BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-23-2022, 10:27 PM   #1
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Final Order Confirmation

Prior to the actual build start, is there a point where the factory advises the dealer of the exact build configuration?

With so many options & features being deleted due to supply chain issues, I want to review the final build list. If something is removed I can't live without, I want to cancel my order.

My dealer is telling me they won't know the specific configuration of my March build until the car is delivered to the dealership (I'm assuming May/June 22). I don't buy this, and more importantly I don't want to wait until the car arrives to find out what I will get.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 10:32 PM   #2
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Prior to the actual build start, is there a point where the factory advises the dealer of the exact build configuration?

With so many options & features being deleted due to supply chain issues, I want to review the final build list. If something is removed I can't live without, I want to cancel my order.

My dealer is telling me they won't know the specific configuration of my March build until the car is delivered to the dealership (I'm assuming May/June 22). I don't buy this, and more importantly I don't want to wait until the car arrives to find out what I will get.
You are absolutely correct in your thoughts.

Before a dealer submits the order and provides you with a production # for your allocation, they will print out a spec order sheet to confirm your build , because if there's an individual color as I found out today , it will be hard locked even in status 112.
So of course you need to go over a spec sheet before committing to something like that.
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50
      01-23-2022, 10:34 PM   #3
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Furthermore , on the website as you track your car with the production number , you can see what will be added , deleted and standard.
Mine has since updated to where I now will lose the controller touchpad but I'm gaining the 50th anniversary badges because my car is now hella delayed.
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50
      01-24-2022, 06:12 AM   #4
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Option restrictions will show up when the final build in submitted by the dealer. If there is any changes between that time and actual production, i dont think the dealer will get any notification. But once the actual build is complete, your dealer can verify your actual build sheet with options and dont have to wait until the vehicle arrives in the dealership.
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50
      01-24-2022, 07:03 AM   #5
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
Option restrictions will show up when the final build in submitted by the dealer. If there is any changes between that time and actual production, i dont think the dealer will get any notification. But once the actual build is complete, your dealer can verify your actual build sheet with options and dont have to wait until the vehicle arrives in the dealership.
Excellent, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 07:05 AM   #6
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
Furthermore , on the website as you track your car with the production number , you can see what will be added , deleted and standard.
Mine has since updated to where I now will lose the controller touchpad but I'm gaining the 50th anniversary badges because my car is now hella delayed.
Got it, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:19 AM   #7
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm in Canada, not sure if that makes any difference to this conversation.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:22 AM   #8
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
You are absolutely correct in your thoughts.

Before a dealer submits the order and provides you with a production # for your allocation, they will print out a spec order sheet to confirm your build , because if there's an individual color as I found out today , it will be hard locked even in status 112.
So of course you need to go over a spec sheet before committing to something like that.
Yes, I received this from my dealer, however they keep telling me they are hearing about things being deleted (Eg. Laserlights, HK sound system), therefore I want confirmation of what actually will be included in my build. If you see what I mean....
Appreciate 0