NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BSM M4 CSL

NoynuR's Brooklyn Grey M3 Build

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
A little overdue but making this thread because I just had professional pictures done and wanted to document my build progress.

Forgive me for the long post!

This is my 4th M3 and my 3rd consecutive BMW I have had in the last 9 years. It all started out when I totaled my 2013 ZL1 Back in 2013. They were hard to find at the time so I decided to take my check that my insurance had given me and put it towards a different car. I found a 2008 6spd Jet Black M3 at CarMax and went over to test drive and and ended up purchasing it there on the spot. I enjoyed that car for a little over 2 years. I then foolishly sold it for 2015 WRX because I was working for Subaru at the time and wanted to rep the brand I was working for. I had that car less than a year before upgrading to a 16 STI which didn't last very long either because at 11000 miles my engine exploded on the way to the dealership to get a oil change. It had minimum mods, full exhaust, and a Cobb State 2 Map and the dealership didn't want to cover the engine replacement. Frustrated with the whole experience and missing the quality and craftsmanship of the BMW Brand I was on the hunt for another M3.

I ended up finding one in Houston. It was a 2011 Comp Pack Jerez Black with the Light Grey interior with the DCT. I sold the STI to a local Subaru dealer who paid off my loan and drove to Houston in order to pick the new to me M3 up! I realized at that point I had made the right choice once I heard the V8 start up again and sat back in the car for the first time in over 3 years.

Fast forward another 2 years I had moved to Dallas to start a new career but kept in touch with a few people from Austin where I used to live. I had always wanted a F80 but at the time I couldn't afford one and they were just eye candy to me. When I started my job I started making a lot more then I used to and while I was on a work trip in February of 2019 one of the people who I kept in contact with reached out to me that he was selling BMW's now and had a deal for me! They were offering $14,000 off the 2018 M3 they had on the lot, it was the last 2018 M3 they had and they really wanted to get rid of it. Specs were Black Sapphire with Black interior Comp pack and exec. I didn't hesitate to say I'll take it. I Drove down to Austin the following week and finally upgraded to a car I've been dreaming about owning since they were announced and released.

About a year into the lease I was laid off due to COVID-19. I started my own business during that time and things flourished and thankfully I was able to keep it. During my time of owning it I kept seeing teasers and renders of the new M3. I knew I was going to upgrade, but was skeptical because of all the front end drama and whether I would like it or not. I made it a point to get on the local dealers lists because even though I was leasing the F80 I wanted to be one of the first to own the G80. I was reached out to by my sales man in March of 2021 to put a order in but unfortunately at that time I was not in a position to order because I still had a year left on my lease and the trade in prices were not what they are today. A month later the market became crazy and I ended up finding a dealership in Arizona that wanted to buy out my lease and get me out of the F80 so I took the opportunity and sold it to them.

Now I've never ordered a car but I wanted to do it for the first time and spec it exactly how I wanted. I had hoped to do a Euro Delivery but because of Covid it went away. I'm hoping it comes back in the future because I've read tons of threads and journals on it from this forum and it seems like such a once in a life time experience. So I went about looking for a good deal on the new 2021 M3.

Now for the nightmare situation. A few weeks go by and after scouring the internet and forums for brokers and dealers doing deals. I find a broker who knows of a dealer in Houston that will honor 3% off MSRP. I pay his fee and am told it will be a week or 2 before I get a allocation and a build slot. 6 weeks go buy after that conversation and I'm still stuck waiting for a allocation. At that time the 22 is announced with the X Drive and when I call to ask if I will be getting a 22 allocation instead of a 21 now with the same deal my Dealer says of course you will get the 22 now and you are first in line, but no we can not honor the 3% off you were going to get. Furious, I cancel my order because they will not budge and thankfully get refunded from the broker. I call every local dealership within a 250 mile radius and no one has any luck or is offering any sort of discounts.

At this point I have been without a car for 2 months and am growing frustrated. Low and behold about 2 days after calling to cancel, I get a call from a sales man at BMW South Austin saying that had a allocation come in and asked if I wanted it. I immediately put my deposit down and spec'd out the dream build. The allocation and build go through within the week and then the waiting process begins. Below is a timeline and the specs to the car.

Timeline:
- June 12 order received
- July 1 scheduled for production
- July 13 production begins
- July 20 exterior build started
- July 21 in the paint booth
- July 21 assembly
- July 23 Quality Check
- July 26 awaiting carrier assignment
- July 26 dispatched from factory
- August 2 at the port
- August 8 In Transit
- August 23 At The Port
- August 25 In Transit
- August 25 At The Dealership

Specs:
M3 Competition X Drive
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Silverstone Interior
ZPK Parking Assistance Package
ZPX Executive Package
1MB M Drive Professional
1U0 19"/20" M Double-Spoke Black Wheels, Style 826M, w/Performance Non-Run Flat Tires
3M5 M Compound Brakes with Red Calipers
3MF M Shadowline Lights
4MC Carbon Fiber Trim
5AZ Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
48C M Carbon Bucket Seats
71C M Carbon Exterior Package

Parts: (Massive shout out to Ryan with IND-Distribution)
IND Painted Rear Reflectors
IND Painted Front Reflectors
IND Painted Engine Cover
BMW M Performance Carbon Front Lip
BMW M Performance Side Door Sills
BMW M Performance Floor Mats
BMW M Performance Alcantara Knee Pads
Indiv G8X M3 / M4 Carbon Air Vent

After 4 months stuck driving my Girlfriends car and a long agonizing wait of 2 and half months from time of order to delivery the car is here! My car was a lucky week 30 build and skipped all the stop sales everyone was getting plagued by. My dealership did minimum prep to the car because I was getting the car PPF/Ceramic coated.

I have now had the car a little over 4 months and slowly have been adding more and more little touches to it. This is by far one of the best cars I've ever driven and I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

I'll update this thread when I add more parts or pictures in order to keep a journal so forgive me for the long intro, I'm just so happy to finally have something I ordered be mine and I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

Here are the most recent pictures from the shoot along with my old E92 and F80!

Thanks for reading!
Attached Images

Appreciate 16
Gfit2695.00
chicagofan0018923.00
kayt69569.50
m.dreamin1605.50
rgrovr416.50
luckylingy3205.00
cfm56d7b5853.50
HTTP 4102105.50
yousefnjr6115.00
heavyD^23684.00
RockinPA4848.00
      01-04-2022, 02:53 PM   #2
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Very nice. Thanks for sharing your story and congrats!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
NoynuR373.00
      01-04-2022, 03:00 PM   #3
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Love the engine cover
Appreciate 1
NoynuR373.00
      01-07-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Great photos!
      01-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #5
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
Great photos!
Thanks! Can't wait to order more parts and take more !
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2022, 01:32 PM   #6
theroadrunner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp

Congrats! Great build and photos
Appreciate 1
NoynuR373.00
      01-09-2022, 12:20 PM   #7
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

The car is predictably fantastic. Love the color. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 1
NoynuR373.00
      01-09-2022, 12:44 PM   #8
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Very nice. Thanks for sharing your story and congrats!
Yours definitely gave me some inspiration
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      01-09-2022, 08:59 PM   #9
Brpnw17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' G80 XDrive DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoynuR View Post
A little overdue but making this thread because I just had professional pictures done and wanted to document my build progress.

This is my 4th M3 and my 3rd consecutive BMW I have had in the last 9 years. It all started out when I totaled my 2013 ZL1 Back in 2013. They were hard to find at the time so I decided to take my check that my insurance had given me and put it towards a different car. I found a 2008 6spd Jet Black M3 at CarMax and went over to test drive and and ended up purchasing it there on the spot. I enjoyed that car for a little over 2 years. I then foolishly sold it for 2015 WRX because I was working for Subaru at the time and wanted to rep the brand I was working for. I had that car less than a year before upgrading to a 16 STI which didn't last very long either because at 11000 miles my engine exploded on the way to the dealership to get a oil change. It had minimum mods, full exhaust, and a Cobb State 2 Map and the dealership didn't want to cover the engine replacement. Frustrated with the whole experience and missing the quality and craftsmanship of the BMW Brand I was on the hunt for another M3.

I ended up finding one in Houston. It was a 2011 Comp Pack Jerez Black with the Light Grey interior with the DCT. I sold the STI to a local Subaru dealer who paid off my loan and drove to Houston in order to pick the new to me M3 up! I realized at that point I had made the right choice once I heard the V8 start up again and sat back in the car for the first time in over 3 years.

Fast forward another 2 years I had moved to Dallas to start a new career but kept in touch with a few people from Austin where I used to live. I had always wanted a F80 but at the time I couldn't afford one and they were just eye candy to me. When I started my job I started making a lot more then I used to and while I was on a work trip in February of 2019 one of the people who I kept in contact with reached out to me that he was selling BMW's now and had a deal for me! They were offering $14,000 off the 2018 M3 they had on the lot, it was the last 2018 M3 they had and they really wanted to get rid of it. Specs were Black Sapphire with Black interior Comp pack and exec. I didn't hesitate to say I'll take it. I Drove down to Austin the following week and finally upgraded to a car I've been dreaming about owning since they were announced and released.

About a year into the lease I was laid off due to COVID-19. I started my own business during that time and things flourished and thankfully I was able to keep it. During my time of owning it I kept seeing teasers and renders of the new M3. I knew I was going to upgrade, but was skeptical because of all the front end drama and whether I would like it or not. I made it a point to get on the local dealers lists because even though I was leasing the F80 I wanted to be one of the first to own the G80. I was reached out to by my sales man in March of 2021 to put a order in but unfortunately at that time I was not in a position to order because I still had a year left on my lease and the trade in prices were not what they are today. A month later the market became crazy and I ended up finding a dealership in Arizona that wanted to buy out my lease and get me out of the F80 so I took the opportunity and sold it to them.

Now I've never ordered a car but I wanted to do it for the first time and spec it exactly how I wanted. I had hoped to do a Euro Delivery but because of Covid it went away. I'm hoping it comes back in the future because I've read tons of threads and journals on it from this forum and it seems like such a once in a life time experience. So I went about looking for a good deal on the new 2021 M3.

Now for the nightmare situation. A few weeks go by and after scouring the internet and forums for brokers and dealers doing deals. I find a broker who knows of a dealer in Houston that will honor 3% off MSRP. I pay his fee and am told it will be a week or 2 before I get a allocation and a build slot. 6 weeks go buy after that conversation and I'm still stuck waiting for a allocation. At that time the 22 is announced with the X Drive and when I call to ask if I will be getting a 22 allocation instead of a 21 now with the same deal my Dealer says of course you will get the 22 now and you are first in line, but no we can not honor the 3% off you were going to get. Furious, I cancel my order because they will not budge and thankfully get refunded from the broker. I call every local dealership within a 250 mile radius and no one has any luck or is offering any sort of discounts.

At this point I have been without a car for 2 months and am growing frustrated. Low and behold about 2 days after calling to cancel, I get a call from a sales man at BMW South Austin saying that had a allocation come in and asked if I wanted it. I immediately put my deposit down and spec'd out the dream build. The allocation and build go through within the week and then the waiting process begins. Below is a timeline and the specs to the car.

Timeline:
- June 12 order received
- July 21 assembly
- July 23 Quality Check
- August 2 at the port
- August 8 In Transit
- August 23 At The Port
- August 25 In Transit

Specs:
M3 Competition X Drive
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Silverstone Interior
ZPX Executive Package
1MB M Drive Professional
1U0 19"/20" M Double-Spoke Black Wheels, Style 826M, w/Performance Non-Run Flat Tires
3MF M Shadowline Lights
4MC Carbon Fiber Trim

IND Painted Engine Cover

After 4 months stuck driving my Girlfriends car and a long agonizing wait of 2 and half months from time of order to delivery the car is here! My car was a lucky week 30 build and skipped all the stop sales everyone was getting plagued by. My dealership did minimum prep to the car because I was getting the car PPF/Ceramic coated.

I have now had the car a little over 4 months and slowly have been adding more and more little touches to it. This is by far one of the best cars I've ever driven and I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

I'll update this thread when I add more parts or pictures in order to keep a journal so forgive me for the long intro, I'm just so happy to finally have something I ordered be mine and I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks for reading!
So did you get that 3% of though??
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 09:20 PM   #10
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brpnw17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoynuR View Post

Timeline:
- June 12 order received
- July 21 assembly
- July 23 Quality Check
- August 2 at the port
- August 8 In Transit
- August 23 At The Port
- August 25 In Transit

Specs:
M3 Competition X Drive
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Silverstone Interior
ZPX Executive Package
1MB M Drive Professional
3MF M Shadowline Lights
4MC Carbon Fiber Trim

IND Painted Engine Cover

Thanks for reading!
So did you get that 3% of though??
No sadly I just got MSRP
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 01:28 PM   #11
Vishal50028
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competion RWD

I'm going to sign a change order from aw to bg today.
Appreciate 2
NoynuR373.00
262Hou49.00
      01-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #12
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna dawson View Post
did you take those first 2 shots ??