BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-29-2021, 07:05 AM   #89
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
LOL. Yup that was mine! Always hated how the dealers do that with every car sold or not they put it on there site and gets people all excited. Been there myself on a G80 before I ordered mine a dealer had one on the showroom floor that popped up. Called them and they said nope. It was sold and waiting for the costumer to get it. Guess it gets us to call them and maybe they can get another sale from that?

It's a great car! Hope you get one soon!
Yeah. I also think someone else here said that it's some kind of automatic thing that might happen when the dealer puts it into their inventory system.

What I resorted to doing was putting in random zip codes in the BMW website inventory search (seemed to be more comprehensive than AutoTrader, CarGurus, etc.). I luckily found one that was in transit and, to my surprise, the dealer said it hadn't been sold! My first choice would've been the launch colors like yours, but the one I found was my second choice--Brooklyn Grey/Fiona Red--so I'm happy. Only issue is that it's a dealer on the east coast, so I'd have to take a day or two to fly out and drive it back home. I jumped and put a deposit on it, and hopefully should have it in a few weeks.

I'll have to be mindful on the drive home about people giving thumbs up, etc.! Don't want to come across as a douche, haha.
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00