BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2021, 11:23 AM   #45
solstice
Major General
4569
Rep
6,450
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Nope.


I’m too old to swing that style
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #46
2011ninja
Captain
633
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: 2016M3
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
i wonder if there is some hardware difference between the non-comp and comp motor or if they bin the motor somehow or if it's just tuning.
I would bet mostly tuning.
Added cooling on the competition.
Makes more hp and torque and it's heavier.

Will be curious to see/feel driving dynamics awd vs rwd.

Lamborghini
Porsche

Both reverted one of their models from awd to rwd.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan8576.50

      03-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #47
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
4348
Rep
3,057
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post

I see what some of you are saying about the colors and the striping, but Manhart quite deliberately does it to divert attention away from the front grill, select a color that blanks out all the BMW design clutter, and create strong lines to clean things up visually.
This is complete nonsense and shows that you don't know anything about Manhart.
Hey, it's true that I don't know anything about Manhart. So educate me, what's nonsense? I was commenting about things I can see with my own eyes.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #48
AlexFL
Brigadier General
5638
Rep
3,655
Posts

Drives: BMW X3MC, Audi RS7 (pre-ord.)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Hey, it's true that I don't know anything about Manhart. So educate me, what's nonsense? I was commenting about things I can see with my own eyes.
Because these are Manhart’s standard colors. They do this styling with other brands as well, not just BMWs. Audi, Porsche, and more...
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan8576.50

      03-05-2021, 06:55 PM   #49
iamvanja
First Lieutenant
iamvanja's Avatar
105
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
So far... not the reaction I was expecting. I came for the outrage... there is none, surprising.
Black grill on a black car + the right angle makes even this car to look decent
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 07:18 PM   #50
Drew10
First Lieutenant
Drew10's Avatar
344
Rep
315
Posts

Drives: 2005 M3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvanja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
So far... not the reaction I was expecting. I came for the outrage... there is none, surprising.
Black grill on a black car + the right angle makes even this car to look decent
I numb to the car's schnoz until I see it in person. Its just that Manhart's standard decal/stripes treatment highlight all the wrong things on this car.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:15 PM   #51
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
Bahn360Photo's Avatar
United_States
747
Rep
2,130
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SoFlo

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn360Photo
They managed to make front look better

Or hide the flaws
__________________

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #52
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
4348
Rep
3,057
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Hey, it's true that I don't know anything about Manhart. So educate me, what's nonsense? I was commenting about things I can see with my own eyes.
Because these are Manhart’s standard colors. They do this styling with other brands as well, not just BMWs. Audi, Porsche, and more...
Ah, i gotcha. So the part of my post that you so kindly and tactfully called "complete nonsense" is my assumption that this is a unique livery. Fair enough and I stand corrected on that part.

I still think that the lines on the livery camouflage and help minimize the questionable OEM styling. Lipstick on a pig, as some have already said, but well done to Manhart nonetheless
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 12:38 AM   #53
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
784
Rep
5,833
Posts

Drives: F92 M8
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if this chassis can handle 24% more power on a good shape. That power is under the hood of M8 with 400 lb more mass, about 1" wider track and 1" lower center of gravity beside more precise suspension and brakes!!!
Lets see
__________________
Current : 2020 Black Sapphire M8 - ZF8
Gone : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 - 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 - 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 01:43 AM   #54
speedracerM4
Private
speedracerM4's Avatar
54
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

It looks great, except from the front...and the back...and any angle that you can see the front or the back.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 07:48 AM   #55
AlexFL
Brigadier General
5638
Rep
3,655
Posts

Drives: BMW X3MC, Audi RS7 (pre-ord.)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Not sure if this chassis can handle 24% more power on a good shape. That power is under the hood of M8 with 400 lb more mass, about 1" wider track and 1" lower center of gravity beside more precise suspension and brakes!!!
Lets see
My X3MC makes 720 hp on E50 (dynojet verified), with zero problems after 10k miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 01:17 PM   #56
BlackF82
Second Lieutenant
BlackF82's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 F82
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Hmmmm this looks good...hmmmm 🤔 will I ever get one? 🤔
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #57
Crosuel
New Member
2
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: NA
Join Date: May 2017
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
https://tiresandparts.net/news/manhart-mh3-600-mh4-600/

"Although the new BMW M3 (G80) and M4 (G82) are only just rolling into the showrooms of BMW dealers across the globe, the tuning specialists at MANHART Performance are already giving us a preview on the tuning program currently in development for the new high- performance sedan and coupé.

The names of the variants tuned by MANHART Performance will – as usual – allow conclusions to be drawn about the engine performance of both: The MANHART MH3 600 and MH4 600, based on the factory 510 HP and 650 Nm strong Competition variants, they promise approximately 600 HP. To be more precise, after the installation of the MANHART MHtronik Powerbox, their output should increase to approximately 620 HP and 750 Nm. The standard 30 HP weaker non-Competition M3 and M4 come to approximately 590 HP after installing the MANHART MHtronik.

In terms of exhaust technology, MANHART Performance will be offering both cat-back and OPF-back exhaust systems – each with twin carbon tailpipes. Each will also be available with optional middle silencer replacement pipes.

In addition, MANHART Performance will offer lowering springs made by H&R for the new M3 four-door and the new M4 two-door, as well as the in-house developed Concave One forged wheels in the dimensions 9.0×21 inches, with 265/30R21 tyres on the front and 10.5×21 inches with 305/25R21 tyres on the rear axle. As an option, the rims can have the MANHART-typical gold pinstripe. A decal kit with golden touches will be available for the body work of the MH3 600 and MH400 600.

For the new models, new carbon aerodynamic parts such as a bonnet, front splitter, rear spoiler and diffuser as well as side flaps are also being developed right now.

Phase 1 of the tuning program includes a wide variety of parts and options, which will allow clients to tune and upgrade their beloved new Bimmer. For the second phase MANHART Performance will go a step further, taking both the M3 and M4 to the next level. Stay tuned for the release of this tuning package later in the year."
Are Manhart parts available in USA and who is their dealer? Just curious, Thx
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #58
Boss330
Major General
Boss330's Avatar
No_Country
1503
Rep
5,066
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosuel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
https://tiresandparts.net/news/manhart-mh3-600-mh4-600/

"Although the new BMW M3 (G80) and M4 (G82) are only just rolling into the showrooms of BMW dealers across the globe, the tuning specialists at MANHART Performance are already giving us a preview on the tuning program currently in development for the new high- performance sedan and coupé.

The names of the variants tuned by MANHART Performance will – as usual – allow conclusions to be drawn about the engine performance of both: The MANHART MH3 600 and MH4 600, based on the factory 510 HP and 650 Nm strong Competition variants, they promise approximately 600 HP. To be more precise, after the installation of the MANHART MHtronik Powerbox, their output should increase to approximately 620 HP and 750 Nm. The standard 30 HP weaker non-Competition M3 and M4 come to approximately 590 HP after installing the MANHART MHtronik.

In terms of exhaust technology, MANHART Performance will be offering both cat-back and OPF-back exhaust systems – each with twin carbon tailpipes. Each will also be available with optional middle silencer replacement pipes.

In addition, MANHART Performance will offer lowering springs made by H&R for the new M3 four-door and the new M4 two-door, as well as the in-house developed Concave One forged wheels in the dimensions 9.0×21 inches, with 265/30R21 tyres on the front and 10.5×21 inches with 305/25R21 tyres on the rear axle. As an option, the rims can have the MANHART-typical gold pinstripe. A decal kit with golden touches will be available for the body work of the MH3 600 and MH400 600.

For the new models, new carbon aerodynamic parts such as a bonnet, front splitter, rear spoiler and diffuser as well as side flaps are also being developed right now.

Phase 1 of the tuning program includes a wide variety of parts and options, which will allow clients to tune and upgrade their beloved new Bimmer. For the second phase MANHART Performance will go a step further, taking both the M3 and M4 to the next level. Stay tuned for the release of this tuning package later in the year."
Are Manhart parts available in USA and who is their dealer? Just curious, Thx
Website:

https://www.manhart-performance.de/en

Shop:

https://www.manhart-performance.de/shop/en/
Appreciate 1
Jcali861355.50

      03-12-2021, 06:20 AM   #59
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
784
Rep
5,833
Posts

Drives: F92 M8
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Not sure if this chassis can handle 24% more power on a good shape. That power is under the hood of M8 with 400 lb more mass, about 1" wider track and 1" lower center of gravity beside more precise suspension and brakes!!!
Lets see
My X3MC makes 720 hp on E50 (dynojet verified), with zero problems after 10k miles.
And your X3M weigh about 4500 lb!
This is exactly what I am talking about
__________________
Current : 2020 Black Sapphire M8 - ZF8
Gone : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 - 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 - 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 07:47 AM   #60
Rick955
Captain
Rick955's Avatar
United_States
416
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
not bad not bad
the gold rims tho, not for me
Agreed. Much of it very cool, but all those gold pins stripes and decals and the gold wheels? No thanks. Just need the screaming bird on the hood! Can we get T-tops??

__________________
On Order: 2021 M4 Comp, Portimao/KO
Previous: 2018 M3 ZCP, YMB/Silverstone
2015 M3, SO/Black
Appreciate 2
GOLFFRR8200.00
Dr.Deep667.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST