BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

12-23-2021, 12:26 PM   #23
sleepy floyd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1974 Ford Bronco, 2022 M4

Great video, thanks for posting. Looks as though you did a great job, especially for the first time out. I'm in a similar position, living in the bay area, just waiting on my xdrive M4 and wanting to get on the track for the first time. I've been to Laguna Seca many times but never in the driver's seat --- I can only hope I drive as well as you my first time out.

Sonoma Raceway (Sears Point) was offering $500/racing classes with your own car (which would be fine for me)...but checking their website it looks as though they've put them on hold :-( I've heard good things about the Garmin Catalyst as a track training tool that has a catolog of tracks along with feedback specific to your driving: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/690726

Looks as though it was a blast!
Appreciate 1
m.dreamin1608.00
      12-23-2021, 02:58 PM   #24
m.dreamin
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy floyd View Post
Great video, thanks for posting. Looks as though you did a great job, especially for the first time out. I'm in a similar position, living in the bay area, just waiting on my xdrive M4 and wanting to get on the track for the first time. I've been to Laguna Seca many times but never in the driver's seat --- I can only hope I drive as well as you my first time out.

Sonoma Raceway (Sears Point) was offering $500/racing classes with your own car (which would be fine for me)...but checking their website it looks as though they've put them on hold :-( I've heard good things about the Garmin Catalyst as a track training tool that has a catolog of tracks along with feedback specific to your driving: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/690726

Looks as though it was a blast!
Thank you! Laguna really was a special treat. Such an icon as raceways go. That's great to know about that Garmin product. Will have to check that out. As others have pointed out, I do think I could have pushed it harder, but it's so tough given it's my daily car and I don't want to end up off the track.
Appreciate 0