Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Yeah dont add any more, wait until you have a good sell point and at least take some off the table.

If it goes down below 50 again I may pickup some shares as a long term investment. I like the stock
These words don't mean what you think they mean

They haven't had a profitable quarter since 2017. There is nothing to indicate that they ever will. The valuation implied by $50 (or the current $100+) price is completely detached from reality.

What you really meant to say was "I may pick up some shares because I like gambling".
Appreciate 1
premier3is1628.00
      03-04-2021, 01:20 PM   #6206
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
i bought a few shares in the $200's and $300's so i know his pain
thankfully my average is under $200
i averaged down as much as i could in the past couple of weeks
152 shares ... not sure if I can stomach adding any more to my position
Sunk cost fallacy
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      03-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #6207
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
Quote:
Yeah dont add any more, wait until you have a good sell point and at least take some off the table.

If it goes down below 50 again I may pickup some shares as a long term investment. I like the stock
These words don't mean what you think they mean

They haven't had a profitable quarter since 2017. There is nothing to indicate that they ever will. The valuation implied by $50 (or the current $100+) price is completely detached from reality.

What you really meant to say was "I may pick up some shares because I like gambling".
No, I mean that there is value in the gamestop brand, reputation, and leadership that is not accounted for and can bring the long term value up, hence returning me value on my investment. Also, the negative sentiment on gamestop due to microsoft and other game and console producers selling directly to consumers is overblown and not taken into account by other general investors and shareholders, thus providing an impetus when people general recognize that this is not so bad for gamestop. Also if I were to take it, it would be a small position overall to my portfolio, limiting overall risk. So no, not gambling. When i gamble I buy doge, something with very little intrinsic value other than what people say/think its worth. Again, in small quantities.

Do you only buy blue chip stocks like GE?
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #6208
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
No, I mean that there is value in the gamestop brand, reputation, and leadership that is not accounted for and can bring the long term value up, hence returning me value on my investment. Also, the negative sentiment on gamestop due to microsoft and other game and console producers selling directly to consumers is overblown and not taken into account by other general investors and shareholders, thus providing an impetus when people general recognize that this is not so bad for gamestop. Also if I were to take it, it would be a small position overall to my portfolio, limiting overall risk. So no, not gambling. When i gamble I buy doge, something with very little intrinsic value other than what people say/think its worth. Again, in small quantities.

Beautiful story there with lots of wonderful words, yet I'm not seeing any numbers to justify the aforementioned $50.

I don't buy individual stocks, as I don't enjoy gambling.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:09 PM   #6209
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Beautiful story there with lots of wonderful words, yet I'm not seeing any numbers to justify the aforementioned $50.

I don't buy individual stocks, as I don't enjoy gambling.
So you dont see any number which ever justify buying an individual stock. Yet you own mutual funds or etfs which are nothing more than a collection of individual stocks (possibly managed by other "smart" people). Whatever makes you happy
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #6210
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
So you dont see any number which ever justify buying an individual stock. Yet you own mutual funds or etfs which are nothing more than a collection of individual stocks (possibly managed by other "smart" people). Whatever makes you happy
That's incorrect. I will happily buy any individual stock if you offer me a price that's at a discount to the market. Anything else assumes that you know more than the market does, which I'll go out on a limb and assume that you, in fact, do not.

I do invest in a various indices, because I do not know anything that the market doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:19 PM   #6211
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25-X

I gamble -
Anything you're putting your money into that you have no control over with a profit/loss calculation - it's gambling - I don't care what other labels are placed on it.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2021, 03:28 PM   #6212
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox9 View Post
I gamble -
Anything you're putting your money into that you have no control over with a profit/loss calculation - it's gambling - I don't care what other labels are placed on it.
To be clear, when I say gambling I mean playing a game with a negative expected value.

In case of putting money into any individual stock, the game is "put money into stock A instead of e.g. SPY".
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:40 PM   #6213
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
That's incorrect. I will happily buy any individual stock if you offer me a price that's at a discount to the market. Anything else assumes that you know more than the market does, which I'll go out on a limb and assume that you, in fact, do not.

I do invest in a various indices, because I do not know anything that the market doesn't.
Please define discount to the market. I take that to mean it has a low PE ratio. Lots of companies with high PE ratios go up. Or do you use advanced trading technicals? Either way, you know some numerical indicators of present and maybe future value, but that doesn't guarantee ROI, and it definitely doesn't guarantee a ROI that is better than a certain standard, such as the current bank interest rate, the avg return of the DJI or S&P. Your "safe" way of picking stocks is not a silver bullet, and my "gambling" method of picking stocks and buy points is not a silver anchor. I've learned things that work and things that don't that is how I operate. I never let anyone tell me "you don't know what you are doing". That's what (maybe) wealthy people say to keep other people out of the game.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #6214
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Please define discount to the market. I take that to mean it has a low PE ratio. Lots of companies with high PE ratios go up. Or do you use advanced trading technicals? Either way, you know some numerical indicators of present and maybe future value, but that doesn't guarantee ROI, and it definitely doesn't guarantee a ROI that is better than a certain standard, such as the current bank interest rate, the avg return of the DJI or S&P. Your "safe" way of picking stocks is not a silver bullet, and my "gambling" method of picking stocks and buy points is not a silver anchor. I've learned things that work and things that don't that is how I operate. I never let anyone tell me "you don't know what you are doing". That's what (maybe) wealthy people say to keep other people out of the game.
I meant it in the literal completely trivial sense - whatever the current market price is - if you offer any stock to me for less - I'll buy it on the spot (and then turn around and resell on the market).

It's absolutely your choice and right to ignore expectations and satisfy your heart's desire of gambling. From my point of view it's silly, but I don't have your utility function - plenty people get enjoyment out of gambling. Gamble on.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 09:12 PM   #6215
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Anyone else been investing in Lithium?

I figured the “smart” money has been moving into renewable and out of fossil, so starting looking into supply, transmission, storage etc. for electricity.

Switched a good chunk of my portfolio into lithium stocks about a year ago and it’s been a great run. Today was a bit of a bath, but still up significantly.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 10:20 PM   #6216
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Anyone else been investing in Lithium?

I figured the "smart" money has been moving into renewable and out of fossil, so starting looking into supply, transmission, storage etc. for electricity.

Switched a good chunk of my portfolio into lithium stocks about a year ago and it's been a great run. Today was a bit of a bath, but still up significantly.
I haven't but I need to take a look at commodities. I own silver and a small amt gold, wish I had bought copper bc that has had quite a run lately
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:05 AM   #6217
TheFanatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

For anyone interested in crypto, Cardano (ADA) is in a decent dip right now, now would be the time to buy into it before it goes up again.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #6218
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

GME - the ultimate hedge against market downturn

it's the only thing green in my small portfolio

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #6219
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Coworker showed up in a massive new Ram pickup today. As I walked by it my stones swelled in appreciation, so I bought several stocks at about 11:15. All in all, it was a very good day.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 06:54 PM   #6220
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Coworker showed up in a massive new Ram pickup today. As I walked by it my stones swelled in appreciation, so I bought several stocks at about 11:15. All in all, it was a very good day.
I feel like you are attempting to troll, but it's unfocused and therefore ineffective.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 10:22 PM   #6221
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
I feel like you are attempting to troll, but it's unfocused and therefore ineffective.
Nope. No need for that, but thanks for the thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 10:32 PM   #6222
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgec...ess-of-crowds/

Noneya even though I feel like every article I’ve posted on GME goes in one ear and out the other for you, IF you even bother reading it...
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2021, 10:35 PM   #6223
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Quote:
Nope. No need for that, but thanks for the thoughts.
You're welcome. Also, hope you get that Dodge Ram of your dreams someday
Appreciate 2
2000cs3495.00
vreihen1615140.50
      03-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #6224
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
You're welcome. Also, hope you get that Dodge Ram of your dreams someday
I don’t think most here “get” the humor on WSB or understand what you were doing there.

Given that I was just commenting today on that sock puppet thread and how “cryptic” was being far too generous, though, I got what you were doing. Good effort, but I tend to leave WSB in WSB. It’s like Vegas.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 2
2000cs3495.00
      03-06-2021, 08:11 AM   #6225
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgec...ess-of-crowds/

Noneya even though I feel like every article I’ve posted on GME goes in one ear and out the other for you, IF you even bother reading it...
I read it. So, your hope is that you'll be able to manipulate the market prices and reach a magical $500 number. That hope is going to crash and burn for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that professionals are not idiots, and when it does please send the $20 to Planned Parenthood Federation of America.

I highlighted the above manipulation bit because that's very illegal, so I suggest not saying out loud that's what you're trying to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #6226
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

This thread is worse than WSB. I hope not a single person takes ANY advise on stocks or investing from any of the above posts. My goodness.
Appreciate 1
premier3is1628.00