home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-25-2024, 03:44 PM   #23
M3CeeSaw
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing02hwr View Post
Looks like Autotecknic has it in stock. Not OEM but one alternative.

https://autotecknic.com/collections/...45968807559414
These aftermarket wheels also seems to have noticeably thinner rims especially around the side grips.

Has anyone been able to find the part number for the OEM LCI wheel? It looks like some are starting to hit the dealer lots so the part should be available
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 04:09 PM   #24
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CeeSaw View Post
These aftermarket wheels also seems to have noticeably thinner rims especially around the side grips.

Has anyone been able to find the part number for the OEM LCI wheel? It looks like some are starting to hit the dealer lots so the part should be available
I have someone keeping an eye out for part numbers for me. Nothing yet. Im waiting on headlight, OEM carbon engine cover, and steering wheel part numbers, including carbon inserts.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 02:00 AM   #25
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I have someone keeping an eye out for part numbers for me. Nothing yet. Im waiting on headlight, OEM carbon engine cover, and steering wheel part numbers, including carbon inserts.
My only issue is losing the heating function. Which I know is something stupid to worry about. But sometimes it's nice to get my hands warm lol. Everyone is saying the Autoteckic and Cvrbonized ones are subpar quality. So I'm hoping someone else with a better supplier puts one out sooner or later.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13522.50
      04-26-2024, 02:02 AM   #26
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nication View Post
My only issue is losing the heating function. Which I know is something stupid to worry about. But sometimes it's nice to get my hands warm lol. Everyone is saying the Autoteckic and Cvrbonized ones are subpar quality. So I'm hoping someone else with a better supplier puts one out sooner or later.
No, im with you. I’m not giving up my heated steering wheel.

Appreciate 1
      04-26-2024, 02:05 AM   #27
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
No, im with you. I’m not giving up my heated steering wheel.
The only thing I can maybe hope for, is anyone who does make a quality aftermarket one, can make the wheel get hotter. I loved my heated wheel when I had my Hellcat, it got very toasty. On my M4 it's pretty weak. Wouldn't mind it being able to get hotter lol
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13522.50
      04-27-2024, 06:20 AM   #28
drcop
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhard74 View Post
Don't hold your breath is all i have to say
So, Wesley said anywhere from 25-35 days from the time I placed my order to delivery (California to Ontario, Canada) and he was spot on!! Not only did it arrive as promised, it came well-packed and looked incredible. I would post pictures however my rear tire blew out and I had to have the car towed to the dealership for a complete set of tires so they told me they would install the steering wheel at the same time for $130 more. I will post pictures once I have the car back in a few days!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13522.50
      04-27-2024, 11:58 AM   #29
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
The quality of the carbon looks pretty bad, if they sent me that for $1200 i'd be pretty pissed. Lets hope those were prototypes and not actual finished wheels.

Im not as worried about the carbon, as I am the blue centering stripe in the picture. It looks to be a few ticks to the right. But, that may just be the camera angle. The OEM carbon will probably fit, so, we can negate that. I live in close proximity to the SF, where Wesleys profile says hes located. Not sure if he has a shop, or just does these on the side, but maybe I can see someone local with one, first.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 05:32 AM   #30
Wesley_Cvrbonized
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

Quote:
Im not as worried about the carbon, as I am the blue centering stripe in the picture. It looks to be a few ticks to the right. But, that may just be the camera angle. The OEM carbon will probably fit, so, we can negate that. I live in close proximity to the SF, where Wesleys profile says hes located. Not sure if he has a shop, or just does these on the side, but maybe I can see someone local with one, first.
Hello. Wesley here, yes I am local to San Francisco. I have a few of the LCI wheels in stock. More than welcome to message me on my business page on IG and see them for yourself! We have seen the feedback on the carbon trims for the early production runs and are working to make it look better.
As for the stripe, if the wheel is tilted even a liiiitle bit to the side it will appear off centered.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 11:25 AM   #31
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley_Cvrbonized View Post
Hello. Wesley here, yes I am local to San Francisco. I have a few of the LCI wheels in stock. More than welcome to message me on my business page on IG and see them for yourself! We have seen the feedback on the carbon trims for the early production runs and are working to make it look better.
As for the stripe, if the wheel is tilted even a liiiitle bit to the side it will appear off centered.
Good, waiting on my shipping status, but also I hope mine comes with the revised CF trim, as the picture sent to me seems one of the first one. I dont mind wait longer.
Attached Images

Last edited by yoandry; 05-03-2024 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0