G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

07-27-2022, 10:43 AM   #1
MBorojev92
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Angry BC Delivery Stories/Wait Times for M3

Hi Everyone,

I’m beyond frustrated with my order process for the G80 M3, so I was curious how everyone else’s experience has been in BC specifically. East Coast feel free to share as well.

Dealership: BMW Langley
Model: G80 M3 X-Drive
Order + Deposit: Nov. 16 2021
Initial ETA - March Delivery
1st Update - April Delivery
2nd Update - Mid April Production Date
3rd Update - June Production Date
4th Update - Out of Production switching over to My23

This is where it gets interesting. At the start of June when I was told about the production switching over to MY23 I was told I would know within the next 2 days about price protection and production status going forward.

Safe to say today is July 27, almost 2 months later, I still do not know anything about the status of price protection or even an estimated production date.

Coming into the 9th month of waiting, I don’t know what I’m going to be paying, what options I’ll have available or when the car is coming. If it starts getting produced tomorrow my wait time will still be a total of 13/14 months. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t see the car until Spring 2023.

Anyone else in a similar boat, or can share how they made their experience less frustrating!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #2
tomitats
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4 cs

I ordered my g80 around the same time from the same dealership as well. I was told I'd receive the car in June and it arrived in halifax June 30. I've been told I should have it at the end of this week. I've had no luck tracking on the Hansen shipping website so I'm in the dark as to where in Canada the car is. Its been a pretty bad purchasing experience to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:41 PM   #3
wafflesss
Registered
Rep
Drives: g80

Ordered a m3 comp from Park Shore in mid Dec.
Finished production in mid April.
Arrived Halifax end of June and shipped to Vancouver this week.
Pickup sometime next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:49 PM   #4
tomitats
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesss View Post
Ordered a m3 comp from Park Shore in mid Dec.
Finished production in mid April.
Arrived Halifax end of June and shipped to Vancouver this week.
Pickup sometime next week.
Are you saying it's now leaving halifax after a month? Or that it's here and bring brought to the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
MBorojev92
Private
Rep

Happy for you guys! Glad at least some people are getting their cars after so long. Saw another post on here from Langley BMW that was ordered mid December and he got it in April/May if I’m not mistaken.

Looks like it’s just mine that will be at least a 13+ month wait time. Hope no one else is waiting as long.

Do you know if you got all the options you specd?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 06:17 PM   #6
tomitats
Rep

According to my VIN number it should be but I'll only know once I see it. I was hoping Hansen truck tracking would work but no luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 07:53 PM   #7
wafflesss
Registered
Rep
Drives: g80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitats View Post
Are you saying it's now leaving halifax after a month? Or that it's here and bring brought to the dealership?
yea arrived week of June 23rd and took a month to get to Vancouver
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 09:27 PM   #8
tomitats
Rep

That makes sense. I hope to be taking delivery this weekend or Monday.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 11:54 AM   #9
tomitats
Rep

Just an update for langley. My car has arrived.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 07:00 PM   #10
Chris_DUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Just an update for langley. My car has arrived.
Nice congrats! That was also fast cross country, just 4 weeks.

Do you know what production week yours was?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 07:02 PM   #11
Chris_DUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ordered February at a Vancouver dealer, initially week 17 production on an allocation that was supposed to be changed, couldnt be changed, new allocation week 23, then rolled over to MY 23, latest I had heard was week 36 production, which would bring it into my garage roughly at the end of November. Will then also be 9.5months since I put down the deposit. Communication from dealer? Next to not existent unless I follow up. Disappointing and frustrating.

Edit: CompX
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 07:38 PM   #12
tomitats
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DUS View Post

I wouldn't know production week but being in Canada getting updates was very difficult. I had to do all the tracking and detective work myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 08:06 PM   #13
Chris_DUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't know production week but being in Canada getting updates was very difficult. I had to do all the tracking and detective work myself.
Maybe if you enter the VIN into a VIN decoder gives you the build day, not sure when this is in there. The mdecoder shows for my car the build date
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 04:56 PM   #14
MBorojev92
Private
Rep

Just got news today my build is back in production as a MY23 with a new production number for Week 36. Assuming 4 months from production to delivery to dealership and no changes, I’ll be seeing the car in January. Nice 14 month wait time…
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 09:42 PM   #15
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBorojev92 View Post
Just got news today my build is back in production as a MY23 with a new production number for Week 36. Assuming 4 months from production to delivery to dealership and no changes, I’ll be seeing the car in January. Nice 14 month wait time…
What are your specs? Did you spec carbon bucket seats?

I'm hearing BMWNA has approved price protection up to $3,000. Wait for the car to go in production and then start pushing dealer on it.

Did you review your build online for MY23 configuration? There are some MY22 options that changed but nothing significant.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 10:55 PM   #16
MBorojev92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post

I'm hearing BMWNA has approved price protection up to $3,000. Wait for the car to go in production and then start pushing dealer on it.

Did you review your build online for MY23 configuration? There are some MY22 options that changed but nothing significant.
So I went in today and we went over the build again and had to pick everything out for the MY23. The only thing I noticed different was that ventilated seats was a stand alone option not in the premium pack, but the premium pack was less expensive now. Also display key was not an option. Then right after they confirmed it for week 36 production status 111.

I didn’t get the carbon buckets. I got m3 comp x drive in sapphire black with full orange leather, premium pack, driver assistance pack, carbon fibre trim and shadow headlights.

As for the price protection that’s the only positive news in all this. They confirmed they will fully price protect my original order which I couldn’t be happier about because the new build was over 8k more MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 11:18 PM   #17
Chris_DUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post

So I went in today and we went over the build again and had to pick everything out for the MY23. The only thing I noticed different was that ventilated seats was a stand alone option not in the premium pack, but the premium pack was less expensive now. Also display key was not an option. Then right after they confirmed it for week 36 production status 111.

I didn’t get the carbon buckets. I got m3 comp x drive in sapphire black with full orange leather, premium pack, driver assistance pack, carbon fibre trim and shadow headlights.

As for the price protection that’s the only positive news in all this. They confirmed they will fully price protect my original order which I couldn’t be happier about because the new build was over 8k more MSRP.
The wireless charging and garage door opener are also stand alone options now and no longer part of the premium package
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 11:36 PM   #18
MBorojev92
Private
Rep

Quote:
The wireless charging and garage door opener are also stand alone options now and no longer part of the premium package
Oh shoot, thanks for letting me know. I’ll reach out tomorrow to make sure that’s added too then!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 02:36 PM   #19
MBorojev92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Looking through the paperwork again it looks like no heated rear seats, and no Harmon Kardon sound system (just says HiFi). Also can’t find Heads Up Display anywhere. Looks like I gotta make another trip back to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 04:10 PM   #20
Chris_DUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Looking through the paperwork again it looks like no heated rear seats, and no Harmon Kardon sound system (just says HiFi). Also can’t find Heads Up Display anywhere. Looks like I gotta make another trip back to BMW.
Heard the seats too, I think mine were used once. Notmally nobody in the back. Someone posted the Canadian Pricing Guide and it had the Harman Kardon still as part of thr premium package
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 03:22 AM   #21
MBorojev92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Heard the seats too, I think mine were used once. Notmally nobody in the back. Someone posted the Canadian Pricing Guide and it had the Harman Kardon still as part of thr premium package
You’re right I got a new printout, it says Harmon Kardon. But it doesn’t have the Sensatec and Heads up on my breakdown. Gonna go in tomorrow and add anything that might have been missed as a new stand-alone option. You’d figure the dealer would know these things and tell you.
Appreciate 0