BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-03-2021, 10:41 PM   #1
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Had a chance to check out the G80 M3 today

I saw one today and it looks amazing. This thing will be sick. Pictures don't do it justice. After checking out the g80, my CS was, meh. People, as usual, are hatting on the new bmw, but in a few months, it will be the new hot thing. Didn't even notice the m8 while I was walking back. I want one bad. Interior was so nice. How it drives, is the only thing remaining to be seen, but I'm guessing it will also be amazing.
Appreciate 9
Dr.Deep1827.00
Zirenz20061534.50
JDUNITNOW3501.00
EXE462100.00
bmr760139.00
s4awd284.50
      03-04-2021, 12:34 AM   #2
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
I saw one today and it looks amazing. This thing will be sick. Pictures don't do it justice. After checking out the g80, my CS was, meh. People, as usual, are hatting on the new bmw, but in a few months, it will be the new hot thing. Didn't even notice the m8 while I was walking back. I want one bad. Interior was so nice. How it drives, is the only thing remaining to be seen, but I'm guessing it will also be amazing.
I checked it out in person today too - looks so much better in person. I ordered one in IOMG on Silverstone before actually seeing it in person - do not regret my choice. Going to be a long 8-10 weeks! If only the stealerships that have them now didn’t want a stupid amount over sticker, could’ve enjoyed it now.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 12:37 AM   #3
drizzybro
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I checked it out in person today too - looks so much better in person. I ordered one in IOMG on Silverstone before actually seeing it in person - do not regret my choice. Going to be a long 8-10 weeks! If only the stealerships that have them now didn’t want a stupid amount over sticker, could’ve enjoyed it now.
100% to all of this. I'm really curious how many people are currently biting with the premiums. I've seen a lot of dealerships charging $20k over MSRP...

When did you put your order in?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 12:45 AM   #4
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzybro View Post
Quote:
100% to all of this. I'm really curious how many people are currently biting with the premiums. I've seen a lot of dealerships charging $20k over MSRP...

$20k over MSRP is insane, although I did see an RS 6 the other day that was $50k over MSRP. $180k for a $130k car. F that
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11479.50
      03-04-2021, 01:07 AM   #5
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzybro View Post

Literally 2 days ago! I had my heart set on a Taycan Turbo but it just isn’t for me right now in my life. As soon as I realised it, I looked around for G80 M3’s and found one in California, but when the dealership said they were looking for $15k over sticker - I literally laughed and hung up. I wasn’t gonna pay ADM on a 991.2 GT3 which led me to a 991.1 GT3, and I sure as hell am not paying it for an M3 when there are plenty of build slots and allocation.

The dealership I saw earlier today has an IOMG on Silverstone extended and the sales guy first said they’re selling it for $8k above sticker. I said I’ll take it for sticker and cancel my order. He said he can’t but can do $5k. I said no, and as I walked to my car he followed me out and said “we can do $4k above sticker”

The most hilarious thing was that he texted me after I left, saying he can beat the price I paid for my G80 by $1000, so he wanted me to cancel my order. Man, I feel bad for sales guys sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 02:09 AM   #6
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Literally 2 days ago! I had my heart set on a Taycan Turbo but it just isn’t for me right now in my life. As soon as I realised it, I looked around for G80 M3’s and found one in California, but when the dealership said they were looking for $15k over sticker - I literally laughed and hung up. I wasn’t gonna pay ADM on a 991.2 GT3 which led me to a 991.1 GT3, and I sure as hell am not paying it for an M3 when there are plenty of build slots and allocation.

The dealership I saw earlier today has an IOMG on Silverstone extended and the sales guy first said they’re selling it for $8k above sticker. I said I’ll take it for sticker and cancel my order. He said he can’t but can do $5k. I said no, and as I walked to my car he followed me out and said “we can do $4k above sticker”

The most hilarious thing was that he texted me after I left, saying he can beat the price I paid for my G80 by $1000, so he wanted me to cancel my order. Man, I feel bad for sales guys sometimes.
Why in the world do the dealers in your country price tag over sticker?
their earn is already calculated in the sticker price wtf.

A dealer, when buying from BMW, never pays the sticker price! shave 20-30% off, this is what they get !
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 02:15 AM   #7
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:

Why in the world do the dealers in your country price tag over sticker?
their earn is already calculated in the sticker price wtf.

A dealer, when buying from BMW, never pays the sticker price! shave 20-30% off, this is what they get !
In the US dealers generally make squat on new cars. Depends on the brand, but often they'll make a couple of grand on a new car, it's really not that significant. Where they make their money is on maintenance, the maintenance departments are a gold mine.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-04-2021, 03:44 AM   #8
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
In the US dealers generally make squat on new cars. Depends on the brand, but often they'll make a couple of grand on a new car, it's really not that significant. Where they make their money is on maintenance, the maintenance departments are a gold mine.
like said I don't know how it is in the US, but in Switzerland you can easy take 30% away from the sticker price and that is what the dealer pays.
I knew someone who worked for BMW and could have gotten the M3 with my config for 96k instead of 140k sticker price.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 07:24 AM   #9
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
like said I don't know how it is in the US, but in Switzerland you can easy take 30% away from the sticker price and that is what the dealer pays.
I knew someone who worked for BMW and could have gotten the M3 with my config for 96k instead of 140k sticker price.
Yeah in the US margin on new cars is significantly lower. So a "good/great deal" on a typical BMW is ~10% off. And if that BMW happens to be a brand new model, you'll be lucky to get even 5% off. And in some cases you won't be able to get any discount at all.

In some rare situations, cars which are new and in high demand are sold above MSRP (i.e. Kia Telluride/Hyundai Palisade/C8 Corvette etc) at an added profit for the dealer.

However when considering cars are significantly cheaper to begin with in the US, it's not too bad. In my home country, Pakistan, my X5 (which cost $82k here in the US) goes for about $250k.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-04-2021, 07:57 AM   #10
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Dealers in Canada make similar small margins but we rarely ever pay over MSRP unless it's a limited availability vehicle. I think the issue in the USA is that there are enough people that are willing to pay above MSRP to be the first to get new models so dealers mark them up accordingly. If they pull that stuff up here people just wait them out or move on to another vehicle. As said above Americans pay the lowest prices for vehicles in the first place to even with ADM they are paying less than any other country.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 08:21 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

UK guys won't bite till £20K pounds are offered as discount.
Next three months should do it.
      03-05-2021, 06:05 PM   #12
pcai
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:

Yea there's no chance I would take one of these over sticker. There's also not a chance I would consider it at sticker either. People got $20-30K off msrp for the previous CS models back then, so you shouldn't be paying sticker for a normal M3 or M4.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #13
pcai
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Went to dealer today, saw the new G8X in person, and I was shocked how small the grille looks IRL. Like seriously, the way the grilles are portrayed in photos make them look so much bigger than in person. Black is definitely a better choice than white. I'm ~6ft and I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I could sort of fit into the back of the M4. The new carbon trim on the steering wheels are probably the highlight of the interior. Shame they didn't do an Alcantara roofliner even though the cars were full leather. Also full leather doesn't cover the transmission tunnel in leather like it does in the F90.
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00
      03-05-2021, 07:45 PM   #14
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
Quote:
Literally 2 days ago! I had my heart set on a Taycan Turbo but it just isn't for me right now in my life. As soon as I realised it, I looked around for G80 M3's and found one in California, but when the dealership said they were looking for $15k over sticker - I literally laughed and hung up. I wasn't gonna pay ADM on a 991.2 GT3 which led me to a 991.1 GT3, and I sure as hell am not paying it for an M3 when there are plenty of build slots and allocation.

The dealership I saw earlier today has an IOMG on Silverstone extended and the sales guy first said they're selling it for $8k above sticker. I said I'll take it for sticker and cancel my order. He said he can't but can do $5k. I said no, and as I walked to my car he followed me out and said "we can do $4k above sticker"

Yea there's no chance I would take one of these over sticker. There's also not a chance I would consider it at sticker either. People got $20-30K off msrp for the previous CS models back then, so you shouldn't be paying sticker for a normal M3 or M4.
Depends where you are; you're lucky to pay msrp in the Bay Area.
      03-05-2021, 07:48 PM   #15
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

My impression in person is that the car is huge now. But the grills do look a little better.
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #16
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

In 6 months, they'll have incentives and 6-8% off.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:10 PM   #17
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
In 6 months, they'll have incentives and 6-8% off.
I dunno. The M2C is still pretty hard to find at much under MSRP, at least on the west coast. If volumes stay pretty low I doubt they'd need to discount too much.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:58 PM   #18
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
I understand the large grill isn't for everybody but most of the them were trolls chasing likes. I'm someone who's been a fan of the big grill from the jump but have not seen one in person yet. Base on what I see in the video I know I won't be disappointed.

The F80 CS is still fire though
      03-05-2021, 09:43 PM   #19
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Yeah I checked both out today and agree they are dope in person. Strong want!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Jcali861479.00
      03-05-2021, 09:54 PM   #20
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
Yeah I checked both out today and agree they are dope in person. Strong want!
I'm liking Brooklyn Grey more and more. I have that color on order in 6MT with Tartufo interior and carbon interior and exterior packs. Going to be lit
Appreciate 1
Transfer5251.00
      03-05-2021, 10:10 PM   #21
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
Went to dealer today, saw the new G8X in person, and I was shocked how small the grille looks IRL. Like seriously, the way the grilles are portrayed in photos make them look so much bigger than in person. Black is definitely a better choice than white. I'm ~6ft and I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I could sort of fit into the back of the M4. The new carbon trim on the steering wheels are probably the highlight of the interior. Shame they didn't do an Alcantara roofliner even though the cars were full leather. Also full leather doesn't cover the transmission tunnel in leather like it does in the F90.
New wheel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #22
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I dunno. The M2C is still pretty hard to find at much under MSRP, at least on the west coast. If volumes stay pretty low I doubt they'd need to discount too much.
Volumes won't stay low. They'll build a ton of these cars.
2011 X5 35i BSM/Black - Retired
2011 335i Coupe Alpine White/Saddle - Retired (ED)
Appreciate 0