitycustoms.com
Their website is actually amazing and I have never seen options like that. Are these guys real?
I haven't seen much reviews about them on Google or anything, but their prices seem too good to be true compared to other websites.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 08:08 AM   #2
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4c vert

Garage List
Don't do it!

- this is a new site that was started by euro active retrofits (likely to get away from the miserable ear reviews)

- they promised me that their driver assist solution works perfectly when I inquired. Posted here to check, and a fellow member was returning his since it never worked

- read the EAR reviews! (never order from this company.. Etc)

- it is too good to be true. I wanted to believe. I ended up ordering from aza.

- if you don't have driver assist, you do have other options (R44, kies, etc, but don't go with euro). If you have driver assist like me, aza seems to be the only solution.
Appreciate 2
M4Tejas788.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
      08-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #3
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

I've had good experience with CarbonTastic. https://www.realcarbontastic.com/

That said, the vast majority of snazzy aftermarket steering wheels look like crap when you go overboard with customizations.
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      08-07-2022, 04:18 AM   #4
Alous
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F30 320i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktif8 View Post
Don't do it!

- this is a new site that was started by euro active retrofits (likely to get away from the miserable ear reviews)

- they promised me that their driver assist solution works perfectly when I inquired. Posted here to check, and a fellow member was returning his since it never worked

- if you don't have driver assist, you do have other options (R44, kies, etc, but don't go with euro). If you have driver assist like me, aza seems to be the only solution.
I did contact Carbon City through their contact form and they did confirm they I am able to retain my driver assistance functions. They did also mention that they install a decoder within the new wheel which will basically allow me to not have to grab my steering wheel every few seconds. I know there are a few bad reviews on EAR, but there are mostly good reviews about the steering wheels. I might order just because I can retain the driver assistance and because I’ll save a lot.
I’ll let you know when it comes in about the quality and driver assistance functionality.
Appreciate it!
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      08-07-2022, 08:37 AM   #5
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alous View Post
I did contact Carbon City through their contact form and they did confirm they I am able to retain my driver assistance functions. They did also mention that they install a decoder within the new wheel which will basically allow me to not have to grab my steering wheel every few seconds. I know there are a few bad reviews on EAR, but there are mostly good reviews about the steering wheels. I might order just because I can retain the driver assistance and because I’ll save a lot.
I’ll let you know when it comes in about the quality and driver assistance functionality.
Appreciate it!
FYI - (carbon city customs is the same company as EAR)

This is what made me decide not to order from them

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29003122&postcount=4662
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      08-07-2022, 12:19 PM   #6
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Carismo Designs.

I've got a steering wheel by them and was referred to them by James (WhatsYourForte). I've referred a few current owners as well and everyone loves their design/feel/wheel shape. It may not be to your liking, but I think they have a decent return policy if you're not too happy. There's no need to buy something through some shady company online that has an odd/storied past.

Check out their IG page: @carismo_design and mine (shameless plug but I'm too lazy to attach photos from my business computer) @dakar.g80 for a few pics of the steering wheel. They mainly conduct business through IG as well, so it's best to find 'em there. When you're ready to buy, they link you to their website to checkout and what not. It was quick and seamless, and when I was a bit iffy about their white leather matching with my Ivory, they were more than happy to take it back and exchange it if anything (they're local to me so they said to come on by). So customer service is on point IMO, which plays a large role in if I buy something from a company or not.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 05:39 AM   #7
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Carismo Designs.

I've got a steering wheel by them and was referred to them by James (WhatsYourForte). I've referred a few current owners as well and everyone loves their design/feel/wheel shape. It may not be to your liking, but I think they have a decent return policy if you're not too happy. There's no need to buy something through some shady company online that has an odd/storied past.

Check out their IG page: @carismo_design and mine (shameless plug but I'm too lazy to attach photos from my business computer) @dakar.g80 for a few pics of the steering wheel. They mainly conduct business through IG as well, so it's best to find 'em there. When you're ready to buy, they link you to their website to checkout and what not. It was quick and seamless, and when I was a bit iffy about their white leather matching with my Ivory, they were more than happy to take it back and exchange it if anything (they're local to me so they said to come on by). So customer service is on point IMO, which plays a large role in if I buy something from a company or not.
They really are nice wheels, but for some of us the lack of support for driver assist is a deal breaker. (OP has it too.)
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      08-08-2022, 11:08 AM   #8
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktif8 View Post
Don't do it!

Hey guys, what do you think about this company?

It sucks, they promised me the driver assistance works with their wheel, it did not for others. People are returning their products.

Oh, ok, well, I emailed them, and they told me it works, so I will be going with them.

Appreciate 1
Seedster2279.00
      08-08-2022, 01:20 PM   #9
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Hey guys, what do you think about this company?

It sucks, they promised me the driver assistance works with their wheel, it did not for others. People are returning their products.

Oh, ok, well, I emailed them, and they told me it works, so I will be going with them.

Appreciate 0