BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-04-2021, 05:06 PM   #23
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

M3 for me, no question. Still have kids at home and sometimes drive with 4 adults, too. Plus, I don’t really love the side of the M4 behind the door.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 10:57 PM   #24
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
the G82 looks slightly more badass
I think the majority here disagree with that due to the softer lines of the G82. I do and I don't...

For some reason the G82 in black gives me Maser QP gen. 5 vibes. There's something with the rear lines and frontal area that give it that hit man car badassery presence that Clarkson and team so brilliantly noted in that epic TG fast sedan shootout episode

But the butch G80 looks more muscular.
I'm G80 all day; but this is bada$$
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
solstice5456.50
Jcali861479.00
EXE462100.00
heavyD^23688.50
Dr.Deep1827.00
      03-05-2021, 04:44 PM   #25
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I'm posting in a number of threads regarding my opinions since I just spent almost an hour checking out both M3 and M4 at local dealer. I've been very torn over which I would want since I like both and the $1900 premium for M4 stings a little when you're already going to be north of $90k and I do have some limits on what I want to spend. What my heart tells me to spend may be different though.

Unless the wife dramatically disagrees, the M4 is the one for me. It is visually spectacular and more special than M3. In pics I think the side view is awkward with the rear being too long but this is not the case in real life. The proportions are fine and the lower and slanted greenhouse is much more aesthetically pleasing than the domed appearance of the M3. From behind it is also much more sporty and special and I think the hips, while not low slung fender flares, work very very well. The are wide and aggressive. The only downsides I could find are the doors are obviously long and that creates some issues, and the rear head room is terrible. I'm 5'10" and if I put myself in front of me, I'm gonna barely fit in back. The leg room is fine, but that roof is seriously low in the back which will make tall-ish people slouch, pushing knees forward. I almost never have more than one passenger though so should be ok for me.

The M3 looked good as well but it wasn't as unique and aggressive in my opinion. If you regularly have rear passengers or have tight parking spaces it's a no brainer to go M3. Otherwise it's M4 for me.

Appreciate 3
EXE462100.00
heavyD^23688.50
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-05-2021, 06:06 PM   #26
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I'm posting in a number of threads regarding my opinions since I just spent almost an hour checking out both M3 and M4 at local dealer. I've been very torn over which I would want since I like both and the $1900 premium for M4 stings a little when you're already going to be north of $90k and I do have some limits on what I want to spend. What my heart tells me to spend may be different though.

Unless the wife dramatically disagrees, the M4 is the one for me. It is visually spectacular and more special than M3. In pics I think the side view is awkward with the rear being too long but this is not the case in real life. The proportions are fine and the lower and slanted greenhouse is much more aesthetically pleasing than the domed appearance of the M3. From behind it is also much more sporty and special and I think the hips, while not low slung fender flares, work very very well. The are wide and aggressive. The only downsides I could find are the doors are obviously long and that creates some issues, and the rear head room is terrible. I'm 5'10" and if I put myself in front of me, I'm gonna barely fit in back. The leg room is fine, but that roof is seriously low in the back which will make tall-ish people slouch, pushing knees forward. I almost never have more than one passenger though so should be ok for me.

The M3 looked good as well but it wasn't as unique and aggressive in my opinion. If you regularly have rear passengers or have tight parking spaces it's a no brainer to go M3. Otherwise it's M4 for me.

Well said! I also like both, just a coupe guy and as you say, M4 feels visually more unique to me.

And thanks for the pics, can't see enough of the M4 in IOMG and getting more and more excited for mine when I see this
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-05-2021, 06:13 PM   #27
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
And thanks for the pics, can't see enough of the M4 in IOMG and getting more and more excited for mine when I see this
It looked VERY good and I'm not really a green guy.
Appreciate 2
Dr.Deep1827.00
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-05-2021, 06:18 PM   #28
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:

I'm super jealous that your dealer has these that you can go stare at to help decide. I like your thoughts on them
Appreciate 1
Transfer5251.00
      03-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #29
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Unless the wife dramatically disagrees, the M4 is the one for me. It is visually spectacular and more special than M3.]
I saw these today and the AW M4 on the ground floor and I couldn’t agree more. 1000% M4 for me. The M3 is very nice but the M4 is a revolutionary break from the old stale design. It’s almost exotic in its design
Appreciate 2
Dr.Deep1827.00
Transfer5251.00