Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
It's grown on me. I like it a lot, actually.
Like a rash....hoping it goes away soon.
Appreciate 2
IM2C2065.00
      09-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #222
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

This is hideous. Man. I hope BMW does not keep using these disgusting grills. I saw the 7 series and it is puke worthy.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #223
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Quote:
Wow. Looks like I'm gonna be buying my F82 in 3 years.

If they do this "new" BMWs are dead to me
Haha, there were many men before you saying the same, guess what they end up doing? F80 have sold like cupcakes and so will G80s
The difference is the F80/82 didn't/doesn't look like complete shit

This car is a monstrosity of epic proportions.

Fuckin Terrible. The Alfa has a nicer front end and that thing is butt ugly.
I agree with you on Alfa. However the g80 image here is just a render so let's see how the actual car will look like; although, I think it will be close to the render in many ways and I do believe acceptance rate will be high enough for BMW to risk it.
      09-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #224
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

Oogleh
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #225
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, there were many men before you saying the same, guess what they end up doing? F80 have sold like cupcakes and so will G80s

I agree with you on Alfa. However the g80 image here is just a render so let's see how the actual car will look like; although, I think it will be close to the render in many ways and I do believe acceptance rate will be high enough for BMW to risk it.
Agreed. It is just a render. I'm sure BMW has done their research on this. Let's all be honest here. The G8x is going to be a fake ///M car anyway with AWD and ZF8 transmission. Sounds like an Audi to me with the horrible YUGE grille to match. The demographics of customers buying a REAL ///M are changing. Those that can will go to Porsche. I've seen so many crybabies scared of RWD on these forums that it makes sense for them to go AWD. BMW going ZF8 is a cost cutting cheeseball move IMO. I told my wife yesterday the days of leasing BMWs and doing ED are most likely over for us and it's no one fault but BMW.

Ok. Let's get back to our regularly scheduled design hate
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN13117.00
georgere584.50
      09-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #226
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed. It is just a render. I'm sure BMW has done their research on this. Let's all be honest here. The G8x is going to be a fake ///M car anyway with AWD and ZF8 transmission. Sounds like an Audi to me with the horrible YUGE grille to match. The demographics of customers buying a REAL ///M are changing. Those that can will go to Porsche. I've seen so many crybabies scared of RWD on these forums that it makes sense for them to go AWD. BMW going ZF8 is a cost cutting cheeseball move IMO. I told my wife yesterday the days of leasing BMWs and doing ED are most likely over for us and it's no one fault but BMW.

I think you are right about the changing ///M demographic. The complaints began with the E46 and have just gotten progressively worse. I remember back on E46Fanatics in 2002-2005; so many complaints about the car being too stiff to drive daily, too frenetic, manual transmissions being too hard to drive in traffic, etc. I remember thinking, "What a bunch of pansies! Why did you buy an ///M car if comfort and convenience were your primary concerns?!?" I see many of the same complaints today......only amplified and even more ridiculous. This is why we are now getting these reduced involvement ///M products (...save for a few select variants; ///M2 CS, etc.). Nobody wants to work for the reward. They want the car to drive itself.

Case in point from the MT Buyer's thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by av.7447 View Post
Who the hell wants to rev match themselves... i see there are so many professional race car drivers on this forum... I can only imagine how many burned clutches they had... if anything auto rev matching is an addition to the pleasure of driving a manual not the other way around! I do however agree, there should be an option to simply turn it on or off in any mode! Personally I would always keep it on as there is no way I can always perfectly rev match as good as the computer, specially on the racetrack!
What "enthusiast" who enjoys developing a skill set says something like that? Granted, I have no issue with the Rev Match feature, but I would gladly do without it if BMW made it easier to shut off (..translation: an iDrive on/off selection). I rev match for myself anyway.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #227
peterdf
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Coupe

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [10.00]
I'm definitely against the consensus here. I think this front end is great. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a head-turner. If I had to take this vs the 7's grill, I'd take this any day. It's also a good approach for bringing more air to the engine. Have the very front be mostly grill, top-to-bottom has to be for better cooling or air intake.

More than anything, this is a shift for BMW's historically uniform styling. They delivered huge variations to the grills across the lineup. Some went well, most didn't. But this new grill would truly set apart the M-sport from the true M vehicles.
mcman19.00
      09-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #228
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

I'm already a fan of BMW's new tail light motif ala 8 series and G20 3 series. I think the back of the G20 looks great when before I wasn't sure.

I don't hate the big grill thing but I really don't want that ACC sensor in the grill so hopefully that remains an option I can skip without skipping out on other stuff (like lumping it in with the exec. package or something lame like that).
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #229
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdf View Post
I'm definitely against the consensus here. I think this front end is great. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a head-turner. If I had to take this vs the 7's grill, I'd take this any day. It's also a good approach for bringing more air to the engine. Have the very front be mostly grill, top-to-bottom has to be for better cooling or air intake.

More than anything, this is a shift for BMW's historically uniform styling. They delivered huge variations to the grills across the lineup. Some went well, most didn't. But this new grill would truly set apart the M-sport from the true M vehicles.
Well said!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #230
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Uhhh.... really hope the front end of the new M4 does NOT look like this... it looks odd and out of place on a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #231
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Omg stop with that grill
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #232
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Sweet Jesus, that is Ugle as F$&@!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 12:42 PM   #233
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Omg stop with that grill
That grill is here to stay for at least the next 5 years.
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00
      09-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #234
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, F98 X4M, I01 94Ah

...nothing more to say...

wait......
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #235
spederd
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 F82

STOP

I have been reading bimmerpost for some years now, on and off, but had to register to reply to this thread.

Would you just stop posting these ugly renders with these stupid commentary?

Everyone knows it is not going to look like this, because BMW would stop selling M3/M4s.

But yet you guys had to post another horrendous render just for the sake of increasing traffic. There have been some nice designs by fans, you just really have to post this ugly renders.

So, please stop.

We will see the real deal at IAA anyway soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #236
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed
      09-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #237
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spederd View Post
I have been reading bimmerpost for some years now, on and off, but had to register to reply to this thread.

Everyone knows it is not going to look like this, because BMW would stop selling M3/M4s.

But yet you guys had to post another horrendous render just for the sake of increasing traffic. There have been some nice designs by fans, you just really have to post this ugly renders.

So, please stop.

So when you're proven wrong, will you come back into this thread and admit it?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:27 PM   #238
spederd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Sedan_Clan Man did you design this ugly front grill?

Do you really like it?

Because I cannot really see any other reason why you keep promoting it and adding every person that does not like it to your list.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #239
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sedan_Clan Man did you design this ugly front grill?

Do you really like it?

Because I cannot really see any other reason why you keep promoting it and adding every person that does not like it to your list.
For somebody who claims to be a long time lurker, you sure don't pay attention to the largest elephant in the room. BMW's oversized kidney grill design change for the new 4/M3/M4 has been the hottest topic for MONTHS.

You didn't answer my question. When BMW unveils the large grill 4 Series tonight, are you going to come back into this thread and admit you were wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #240
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:

So, please stop.

In one thing I agree, I don't like it neither!

But on the other hand, why would BMW hide something „not real" behind the camo on the test mules? Sureley not to make people upset and unneccesarley spread bad words around, only to be able to say later — haha, we trolled you all!

The testmules revealed enough to clearly see that the new grille will be looking close to the renders. There are a lot of guys here that have good connections with BMW and confirmed that it will look similar to this, a lot of old renders of the F models at a similar development stage that turned out to be 95% accurate in the end.

So I don't get why some still beleive the front will look completely different than on the renders...only because the don't like it or think it is ugly...

Change is coming, and not everybody is going to like it, as always
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #241
spederd
Rep

Quote:
For somebody who claims to be a long time lurker, you sure don't pay attention to the largest elephant in the room. BMW's oversized kidney grill design change for the new 4/M3/M4 has been the hottest topic for MONTHS.

You didn't answer my question. When BMW unveils the large grill 4 Series tonight, are you going to come back into this thread and admit you were wrong?
I did pay attention believe me, I saw those previous renders too.

I will be glad to admit it that I was wrong, I hope I wont have to.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      09-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #242
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:

So, please stop.

So when you're proven wrong, will you come back into this thread and admit it?
People are entitled not to like something and to be in complete disbelief accordingly.

If these grills turn out as posted, take that master list of yours and light a Cigar...

Until then maybe consider dialing it down a couple notches.