05-05-2023, 07:14 PM   #111
LeRoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypgst View Post
Sharing some quick videos I made today to show cold start and revs. Unsure if I'll be installing my non catted downpipes at this point. Likely will because I like controlled chaos, but this is sounding good. Need to figure out a place to do some drive by videos.

Stainless Valvetronic Equal Length Cat Back / Stock Downpipes / Dahler valve controller default to Open

Cold Start
https://youtu.be/0iaZBTxSwBA

Sport+ Revs
https://youtu.be/MdiRsJ5KVVc
Sounds good man

Like you, will install first and see how it sounds without changing downpipes.

Ordered titanium, still waiting!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 10:56 AM   #112
VioletBlue_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
I've not driven much lately, but this morning I took the car out on the highway for some spirited driving. TLDR, I'm loving the sounds this exhaust enables and I am overall impressed and satisfied.

Trying to describe the sound in my own words, I'd say the single mid allows for a deeper tone at startup and in lower revs. Higher revs, this thing shines by providing a nearly exotic higher rev sound but without the rasp I've experienced with other systems. Coupled with the XHP transmission tune, the snaps and pops on upshift and downshift puts a smile on my face every time. It is clean to the point, I'm eager to install the catless downpipes sitting in my garage.

I'm checking on potential videos, as a friend might have recorded some spirited highway driving on the way to Caffeine and Octane this morning. I'll share as I'm able. Either way, I'm looking forward to sharing more sound samples out of the driveway soon. When I do, I'll be putting up a full review of the exhaust. From fit, finish, and the vastly improved sound, I'm completely satisfied to say the least. If you are considering either a mid pipe or the full cat back system, this equal length solution from Valvetronic is the real deal.
      06-17-2023, 07:04 PM   #113
JY01
JY01
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletBlue_M3 View Post
I noticed in your revving video there’s a slight whistling/high pitched noise present in the first 4 revs. Is that just a mic issue? Or can you hear that in real life as well?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:47 AM   #114
i_love_cars
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6mt

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JY01 View Post
I noticed in your revving video there’s a slight whistling/high pitched noise present in the first 4 revs. Is that just a mic issue? Or can you hear that in real life as well?
It's because of the clamping design of the exhaust system. This kit does not use v-band clamps and is very modular (more modular means more spots where you can have a leak) - I just installed this very kit on my new G80 last weekend and have whistling noises on decel when releasing backpressure. It happens doing neutral revs too - it's classic symptoms of a leak in one of the connections. It's not as bad with valves closed. I installed the kit on my lift in my garage so I had pretty easy access to secure everything tightly. I've put the car back in the air a couple times now after heat cycling the exhaust and gone to re-tighten and make sure stuff is still solid. Whistling persists.

I have been in contact with Valvetronic and they are quite responsive which is great, but I don't think they will be able to solve this issue. I have to send them some video still but if they can't come up with any ideas on how to fix the whistle, I'll be voiding my warranty and just welding things together because I love the exhaust and the tone so it's worth it to me.

It's an inherent flaw in the design of the clamps and is not unique to Valvetronic - it just is what it is and not all kits will end up with a good seal. Sometimes these types of clamps will seal up on their own over time through carbon deposit buildup. I love the sound of the exhaust and it's a really nice product but I have a feeling that eventually I'm going to have my fabricator buddies weld everything together like the stock system is, or I'm going to just have them modify it to use v-bands.

I highly recommend this system overall - fitment is very good, sound is excellent, and with the valves closed it is totally as advertised (quieter than stock). My G80 is my daily driver so having such a quiet exhaust with valves closed is a really nice option. As soon as you open the valves though it really comes alive. You just need to be prepared for some hiccups like the whistling which may or may not go away or require modification.
Appreciate 3
JY01692.50
kgelfen3602217.00
      06-30-2023, 03:06 PM   #115
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_cars View Post
It's because of the clamping design of the exhaust system. This kit does not use v-band clamps and is very modular (more modular means more spots where you can have a leak) - I just installed this very kit on my new G80 last weekend and have whistling noises on decel when releasing backpressure. It happens doing neutral revs too - it's classic symptoms of a leak in one of the connections.

how noticeable is the whistling from inside the cabin with windows up/down and during cruising/wot?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 06:02 PM   #116
njoyRice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Had the same whistling issue on deccel. It looked like there was a hole in the weld where the squiggly pipe meets the main exhaust. To me it was very apparent and the exhaust did not sound right.

Returned it since I didn't want to deal with taking it off & on multiple times and voiding the warranty. To Valvetronic's credit, they were very responsive and took care off me.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2023, 02:40 AM   #117
maki7
Registered
Rep
Drives: g80

Hey guys from valvetronic..
do u have a exhaust for EU restrictions so that the OPFs are still there? I mean i saw it on your homepage but i have absouletly no idea which one is the right for the EU Markets with OPFs in.
Kind regards
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 10:42 AM   #118
Valvetronic Designs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maki7 View Post
Hey guys from valvetronic..
do u have a exhaust for EU restrictions so that the OPFs are still there? I mean i saw it on your homepage but i have absouletly no idea which one is the right for the EU Markets with OPFs in.
Kind regards
Hey Maki,
The OPF program works is as follows. We have a relationship with the folks over at R44 Performance and they are the ones who supplying the OPF configuration to the EU market. You’re welcome to order the exhaust system from them and it will be the European design! Systems are sent from our facility in Pennsylvania to their fabrication team in the UK to have the OPF bungs installed. In the future, we will be supplying the systems directly as the demand for euro spec exhausts increases 🤘
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 10:44 AM   #119
maki7
Registered
Rep
Drives: g80

Hey thanks for your answer. Do u have by chance a soundclip from the eu version? And is the eu version also available in titanium?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 03:18 PM   #120
RichJ1s
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_cars View Post
It's because of the clamping design of the exhaust system. This kit does not use v-band clamps and is very modular (more modular means more spots where you can have a leak) - I just installed this very kit on my new G80 last weekend and have whistling noises on decel when releasing backpressure. It happens doing neutral revs too - it's classic symptoms of a leak in one of the connections. It's not as bad with valves closed. I installed the kit on my lift in my garage so I had pretty easy access to secure everything tightly. I've put the car back in the air a couple times now after heat cycling the exhaust and gone to re-tighten and make sure stuff is still solid. Whistling persists.

I have been in contact with Valvetronic and they are quite responsive which is great, but I don't think they will be able to solve this issue. I have to send them some video still but if they can't come up with any ideas on how to fix the whistle, I'll be voiding my warranty and just welding things together because I love the exhaust and the tone so it's worth it to me.

It's an inherent flaw in the design of the clamps and is not unique to Valvetronic - it just is what it is and not all kits will end up with a good seal. Sometimes these types of clamps will seal up on their own over time through carbon deposit buildup. I love the sound of the exhaust and it's a really nice product but I have a feeling that eventually I'm going to have my fabricator buddies weld everything together like the stock system is, or I'm going to just have them modify it to use v-bands.

I highly recommend [...]
Could you put some grease or something in the joints to attract carbon buildup and seal it some as the carbon is building up? Or something like high heat locktite or j.b. weld to seal it?
Like as you’re installing the exhaust…
Just spitballing, but seems like something like this could work.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 02:30 PM   #121
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

Updated eta of 3 weeks from today for pre ordered equal length titanium..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 11:54 AM   #122
Valvetronic Designs
United_States
Rep

THE FULL SAUCE ��

Take a listen to the intensity!

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 03:56 PM   #123
LeRoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac3331 View Post
That’s disappointing. I was told this week by the end of the week. May I ask who told you that?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 04:44 PM   #124
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
That’s disappointing. I was told this week by the end of the week. May I ask who told you that?
Xph asked valvetronic and I asked austin directly to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 05:29 PM   #125
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Xph asked valvetronic and I asked austin directly to confirm.
Well, that's a RIP. I was told by Valvetronic they'd be done end of June and shipping early July. If it's another three weeks of delay I might have to cancel and go with Active's or Remus' axle back.

2024 F97 ///X3M COMP [AW/SO]
Active Autowerke EL Mid Pipe + Axle-back | H&R Sport Springs
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 06:01 PM   #126
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just got confirmation directly from Valvetronic over DMs here that my order is shipping next Thursday. It's possible you're a little further down the list since you ordered later.

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 06:09 PM   #127
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakratis View Post
Just got confirmation directly from Valvetronic over DMs here that my order is shipping next Thursday. It's possible you're a little further down the list since you ordered later.

My pre-order date was Feb 28th. Yours is the titanium?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 07:01 PM   #128
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My pre-order date was Feb 28th. Yours is the titanium?
I ordered Mar 20, but just the axle-back, not the midpipe. Titanium axle-back.

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 09:04 PM   #129
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakratis View Post
I ordered Mar 20, but just the axle-back, not the midpipe. Titanium axle-back.
Apparently mine is shipping next week now as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 09:09 AM   #130
LeRoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Apparently mine is shipping next week now as well.
Same here.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 10:06 AM   #131
phxF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

Update from my end. My order arrived 2 weeks ago and got scheduled last week for install. Once my shop unboxed the exhaust one of the pieces looked a bit "wonky" and they asked for a replacement. Not sure what the ETA is with my situation but just make sure to inspect your order. Not saying that most won't already, but just a heads up.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 10:08 AM   #132
Valvetronic Designs
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=phxF80;30286088]Update from my end. My order arrived 2 weeks ago and got scheduled last week for install. Once my shop unboxed the exhaust one of the pieces looked a bit "wonky" and they asked for a replacement. Not sure what the ETA is with my situation but just make sure to inspect your order. Not saying that most won't already, but just a heads up.

Hey there,
Did they elaborate what “wonky” means? please DM us the shops information. we will reachout and confirm that you are all set for install.
Appreciate 0