BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

08-02-2022, 04:25 PM   #1
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Individual Color - Touch Up Paint Kit - Not Avail.

Apparently, BMW does not make/sell touch up paint kits for individual colors. And the body shop that BMW uses here locally, can only mix a minimum amount and it has to be used within 15min.

Lesson learned. I should have paid those $1200 for the front bumper clear bra protection... LOL!

Oh well, it gives the car more character

==============================================
Reporting back (30Aug2022)
After the recommendation in this thread, I went ahead and order a kit from ScratchesHappen.com via Amazon; for some reason Scratches Happen.com did not have my color, but Amazon did???

Any way. Finally got it today, applied it, and the miniature scratch went practically away! But before I applied it, I tested it on a white sticky note, put it next to my car's paint to make sure it matched, and bingo!

The scratch was so small that I ended up using one of their toothpick that come in their kit. This is the smallest applicator in the kit.

Also, note that the paint code for Mexico Blue is P5A.

================================================== =======

Last edited by GixY2K; 08-30-2022 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
Llarry15824.50
      08-02-2022, 05:14 PM   #2
retroviol3t
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Jahre - Techno Violet

ScratchesHappen.com -- I have Frozen Portimao and the kit for small touchups works. For a regular gloss paintjob, I'd expect it to be damn near perfect.
Appreciate 2
GregM41317.00
GixY2K517.00
      08-07-2022, 04:27 PM   #3
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

I have individual Gray Black (P60). Dr. Color Chip was able to make me a kit and it matched perfectly. It is now readily available on their site for anyone else. Give them a call re: your color.
      08-16-2022, 01:30 PM   #4
bozman42
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by froz3n.m View Post
ScratchesHappen.com -- I have Frozen Portimao and the kit for small touchups works. For a regular gloss paintjob, I'd expect it to be damn near perfect.
How did the kit for the Frozen Portimao work? I have a little nick that I want to try to fix, (it's fairly out of sight).

Current: 2022 M3 Competition xDrive in Frozen Portimao Blue
Previous: 2020 Range Rover Sport SVR in Estoril Blue
Wife: 2023 X3 M40i in Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 01:34 PM   #5
retroviol3t
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Jahre - Techno Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozman42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by froz3n.m View Post
How did the kit for the Frozen Portimao work? I have a little nick that I want to try to fix, (it's fairly out of sight).

I have used it on the hood, bumper, fender, and edge of door. It's not perfect at filling in the hole from missing paint but it colors it to match and looks much better.

When I wash, I know they're there. I see them.. but to the untrained eye you wouldn't notice much if any of them.
      08-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #6
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

After the recommendation in this thread, I went ahead and order a kit from ScratchesHappen.com via Amazon; for some reason Scratches Happen.com did not have my color, but Amazon did???

Any way. Finally got it today, applied it, and the miniature scratch went practically away! But before I applied it, I tested it on a white sticky note, put it next to my car's paint to make sure it matched, and bingo!

The scratch was so small that I ended up using one of their toothpick that come in their kit. This is the smallest applicator in the kit.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 07:25 AM   #7
bimmerfanpk2020
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post

I always always use touchupdirect.com. My buddies with individual colors always end up finding their color there and it's a perfect match
Appreciate 1
GixY2K517.00