09-06-2022, 06:44 PM   #45
dirtyfreebooter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamero View Post
Yes, running version 07/2021.46. I purchased the car November 2021 and I'm unaware of any updates since then.

In iDrive I don't see a way to do anything other than start and stop the timer. I can't even see sessions that are minutes old after stopping and starting the timer again.

The iOS app won't connect to the car anymore and I can only see the sessions from many months ago when it was working.

Coincidentally? The ParkMobile app doesn't work anymore either.
hah, my park mobile app isn't working either

i hope at some point they restore the HUD, but in any case, without being able to pull the telemetry, its kinda worthless for analyzing your laps.

My DIY RaceChrono CAN-bus project is still moving along, i am going to give it my first real test sept 15th.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wjcwdx6qovqeoQZL7

so far i have:
rpm 100hz
pedal 100hz
brake pressure 50hz
gear 50hz
steering angle 25hz
brake pedal off/on 10hz
gearbox (s1,s2,s3 shift speed) 10hz

still looking for throttle, i have pedal, which is the physical pedal, not the engine throttle.

brake pressure, i have not figured out the units, its some number that decreases in value as brake it pressed.

i dont use the gearbox value, as its worthless for track, but i found it looking for gear.
Appreciate 3
jmg18705.00
      09-06-2022, 10:15 PM   #46
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfreebooter View Post
Quote:
Yes, running version 07/2021.46. I purchased the car November 2021 and I'm unaware of any updates since then.

In iDrive I don't see a way to do anything other than start and stop the timer. I can't even see sessions that are minutes old after stopping and starting the timer again.

The iOS app won't connect to the car anymore and I can only see the sessions from many months ago when it was working.

i hope at some point they restore the HUD, but in any case, without being able to pull the telemetry, its kinda worthless for analyzing your laps.

My DIY RaceChrono CAN-bus project is still moving along, i am going to give it my first real test sept 15th.

so far i have:
rpm 100hz
pedal 100hz
brake pressure 50hz
gear 50hz
steering angle 25hz
brake pedal off/on 10hz

still looking for throttle, i have pedal, which is the physical pedal, not the engine throttle.

brake pressure, i have not figured out the units, its some number that decreases in value as brake it pressed.

i dont use the gearbox value, as its worthless for track, but i found it looking for gear.
I think it's going to work great for you with those numbers. Think I'm going to go with a OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth and external gps and hope
For the best. With go pro alone it worked better than I expected last time out
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 01:37 AM   #47
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:

so far i have:
rpm 100hz
pedal 100hz
brake pressure 50hz
gear 50hz
steering angle 25hz
brake pedal off/on 10hz

That is awesome work finding all the CAN signals.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 05:11 PM   #48
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Quote:

so far i have:
rpm 100hz
pedal 100hz
brake pressure 50hz
gear 50hz
steering angle 25hz
brake pedal off/on 10hz

I bet brake pressure is negative bar
      09-15-2022, 07:55 AM   #49
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Mathias finally wrote back to me…
Attached Images

09-16-2022, 09:51 PM   #50
Vote Quimby
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX, G01 X3 M40i

OK, I'm super-confused now.

Mathias seems to be saying that the laptimer is still available in the HUD, yet the last time I checked all I had was a "start" button that simultaneously initiated an odometer and an stopwatch, then cleverly divided the former by the latter, to derive nothing useful whatsoever.

Is anyone actually seeing anything useful in ID7, and if so how do I get that? I have another track day on Tuesday and I'd love to have it up and running this time.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 11:46 AM   #51
jocamero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 Competition xDrive

I'm seeing basically the stopwatch you describe in the HUD now. It will also show time delta and color indicating +/-. Until the app recently broke I saw nothing in the HUD.

I found it useful for track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote Quimby View Post
OK, I'm super-confused now.

Mathias seems to be saying that the laptimer is still available in the HUD, yet the last time I checked all I had was a "start" button that simultaneously initiated an odometer and an stopwatch, then cleverly divided the former by the latter, to derive nothing useful whatsoever.

Is anyone actually seeing anything useful in ID7, and if so how do I get that? I have another track day on Tuesday and I'd love to have it up and running this time.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 06:32 PM   #52
TrackEnthusiast
Private
Rep
Drives: 125i 2014

Quote:
yea, my iOS app hasn't updated for a long time, they pushed an update to the iDrive app that more or less disables the connectivity to the phone app. There is nothing for them to push on the iOS side as the app itself has been fully removed from the AppStore.

i just did a DIY CAN-BUS device, trying it out with RaceChrono Pro's DIY Bluetooth LE API and adafruit + mp2515 chip for reading the canbus. Unfortunately the can bus pins on the OBD2 port, pins 6/14, are not your standard canbus stream of data, they are some sort of request/reply protocol (different from OBD2 protocol), noted here -> https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/b...-0x130.927805/ that is the same behavior i am seeing on my G80 when trying to access can-bus via OBD2 pins.

so now i've tapped to canbus in the passenger side footwell, following the AIM SOLO2 documentation. this should give my DIY device a proper CAN-BUS dataflow but i have yet to test it out and wont have time to get back to this project for a couple of days. Also just considering a AIM SOLO2 DL now that went through the trouble to tap into the real can wires… Might be a better solution then yet another side project of making my own hardware and software, lol
Hi there mate, one more time congrats for the amazing job. I just tought of something that might be helpful for your project: Theres still an alternate solution to workaround the need to tap in to the FEM module CAN wires:

The BMW drive Analyser dongle. Somehow, this dongle can stream data at very good rates (can't tell how fast, but it pulls a lot of data) from the OBDII. Check the end result below:

If, somehow, you can get the messages the dongle send in, then maybe you can get the data stream as the response. The videos I've seen are pretty similar to those I've benn making with the MLaptimer app (which still works for my old M135i 2014). Below A video I just made integrating the MLaptimer app data with the GoPro GPS using the www.easy-telemetry.com website:

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:47 AM   #53
reNT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I'm seeing basically the stopwatch you describe in the HUD now. It will also show time delta and color indicating +/-. Until the app recently broke I saw nothing in the HUD.

I found it useful for track days.
So is this stopwatch functionality autonomous based on the car's gps position on the track? As in, will the app automatically log the time once the lap is completed or, do I need to manually click a button to let it know a lap had been completed?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 12:02 AM   #54
TrackM4x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
i also now believe the iOS app has been removed from iOS AppStore
Crazy, I was at the track today and my Garmin was not working so I tried to download it and couldn't find it on the App Store. Had no idea this was why.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 02:04 PM   #55
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:
no, the onboard is basically a stopwatch now. you can see total time (WOW) and total distance travelled and max speed.. like who the F*CK is going use that for anything??? no more laps. no more lap times in HUD, delta, and best, which was amazing, the delta in red/orange color in HUD

why not just leave it be then??? ok, i can understand no new features, but new features would be awesome... why not just leave it as it is and let us use it?

and why even leave it in the car stripped down like this? to say its still a feature? and not get a class action lawsuit over the $900 USD M Drive Professional, which still says on bmwusa.com configurator that the iOS App and Laptimer are included... LOL

FUKKKKKKKK YOU BMW fuk You you PIECR OF CHIT WHY THE FUK WOULD.YOU FUK UP THE LAPTIMER APP THATS MY MOST USED APP ON MY FUKING PHONE. The last time it worked (the laptimer app on iPhone 12) was 11/2022 (after its supposed discontinue date)

FUK YOU BMW I HOPE YOU GET BOMBED FOR THIS
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 02:19 PM   #56
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:

Same here I have id7 with 7/2021 (luckily my update never went through) but STILL even with USB the ios app won't record anything. I'm so pissed off I don't want to drive this car anymore it ruins the whole thing.

Why thr fuk would bmw do this are they fuking insane?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 07:36 AM   #57
TheRamon
Rep
Drives: SPY G80 M3CX

Dropping a swift reply and follow here since I'm also deeply saddened by the fact the app isn't available anymore. Hoping we get an export (to usb at least?) functionality of some kind.
Appreciate 0