BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #1
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Post Canadian 2021 BMW M3 and M4 Pricing Guides

Here are the pricing guides from BMW Canada.

There's nothing in the system yet so dealers can't order nor know anything about finance/lease economics, but they are taking deposits. I was told I could place an order for January production and March delivery.

MY21 M3 - Retail v2.pdf
MY21 M4 - Retail v1.pdf

Last edited by DecemberStorm; 09-29-2020 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 2
mkoesel7505.50
      09-29-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Thank you for posting this. I think this is the first non-HEA order guide I’ve seen.

It’s interesting that track tires are no charge while black wheels are $500.

I also see two badge delete options which leads me to wonder what the difference is.

Finally, I notice that a few matte exterior color choices are listed under the options section instead of at the top with the other paint options. Probably just a glitch. Oh, and Portimao Blue becomes non-metallic when Frozen? Not sure how that works.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 09:11 AM   #3
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thank you for posting this. I think this is the first non-HEA order guide I’ve seen.

I also see two badge delete options which leads me to wonder what the difference is.

Finally, I notice that a few matte exterior color choices are listed under the options section instead of at the top with the other paint options. Probably just a glitch. Oh, and Portimao Blue becomes non-metallic when Frozen? Not sure how that works.
yea the formatting is all over the place... but the website configurator shows the actual color choices more clearly, and yes the matte partimao blue is still metallic per the configurator

and the exteior line delete thing is such bad wording.. it seems to be removing the gloss black parts (exhaust, spoiler, mirrors), not a debadge
      09-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #4
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

A few observations after playing around with the configurator and cross checking the Pricing Guides.
  • price delta between the sedan and the coupe is minimal this time around at 800 cad and narrows a more as the premium package on G80 costs a tad more than G82 due to heated rear seats
  • launch color sao paolo yellow is a free option along with traditional alpine white
  • "track tires" are a no-charge option, presumably cup 2s?
  • can't option driver assist package on non-comp car as expected due to manual transmission
  • Gloss black exterior details (spoiler, exhaust, window trim) standard on both base and comp models in Canada, along with a no-charge option to delete them
  • the chunky "ultimate package" is only way to get gesture control and display key at the moment, no a la carte options
  • carbon fiber trim price +500 cad in comp model as that rolls in the carbon bits on steering wheel and paddle shifters
  • the "M carbon package" gives a nice 20% bundle discount to separating selecting carbon inlays + exterior carbon + carbon bucket seats
      09-29-2020, 11:26 PM   #5
Mousejunior
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 SMB 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
  • the chunky "ultimate package" is only way to get gesture control and display key at the moment, no a la carte options
I notice this too. So sad. Why BMW?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejunior View Post
I notice this too. So sad. Why BMW?
Might be an oversight in current "v1" version of order guides as nobody can custom order in the system yet. Though these might be low take options to begin with if they are trying to simplify production for first model year.
      10-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
and the exteior line delete thing is such bad wording.. it seems to be removing the gloss black parts (exhaust, spoiler, mirrors), not a debadge
In the US this option (3DE) is labeled “Extended Shadowline Trim Deletion” so you are correct. This will make the Competition model's spoiler and mirror caps body colored and its exhaust tips silver (which also happens to be the default for the base model in the US, but not in Canada).

It's still not clear to me why the base model has a different option code for this (ZDT) since both are doing the same thing - deleting 7M9 Extended Shadowline Trim.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 11:53 AM   #8
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I can only assume that this is a mistake, where someone at BMW Canada mis-aligned two line items. In other configurators I checked where the track tires are offered, there is no price difference between the two 826M colour options and there is a surcharge for the PSC2, understandably since the PSC2 are retailed at a higher price than the PS4S). BTW, the BMW.CA online configurator is setup the same way. Someone at BMW Canada might fired for that .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #9
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I can only assume that this is a mistake, where someone at BMW Canada mis-aligned two line items. In other configurators I checked where the track tires are offered, there is no price difference between the two 826M colour options and there is a surcharge for the PSC2, understandably since the PSC2 are retailed at a higher price than the PS4S). BTW, the BMW.CA online configurator is setup the same way. Someone at BMW Canada might fired for that .
You know, I noticed the same thing this morning and wondered about it. I agree that makes much more sense.

Hopefully no one actually gets fired. Will they even honor the erroneous pricing? Very curious on that. I guess if the same number of people who get overcharged for the black wheel get undercharged for the PSC2, it all works out?
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321104.50
      10-05-2020, 12:25 PM   #10
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Interestingly, the ultimate package is listed at $23,500 on the online configurator instead of $19,500, but also include the $2,000 Advanced Driver's Assistant package. That's a big difference
Attached Images

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0