BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-06-2023, 05:58 PM   #45
m3atyg80x
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodizzle View Post
I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who’s experienced this, lol. Yes, the comfort is decent. Occasionally, you’ll notice it when shifting from 3-2 and 2-1 in Auto mode. It’s not disruptive, but it’s definitely more noticeable than stock. The same observation applies to the sport mode. I have a RWD comp.
How do you deal with hard braking in sport+ in d3? Or do you just drive in s3 on sport+? Definitely doesn’t feel good when it auto downshifts when applying a lot of pressure with brakes. That jerky jerk probably isn’t good for the tranny lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 06:21 PM   #46
Rodizzle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3atyg80x View Post
How do you deal with hard braking in sport+ in d3? Or do you just drive in s3 on sport+? Definitely doesn’t feel good when it auto downshifts when applying a lot of pressure with brakes. That jerky jerk probably isn’t good for the tranny lol.
I just don’t drive it in S3; it’s too damn harsh. Like you said, the “jerky jerk” isn’t good at all for the mounts or transmission. It’s snappy as hell, whether upshifting or downshifting on throttle. Anything under 40% throttle is just harsh.
I’ve been lurking in this thread and others to see if anyone else has had the same issue. You’re the first who seems to have come out into the open. I know we’re not the only ones experiencing this. It’s now at a point where it’s pretty much debatable, but I want to go back to stock and consult the other guy who flashes these files to see if there are any differences.
I noticed this right away and described it in my review (though not to this extent).
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 08:44 PM   #47
hellcat2m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
I just don’t drive it in S3; it’s too damn harsh. Like you said, the “jerky jerk” isn’t good at all for the mounts or transmission. It’s snappy as hell, whether upshifting or downshifting on throttle. Anything under 40% throttle is just harsh.
I’ve been lurking in this thread and others to see if anyone else has had the same issue. You’re the first who seems to have come out into the open. I know we’re not the only ones experiencing this. It’s now at a point where it’s pretty much debatable, but I want to go back to stock and consult the other guy who flashes these files to see if there are any differences.
I noticed this right away and described it in my review (though not to this extent).
Wonder if the CS transmission mount/bushing would remedy this 🤔
Appreciate 1
GTS Daddy372.50
      09-06-2023, 10:54 PM   #48
m3atyg80x
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I agree that it's quite snappy, but it's annoying when driving in regular traffic. I'm curious how the xhp trans tune is. Several people stated that it rev matches fairly well even with aggressive shifting.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 10:57 PM   #49
m3atyg80x
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2m4 View Post
Wonder if the CS transmission mount/bushing would remedy this 🤔
No, I don't believe so. When downshifting or braking hard, the jerk is quite strong. I don't think it would make much of a difference unless the mount/bushing is made of a material that can absorb that much force.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 02:48 PM   #50
hellcat2m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
No, I don't believe so. When downshifting or braking hard, the jerk is quite strong. I don't think it would make much of a difference unless the mount/bushing is made of a material that can absorb that much force.
I do believe its a different/stronger material. I would be interested in purchasing the mount if it does. I have XHP but still get rough shifting as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 04:37 PM   #51
m3atyg80x
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2m4 View Post
I do believe its a different/stronger material. I would be interested in purchasing the mount if it does. I have XHP but still get rough shifting as well.
It's good to know that the XHP tranny tune does the same thing. That makes three people in this thread experiencing rough downshifts.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 05:30 PM   #52
Digitalfujjjrel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E BMW M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Thank you for the review!

I am planning on having Alex@Alpine do the tune for me. Coming from 2 F8xs and also having a new-to-me e92 M3 in the garage, the transmission really just feels lazy in the G80 (despite how insanely fast the car is... it's more about when the car *isn't* going fast, like on downshifting to a stop).

Hopefully this makes the car just about perfect.

Does the CS tune change anything with the exhaust or how/when the flaps open?

That would be another thing I would potentially want to do, but unsure if the only way is still to hook something up under the car (versus just an OBDII mod or flash like in the F8x series, which was apparently a much simpler valved system).
I did noticed that my valves are fully open during start up. I would prefer them not to be fully open.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 06:21 PM   #53
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalfujjjrel View Post
I did noticed that my valves are fully open during start up. I would prefer them not to be fully open.
I really dont see how that can be possible as the parameters for the exhaust valves are in the ECU mapping, and that is not touched with the CS software package that is being offered.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #54
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
I really dont see how that can be possible as the parameters for the exhaust valves are in the ECU mapping, and that is not touched with the CS software package that is being offered.
I think he means the exhaust button is defaulted on at start up.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #55
Digitalfujjjrel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don’t know the how’s but it happened to me and also I asked someone else here and it happened to him too. It was not doing it yesterday or any day before today. It happened immediately after it was coded now I am not saying or blamming anyone its just sound. A press of a button can fix it no big deal. That is not a deal breaker for me. I am enjoying the software so far. I’ve used the car plenty today and is doing it everytime I turn on the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 06:30 PM   #56
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
I think he means the exhaust button is defaulted on at start up.
Isn’t that always the default behavior though?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 06:31 PM   #57
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Yes I thought that was the case but wasn’t 100% sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 06:37 PM   #58
Digitalfujjjrel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Maybe my valve controller went bad all of the sudden. I will disconect my valve controller and see. Anyways i am happy with the coding. The guys were awesome and very responsive. No regrets here.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 08:16 PM   #59
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Mine are not. I only did the transmission portion of the coding
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 08:23 PM   #60
Digitalfujjjrel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Mine are not. I only did the transmission portion of the coding
I see. I am pretty sure my valve controller probably is going bad. What they did has anything to do with the way the valves open. I already contacted dahler about it. Overall I love the results!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 08:47 PM   #61
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I see. I am pretty sure my valve controller probably is going bad. What they did has anything to do with the way the valves open. I already contacted dahler about it. Overall I love the results!!!
Oh, you’re talking about a valve controller?
I don’t think that has anything to do with the CS coding at all (and shouldn’t since one is hardware and one is software, right?)

I have heard that those valve controllers are easy to disconnect or stop working. I ordered one and never installed it since I didn’t want to play with wiring.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2023, 03:59 AM   #62
m3atyg80x
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Oh, you’re talking about a valve controller?
I don’t think that has anything to do with the CS coding at all (and shouldn’t since one is hardware and one is software, right?)

I have heard that those valve controllers are easy to disconnect or stop working. I ordered one and never installed it since I didn’t want to play with wiring.
I’ll buy that valve controller from you if you don’t need it.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144439.00
      09-09-2023, 04:01 AM   #63
m3atyg80x
Enlisted Member
Rep

I also ended up flashing the trans tune back to stock. The aggressive downshifts were enough to make me reconsider going back. Over time I assume wouldn’t be good for the tranny with how much it jerks the car forward
Appreciate 2
      09-09-2023, 07:48 AM   #64
PipeM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IS 500, 2024 M3 comp RWD

Quote:
I also ended up flashing the trans tune back to stock. The aggressive downshifts were enough to make me reconsider going back. Over time I assume wouldn’t be good for the tranny with how much it jerks the car forward
Hi. How you flash it back?
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2023, 06:13 PM   #65
m3atyg80x
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeM3 View Post
Hi. How you flash it back?
Kubax86 can do it for you if you're not completely satisfied with the CS tune. He was kind enough to put me on his schedule a week after getting it done. It's a simple 15-minute remote session.

As for xHP, you may have to go to the original person who flashed your transmission.
Appreciate 3
      09-10-2023, 01:59 PM   #66
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
I'm finding that as I get used to the coding, the shifts are less harsh, you just need to get used to the shift points. When the car is in "auto" and shifting for me, I never have it above the second setting. When I am shifting myself in the most aggressive setting, I find that lifting off the gas or brake when downshifting causes a much smoother shift than if hard braking and shifting or hard accelerating and upshifting.

I'll admit, the main reason I went for this was how lazy normal downshifts sounded stock, and this definitely fixes that problem.
Appreciate 3
tatarwj378.00
Needsdecaf6599.00
TopJimmy5460.00