BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-22-2023, 04:47 PM   #67
RationalHuman
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Comp/XDrive,RS4,BoxsterS

Disabling 'enhanced integration' didn't work for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rza View Post
I had this problem the other day as well. Rebooting iDrive didn't help nor did rebooting my Iphone. I then disabled the "enhanced integration" option in the General/Carplay/BMW menu in my iPhone settings and now everything seems to work fine including the location in the BMW app.
I tried this too - it seemed to work, but only for 2-3 drives which is pretty average, then the problems were back. In my case it alternates between sometimes presenting as just a GPS issue, sometimes all of CarPlay going down for a few minutes and then re-starting. Very annoying. Have been checking for iDrive updates every week or so in the hope that BMW will release a patch, and will ask the dealer to look into it when I take it in next month for it's break-in service at 1200 miles, as so far I haven't found any fixes. BMW has told me the usual 're-install and reboot everything, maybe that will help' which, um, hasn't
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 12:03 AM   #68
CreepyAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 comp xdrive

apparently idrive 8 told this woman to make a left into the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsxpdX2dB4M
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2023, 05:02 PM   #69
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80

This is such an annoying bug, can't wait for it to be fixed. I did what many of you have done before I stumbled upon this. Just venting.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2023, 08:24 PM   #70
FrenchyfromFL
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, G80 M3X

Had the same issue the other day and found that my waze and Google map was also off on my phone. Restarted my phone and it fixed it.
I also have the issue all the time of my waze map moving around from time to time, which I find very annoying.
In my previous car (2019 Golf R), I had the issue all the time of my location being stuck in waze. Always had to unplug my phone over and over until it fixes and I could finally see my icon following my route.
I think this is an issue with CarPlay, not the car entertainment system.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 09:30 AM   #71
31shifter
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp X-drive

Garage List
Think there has been progress here, I had an update to install last weekend and Waze has been working fine all week. This is the longest it’s worked for me since I picked up my car. Fingers crossed !
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 10:07 AM   #72
31shifter
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp X-drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31shifter View Post
Think there has been progress here, I had an update to install last weekend and Waze has been working fine all week. This is the longest it’s worked for me since I picked up my car. Fingers crossed !
Disregard - it’s back to being lost, same as before.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 04:31 PM   #73
teler86
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I've tried multiple phones and they all have the same issue in my '23 M3.

I recommend making a complaint with your state's attorney general so we get some real commitments from BMW on resolving this issue. I was in a busy area yesterday and almost turned into oncoming traffic due to this flaw; it is reckless and may even be life threatening that the CarPlay GPS is not working properly.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 06:50 AM   #74
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I didn't do any updates but mine has been working flawlessly over the last 7 days, on both my work and personal phone. So maybe something changed OTA but things have been solid over here too.

We'll see how long it lasts..

Last edited by Mp3Supply; 05-20-2023 at 06:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 06:59 AM   #75
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Disregard - it’s back to being lost, same as before.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 05:17 PM   #76
CreepyAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 comp xdrive

there must've been an update because it's been working recently. not sure if it was apple or bmw who updated.

now if only i can figure out how to put youtube on the big screen...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 11:00 AM   #77
Mrrcman
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

My phone is doing it not even connected to my car. It’s constantly wandering around. I think it’s something to do with GPS to the phone not anything to do with the car.

The GPS on my iPad is off as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 08:56 PM   #78
mmmrodge
Rep
Drives: 24 M4

I had that issue recently in my Wrangler but my G82 has been fine
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 09:03 PM   #79
m3cs76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Mine seems to working fine since the latest BMW update. Could just be a coincidence, but it's been over a week now with now issues.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 04:42 PM   #80
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

I've been going strong for what feels like 3 weeks now. It was good leading up to the last OTA update and then I did the update and since the update it has not done it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 04:10 PM   #81
RationalHuman
Rep

From venting to action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teler86 View Post
I've tried multiple phones and they all have the same issue in my '23 M3.

I recommend making a complaint with your state's attorney general so we get some real commitments from BMW on resolving this issue. I was in a busy area yesterday and almost turned into oncoming traffic due to this flaw; it is reckless and may even be life threatening that the CarPlay GPS is not working properly.
I think this is a good idea. I'd also love, if there are any lawyers on here, to at least think about a class action suit. I've tried all the fixes listed here (changing setting on iPhone, re-booting head unit, etc), installed the latest upgrade (over Memorial Day weekend) and had my dealer try and fix it (they did some sort of hard-reboot that required I re-pair my phone), and now at least I no longer have the 'GPS wondering around' issue, but CarPlay is as unreliable as ever. In a recent drive I lost my CarPlay connection five times in 30M. It seems to be *slightly* more reliable when connected to the USB port instead of via BT, but that's hardly an acceptable solution...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 04:30 PM   #82
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalHuman View Post
I think this is a good idea. I'd also love, if there are any lawyers on here, to at least think about a class action suit. I've tried all the fixes listed here (changing setting on iPhone, re-booting head unit, etc), installed the latest upgrade (over Memorial Day weekend) and had my dealer try and fix it (they did some sort of hard-reboot that required I re-pair my phone), and now at least I no longer have the 'GPS wondering around' issue, but CarPlay is as unreliable as ever. In a recent drive I lost my CarPlay connection five times in 30M. It seems to be *slightly* more reliable when connected to the USB port instead of via BT, but that's hardly an acceptable solution...
FYI the car has wireless CarPlay only, connecting the usb port has no impact on the CarPlay connection. It’s only providing power.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 04:39 PM   #83
RationalHuman
Rep

I have filed complaints with both the MA ATG and BMW NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalHuman View Post
You can file a complaint with BMW NA Customer Relations here: https://my.bmwusa.com/contact-form.html

For those of you in MA, you can file a complaint with the AG's office here: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 07:56 AM   #84
86zccrx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

With the latest version, CarPlay has been perfect on my car. No GPS issues. I think it’s still being rolled out, so you may not be on the latest build that fixed the issues.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2023, 01:41 PM   #85
Wickedly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tanzanite Blue II M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86zccrx View Post
With the latest version, CarPlay has been perfect on my car. No GPS issues. I think it’s still being rolled out, so you may not be on the latest build that fixed the issues.
What version you referring to ?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 08:56 PM   #86
86zccrx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
What version you referring to ?
03/2023.50
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 07:12 AM   #87
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86zccrx View Post
I had no issues on the new update until a few days ago when it hit on the way home. Then Maps then did something I’ve never seen… it corrected itself while navigating and I finished the drive without issue.

Looks like the new update is doing something good, possibly better error handling in the code. I’m not entirely certain, but I think we are over the hump with this issue now 🤞
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 10:54 AM   #88
house
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C (due May)

Garage List
My g80 was working perfectly with the latest software. However, I installed the iOS 17 beta on my phone, and it is horrible.

I’ve tried placing my phone in all sorts of locations, nothing works.

Even if I look at the GPS location on my phone (versus CarPlay) it’s completely wrong.

I do agree it is something with the G8X platform, but Apple has something to do with it too.

My only advice, for now, is not to install iOS 17 beta if you rely on CarPlay navigation.
Appreciate 3