Boogie2121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

[QUOTE=Valvetronic Designs;30286094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxF80 View Post
Update from my end. My order arrived 2 weeks ago and got scheduled last week for install. Once my shop unboxed the exhaust one of the pieces looked a bit "wonky" and they asked for a replacement. Not sure what the ETA is with my situation but just make sure to inspect your order. Not saying that most won't already, but just a heads up.

Hey there,
Did they elaborate what “wonky” means? please DM us the shops information. we will reachout and confirm that you are all set for install.
Nothing wonky on my end so far on install. Will post clips early each week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 06:07 PM   #134
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

[QUOTE=Boogie2121;30287625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvetronic Designs View Post

Nothing wonky on my end so far on install. Will post clips early each week.
Is there a reason you're using the factory hanger mounts on the rear axle support?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 06:09 PM   #135
Boogie2121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac3331 View Post
Is there a reason you're using the factory hanger mounts on the rear axle support?
A&L (IND shop for body) did the install. I can ask.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 08:16 PM   #136
PMW0801
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

[QUOTE=tac3331;30287634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie2121 View Post

I think that’s where you’re supposed to mount it. Maybe Valvetronic can confirm this.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 09:38 PM   #137
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=PMW0801;30287965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac3331 View Post

I think that’s where you’re supposed to mount it. Maybe Valvetronic can confirm this.
Yes but they supply black rubber hangers with multiple holes for altering alignment height.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 09:00 AM   #138
jjl5508
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

Hey guys, I’ve had my set for about 2 weeks now and thought I’d post a review about it. Overall, I think that it’s an absolute beauty of an exhaust. The flexibility that the valve controller gives this exhaust is actually pretty amazing. With the valves closed, I think that it’s actually quieter than stock. With the valves open, it opens up to be a joy to listen to aside from destroying ear drums 😅 There’s a bit of drone at lower speeds but it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. If you drive listening to music/audiobooks, it doesn’t impede your drive and ability to enjoy the car. The burbles become a whole lot more noticeable and sound pretty good. Not much to comment there. While this is an amazing exhaust, I think it’s slightly quiet when you’re not doing WoT or the initial cold start. I think that this exhaust is the best sounding if not one of the best on the market. Feel free to ask questions or other videos y’all would like to hear. Not the best quality but I tried to record some videos on how it sounds

https://youtube.com/shorts/nLmxEN04oYg?feature=share

https://youtu.be/30NQHEJSDf8
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 12:08 PM   #139
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3M Comp

Garage List
Just got notification from X-PH that mine was shipped

2024 F97 ///X3M COMP [AW/SO]
Active Autowerke EL Mid Pipe + Axle-back | H&R Sport Springs
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2023, 12:16 PM   #140
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Anyone got their titanium system and have any comments on the fitment and quality ?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 01:26 PM   #141
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
Anyone got their titanium system and have any comments on the fitment and quality ?

Waiting on oem downpipe gaskets to arrive, should have together by Friday and let you know if no one else chimes in. In hand, no noticeable gripes.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 10:02 PM   #142
L33t
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
I have the full Ti exhaust, I had some issues with the fitment. 1. Midpipe was scraping with the exhaust brace 2. Pipes right before the muffler were hanging too low.
When getting this installed just be mindful of these issues. Otherwise it's a good exhaust!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 11:35 PM   #143
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
I have the full Ti exhaust, I had some issues with the fitment. 1. Midpipe was scraping with the exhaust brace 2. Pipes right before the muffler were hanging too low.
When getting this installed just be mindful of these issues. Otherwise it's a good exhaust!
Do you have their drop down chassis brace? It's shipping with all new systems. "Equal length" currently on their website is the updated version.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 09:41 PM   #144
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
holy sweet mother of maybelline

https://youtube.com/shorts/5u_7H2yRH6Q?feature=share

Appreciate 2
      07-20-2023, 06:04 PM   #145
Mattchambers115
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Competition Xdrive

Considering either a full Valvetronic equal-length system or Remus race. I'm EU so would be deleting opf's, secondary cats and res. It's really difficult to decide based on videos.

I like the sound of the Valvetronic but in some videos it sounds quite tame and not very loud. Can someone describe how much louder than stock it is? And is a valve controller necessary to get the best out of it?

The Remus race sounds more aggressive but I'm not sure if that will be too loud?!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2023, 12:27 PM   #146
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchambers115 View Post
Considering either a full Valvetronic equal-length system or Remus race. I'm EU so would be deleting opf's, secondary cats and res. It's really difficult to decide based on videos.

I like the sound of the Valvetronic but in some videos it sounds quite tame and not very loud. Can someone describe how much louder than stock it is? And is a valve controller necessary to get the best out of it?

The Remus race sounds more aggressive but I'm not sure if that will be too loud?!
Primary complain about Remus race is the drone. Not sure on the differences in the diapers, but VT is definitely quite loud. I think you'd be happy with both. There's no way I'd ever get a Remus because they're charging an arm and leg for tips.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2023, 10:42 PM   #147
phxF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

Just picked up mine from install. Holy sweet Jesus… I have catless DPs and cold start is serious. If it wasn’t for the valve controller I would regret it. However, valves open and this bitch wakes up like it took a hit of crack. Install was a little bit of a pain probs due to my DPs, but worth it. Also the carbon tips look money.

Would recommend to a friend.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 01:14 PM   #148
Valvetronic Designs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxF80 View Post
Just picked up mine from install. Holy sweet Jesus… I have catless DPs and cold start is serious. If it wasn’t for the valve controller I would regret it. However, valves open and this bitch wakes up like it took a hit of crack. Install was a little bit of a pain probs due to my DPs, but worth it. Also the carbon tips look money.

Would recommend to a friend.
So happy you are enjoying! Send some sound clips our way!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 06:20 PM   #149
Han4mi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

I'm also thinking about purchasing either the full system or midpipe only.

I'm based in the EU, what is the difference between the US and EU versions? Will the US version fit if I delete the cats and opf filters? Is a ECU unlock necessary or just OPF delete cables so no CEL are displayed?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 10:12 PM   #150
Valvetronic Designs
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han4mi View Post
I'm also thinking about purchasing either the full system or midpipe only.

I'm based in the EU, what is the difference between the US and EU versions? Will the US version fit if I delete the cats and opf filters? Is a ECU unlock necessary or just OPF delete cables so no CEL are displayed?

Thanks
A bunch of very good questions here. Let’s tackle each one step by step:

Currently, the system is not designed for the EU market, as it does not have a OPF bungs. we are working with a partner in the UK to assist in the EU market so stay tuned for an OPF compatible system soon.

if you delete the cats and have OP, after leads, you will still need to have the OPF sensors in the exhaust in order for them to not have a check engine light. This is what I schaefchen did with our full exhaust.

https://youtu.be/w97b5q3NJzs

No ECU reprogramming is needed, you will just need the deletes + the sensor bungs to put into the new exhaust

hopefully this helps!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 02:42 AM   #151
Han4mi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvetronic Designs View Post
A bunch of very good questions here. Let’s tackle each one step by step:

Currently, the system is not designed for the EU market, as it does not have a OPF bungs. we are working with a partner in the UK to assist in the EU market so stay tuned for an OPF compatible system soon.

if you delete the cats and have OP, after leads, you will still need to have the OPF sensors in the exhaust in order for them to not have a check engine light. This is what I schaefchen did with our full exhaust.

https://youtu.be/w97b5q3NJzs

No ECU reprogramming is needed, you will just need the deletes + the sensor bungs to put into the new exhaust

hopefully this helps!
Thanks for the quick reply.

If I understand correctly, getting the US version will require one of the options below:

1. A ECU tune to work without CEL
2. Getting an exhaust shop to add bungs to the exhaust so the sensors can be installed ( no ECU tune required?)

One more thing that came to my mind - how is the fitment for these if I were to install the US version on a EU car? I've seen that some users had problems in the past, has this been revised?

Waiting for a compatible EU version would allow me to install the exhaust with just OPF delete cables (no ECU tune required) as it has the bungs installed?

Thanks

Last edited by Han4mi; 08-06-2023 at 04:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 04:35 PM   #152
Valvetronic Designs
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han4mi View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

If I understand correctly, getting the US version will require one of the options below:

1. A ECU tune to work without CEL
2. Getting an exhaust shop to add bungs to the exhaust so the sensors can be installed ( no ECU tune required?)

One more thing that came to my mind - how is the fitment for these if I were to install the US version on a EU car? I've seen that some users had problems in the past, has this been revised?

Waiting for a compatible EU version would allow me to install the exhaust with just OPF delete cables (no ECU tune required) as it has the bungs installed?

Thanks
That is correct,
Fitment has been corrected and is now rock solid.

Yes that is correct if you were to wait
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 06:57 PM   #153
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

What if you had something like Awron flap control module which also deletes the CEL…

Would that mean we could run your midpipes with just the delete cables and no bungs…?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 11:48 AM   #154
Valvetronic Designs
United_States
Rep

For anyone looking to get their setup, we are running a group buy!

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2039280
Appreciate 0