03-11-2024, 03:06 PM   #67
Jax327
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridizer View Post
Installed EBC red's and from a daily driver perspective it doesn't get any better. Night and day difference. I know the reds for the front are hard to come by.

The other bummer is I'll have to swap out for track days. But it's well worth it over the OEM noise and dust.
I agree...installing the reds made a huge difference in dust and noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 09:09 PM   #68
M4CXG82
M4CXG82
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Drive

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Looks like now I have to decide between the iSweep1500 or the EBC reds
      03-12-2024, 09:34 PM   #69
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4CXG82 View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Looks like now I have to decide between the iSweep1500 or the EBC reds
Have fun finding them in stock.
      03-14-2024, 09:28 AM   #70
White340XDriveInCt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tanz M3 Comp

I bought my 2023 Comp a couple weeks ago and (shocker lol) it had squeaky brakes (like many of the M3's I've owned).

However, as was the case with the previous cars (all but one of them were CPO or slightly used), it was most likely the fact the cars sat around or weren't driven "hard" which created the squeaky brake scenario because each time (including with this new car) I took it out and got it up to higher speeds and then did multiple full locks, the squeak vanished. TOTALLY. Sometimes it will come back as brakes get wet and sit, etc., but at least from my experience, repeat the previously mentioned process and we're back to quiet time
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2024, 12:38 PM   #71
Hybridizer
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Competition X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by White340XDriveInCt View Post
I bought my 2023 Comp a couple weeks ago and (shocker lol) it had squeaky brakes (like many of the M3's I've owned).

However, as was the case with the previous cars (all but one of them were CPO or slightly used), it was most likely the fact the cars sat around or weren't driven "hard" which created the squeaky brake scenario because each time (including with this new car) I took it out and got it up to higher speeds and then did multiple full locks, the squeak vanished. TOTALLY. Sometimes it will come back as brakes get wet and sit, etc., but at least from my experience, repeat the previously mentioned process and we're back to quiet time

Mine has been tracked multiple days. Squeaks didn't go away, and came back before I made it home. Granted I don't drive on the street anywhere near like the track on braking load.

If you resolved your issue. Kudo's to you, I can't drive hard enough daily to keep it away. Either way the dust is insane as well. Red's have been great, also like isweeps with the ceramic dust it's more of a tan and doesn't seem to attach as easily. With ceramic coating it's easy to keep up on them.

Granted when I go back to the track I swap the pads out. Small price to pay for me, and this pads are quick and easy to swap out.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2024, 07:17 PM   #72
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

BMW says: you’re doing it wrong.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 11:43 PM   #73
MMnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340XDriveInCt View Post

Believe me. Been there done that. Will come back eventually more or less. Nothing worked until changing the pads. Silent as a mouse no matter dry / wet / just wash etc... and much much less dust.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 07:34 PM   #74
White340XDriveInCt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tanz M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridizer View Post
Mine has been tracked multiple days. Squeaks didn't go away, and came back before I made it home. Granted I don't drive on the street anywhere near like the track on braking load.

If you resolved your issue. Kudo's to you, I can't drive hard enough daily to keep it away. Either way the dust is insane as well. Red's have been great, also like isweeps with the ceramic dust it's more of a tan and doesn't seem to attach as easily. With ceramic coating it's easy to keep up on them.

Granted when I go back to the track I swap the pads out. Small price to pay for me, and this pads are quick and easy to swap out.
Mine are intermittently (and randomly) coming back to squeakyville, but not nearly as bad as before I kept hammering them from full stop. Def going to swap out pads before too long, but at least it's way better that full squeak-o-rama lol.
Appreciate 0