BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-12-2022, 05:57 PM   #485
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffx View Post
Agree. So be it. Each has to do what's best for themselves. That'd be a 911 for me.
But that’s assuming Porsche dealers won’t play the same games (spoiler: they will). Also, for me anyway, as much as I’d love a 911, I need a real trunk (and a semblance of a back seat).
Porsche dealers are putting a markup on allocations they have on hand. If you get in line and wait a year, they'll give you MSRP. At least that's what the dealer here told me.
      02-12-2022, 06:03 PM   #486
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ram rebel

Thanks for all the reply's. Not 100% sure what to do. Maybe attorney in order I don't know. Depends how much time I wanna spend on this.

As far as the trade goes. Yep he said only gets the markup down if we do trade. Obviously to recoup the amount. Scummy indeed.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 06:03 PM   #487
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
That's a very low move. I understand if they tell you ahead of time and you had accepted it. But this that they've done to you is absolutely terrible. I wonder if there's a way to report it to BMW.
BMW USA won’t care (trust me on this), they’ll just say, we can only “suggest” the price a dealer can sell the car for, but they’re independent business. Ford, on the other hand, will strip allocations from a dealer, but BMW USA doesn’t care.
Appreciate 3
Spiffx448.00
vj1233793.00
      02-12-2022, 06:05 PM   #488
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
Thanks for all the reply's. Not 100% sure what to do. Maybe attorney in order I don't know. Depends how much time I wanna spend on this.

As far as the trade goes. Yep he said only gets the markup down if we do trade. Obviously to recoup the amount. Scummy indeed.
The longer you hesitate to figure out what to do, the quicker they’re lining someone up to take over your car. If they’re unwilling to budge, and it seems they are, your best bet is trying to find a competent attorney ASAP to at least tell you if you have any legs to stand on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 06:08 PM   #489
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Anyone else got any thoughts on this? I've bought so many cars throughout the years. Never once had to deal with this level of ineptitude.
It's terrible that they're pulling those on you even after you being a local customer.

I would try talking to the general manager or someone higher up the chain and explain the situation. If they are still trying to stand by those numbers, I would walk away from this deal. If that happens, do spread the word with your friends and family and also through social media. This is going to hurt them much more.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2022, 06:09 PM   #490
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's a very low move. I understand if they tell you ahead of time and you had accepted it. But this that they've done to you is absolutely terrible. I wonder if there's a way to report it to BMW.
BMW USA won’t care (trust me on this), they’ll just say, we can only “suggest” the price a dealer can sell the car for, but they’re independent business. Ford, on the other hand, will strip allocations from a dealer, but BMW USA doesn’t care.
Ahh good to know about bmw. As well as the attorney stuff.

They assured me they won't sell it till until we have our day Wednesday. Quote "we really want you to have the car" my response was ok then. Price we agreed on.

This whole situation is pathetic more I think about it. Waited so long for this. Had other dealers lined up at msrp. Went local and earlier in line for nothing
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-12-2022, 06:19 PM   #491
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:

They assured me they won't sell it till until we have our day Wednesday. Quote "we really want you to have the car" my response was ok then. Price we agreed on.

This whole situation is pathetic more I think about it. Waited so long for this. Had other dealers lined up at msrp. Went local and earlier in line for nothing
You are describing almost my exact situation, and I am due to take delivery in a week or two depending on when the boat reaches and clears port/VPC....and now I'm getting nervous LOL.

Agree on the attorney part to at least chime in on the situation... unfortunately I do not think a signed build sheet counts as a binding agreement or even a bill of sale.

Would they give your deposit back at least???
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 06:25 PM   #492
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
Quote:

You are describing almost my exact situation, and I am due to take delivery in a week or two depending on when the boat reaches and clears port/VPC....and now I'm getting nervous LOL.

Agree on the attorney part to at least chime in on the situation... unfortunately I do not think a signed build sheet counts as a binding agreement or even a bill of sale.

Would they give your deposit back at least???
Good question we agreed on a price and all that. If they didn't give my money back we would have a serious problem on hand.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2022, 07:12 PM   #493
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
The longer you hesitate to figure out what to do, the quicker they’re lining someone up to take over your car. If they’re unwilling to budge, and it seems they are, your best bet is trying to find a competent attorney ASAP to at least tell you if you have any legs to stand on here.
Ford let ADMs go on for nearly a year. Ford stores are actually starting to have some inventory to buy, not huge numbers but I see inventory at the stores near me on the ground. Probably threatening to cut allocations isn't a big deal now.

If Ford can continue to build inventory levels the race to the bottom may start, slowly. So do Ford really care either?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 07:14 PM   #494
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Quote:
The longer you hesitate to figure out what to do, the quicker they're lining someone up to take over your car. If they're unwilling to budge, and it seems they are, your best bet is trying to find a competent attorney ASAP to at least tell you if you have any legs to stand on here.
Ford let ADMs go on for nearly a year. Ford stores are actually starting to have some inventory to buy, not huge numbers but I see inventory at the stores near me on the ground. Probably threatening to cut allocations isn't a big deal now.

If Ford can continue to build inventory levels the race to the bottom may start, slowly.
It's a big deal on the Lightning. Huge demand for that (though they've promised a much higher supply too).
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 07:15 PM   #495
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:
Quote:
Ford let ADMs go on for nearly a year. Ford stores are actually starting to have some inventory to buy, not huge numbers but I see inventory at the stores near me on the ground. If Ford can continue to build inventory levels the race to the bottom may start, slowly.
I read on another thread that BMW is already selling cars at pre-pandemic levels. The problem is not supply. The problem is demand. Too much money as disposable income.
      02-12-2022, 07:17 PM   #496
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

aimetti I don't have much to add : if they got everything in writing, even if not formal/signed papers, it's enough for you to make a big fuss out of it.
I'd take the car at the price you agreed on, or walk (run) away.
In both cases, last time I'd do business with them. Supply chain issues will get better and karma (that is, their reputation) will take care of them.
Appreciate 1
aimetti163.50
      02-12-2022, 07:36 PM   #497
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
I read on another thread that BMW is already selling cars at pre-pandemic levels. The problem is not supply. The problem is demand. Too much money as disposable income.
Just saying I don't think Ford really cares. Also convenient saying they will crack down on price ADMs when it lines up nicely as supply ramps up. Yes, there is most certainly increased demand too.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #498
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just saying I don't think Ford really cares. Also convenient saying they will crack down on price ADMs when it lines up nicely as supply ramps up. Yes, there is most certainly increased demand too.
I'll be sure to find out lol. I have a ford maverick on order from a ford dealership under the same dealership group. I fully expect them to be scum bags on that deal too.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-12-2022, 08:52 PM   #499
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Sooooooo my purchase is going anything but smoothly. I won't name names yet but I walked in today for them to review my trade. Didn't plan on completing purchase till next week. Took the m3 for a test drive. It's every bit of car I could have imagined.

So I get back to the finance / main dude and he tells me sorry but we have to tack on a 10k mark up due to the market conditions. I just about lost it.

Throughout the entire process I was told msrp. Have a signed build sheet with this as well as 5000$ down to hold it / get order in. Not once was I ever told this.

He said he could drop it to 3000$ markup but the Trade offer was also laughable and just made up the difference on the 10k markup. I told him I wouldn't trade in car then and he said the deal has to include it. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point and am firm on not moving from price. I feel this is about as scummy as could be. Considering the only reason I went was them was due to them being local and also a few less people in line. Heck I would have gladly waited till summer for it at msrp (which I could get at other dealers)

Anyone else got any thoughts on this? I've bought so many cars throughout the years. Never once had to deal with this level of ineptitude.

I mentioned in another thread I got a fast one pulled on me too. Had >2 email confirmations that my 0.9% was 'locked in', even though >90 days - they said they could push it over, given the timing of my order and have done it before.

I was offered 3.49 upon signing the deal. 1 full percent above what was produced on the website.

They're unfortunately getting greedy.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 08:56 PM   #500
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTDR1V View Post
Quote:
Sooooooo my purchase is going anything but smoothly. I won't name names yet but I walked in today for them to review my trade. Didn't plan on completing purchase till next week. Took the m3 for a test drive. It's every bit of car I could have imagined.

So I get back to the finance / main dude and he tells me sorry but we have to tack on a 10k mark up due to the market conditions. I just about lost it.

Throughout the entire process I was told msrp. Have a signed build sheet with this as well as 5000$ down to hold it / get order in. Not once was I ever told this.

He said he could drop it to 3000$ markup but the Trade offer was also laughable and just made up the difference on the 10k markup. I told him I wouldn't trade in car then and he said the deal has to include it. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point and am firm on not moving from price. I feel this is about as scummy as could be. Considering the only reason I went was them was due to them being local and also a few less people in line. Heck I would have gladly waited till summer for it at msrp (which I could get at other dealers)

I mentioned in another thread I got a fast one pulled on me too. Had >2 email confirmations that my 0.9% was 'locked in', even though >90 days - they said they could push it over, given the timing of my order and have done it before.

I was offered 3.49 upon signing the deal. 1 full percent above what was produced on the website.

They're unfortunately getting greedy.
Ya man they tried this one on me too.

I looked at the write up and saw purchase rate at 3.49%. Asked what this was , surely not the rate I'm locked in at?

He said same thing. "Bmw rate is 2.49 but we add 1% for our profit".

So I first said. Well I can get 1.9 from my credit union so no thanks. Second I am rate locked with bmw till end of February at .9%

So he got in touch with his buddies in the loan department and moved it back to .9%. Then went on to say hey look at that your monthly payment dropped a bunch even with our markup.

Right…..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 09:02 PM   #501
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:

So there have been some replies but as others have stated, you're best bet might be to cut and run. They definitely pulled a bait and switch.

It's probably time to ask for your money back and time is money, so you should be compensated for your lost time waiting in line as well having to wait in a new line.

I'd get an attorney and sue for time damages. If you've been waiting for a year and it takes another year to get a new one; that 2 years is almost 30% of the sticker price (if not maybe more) because depreciation and lost time.

You'll need an expert witness and an attorney, combined they'll probably take about 30-40% total fees; but you should recover a good amount.

I'd also file a complaint with BMW National and see if you can find local media, like ABC News Channel that can put you on TV.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
'Cane8656.00
      02-12-2022, 09:04 PM   #502
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
BMW USA won't care (trust me on this), they'll just say, we can only "suggest" the price a dealer can sell the car for, but they're independent business. Ford, on the other hand, will strip allocations from a dealer, but BMW USA doesn't care.
That's a shame. Maybe someone should get a class action lawsuit against them.

And/or national TV media. Twitter, Facebook, etc
Appreciate 2
'Cane8656.00
aimetti163.50
      02-12-2022, 09:24 PM   #503
dilsere2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

aimetti sorry to hear man. I hope it works out for you. I would just simply walk out if they don't agree to original deal.
      02-12-2022, 10:24 PM   #504
aa3099
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I would tell them that if you guys go this route of reneging on an agreed price then you will be forced to spread awareness about their shoddy practice. I would mention social media, local media, bmw usa, all the bmw forums. Ask them if this extra 5-10k is worth having their reputation damaged and a potential news story.
Appreciate 2
'Cane8656.00
Spiffx448.00
      02-12-2022, 11:09 PM   #505
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks again all. On going I say we make this thread about week 1 orders. Enough about me and my situation. I'll probably create my own thread later next week somewhere else on the forums depending on how it plays out. Social platforms are a crazy tool these days , like the person above mentioned. We shall see!
Appreciate 3
Spiffx448.00
BKC4242120.00
      02-12-2022, 11:17 PM   #506
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep

Side note. The car did have the ps4s tires on it. I know some of you were wondering if any had them.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00