home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

04-17-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Feels like Christmas Eve. It will be 11.5 months since we ordered.

I am acquainted with what to normally check for at pickup, such as:
- Make sure the options purchased are there both from the factory and dealer
- Check for owner's manual
- Check for superficial scuffs/damage inside and out
- Check that shipping blocks are removed
- etc...

A couple I am unsure of and I'm specifically asking my fellow Canadians who have already picked up (few as we may be), does the car come with:
- A mobility kit (i think this is a tire repair kit)
- Tools in a bag located in the trunk
- Key card
- Anything else I am missing?

Thanks all and best of luck for those still waiting.
Appreciate 5
      04-17-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
Johndaks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Congratulations.,.

Wow...almost a year to get car. I ordered mine in September 2021, I was hopeful to get it before summer!!!!(I guess not!!!lol).

Post some pics!!!
Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      04-19-2022, 09:31 AM   #3
biznis32
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Congrats LSP.
I ordered mine August of 2021 and picking her up on Thursday! Driving straight to get windows tinted and PPF. Bodyshop said that it will take 48-72 hours so won't get to drive her home until early next week. M4 MT. Super excited.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 12:38 PM   #4
icecrow001
Rep
Drives: m550

Congrats man! Pic pic plz. Btw, are you doing whole car PPF or just front and major sections?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #5
biznis32
Private
Rep

Not the whole car. Just the bumper, lights, hood etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 07:11 PM   #6
Bst888
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X6 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Feels like Christmas Eve. It will be 11.5 months since we ordered.

I am acquainted with what to normally check for at pickup, such as:
- Make sure the options purchased are there both from the factory and dealer
- Check for owner's manual
- Check for superficial scuffs/damage inside and out
- Check that shipping blocks are removed
- etc...

A couple I am unsure of and I'm specifically asking my fellow Canadians who have already picked up (few as we may be), does the car come with:
- A mobility kit (i think this is a tire repair kit)
- Tools in a bag located in the trunk
- Key card
- Anything else I am missing?

Thanks all and best of luck for those still waiting.
Pics please! For now we can feel satisfied looking at your car pictures.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #7
biznis32
Private
Rep

Delivery Day

I posted on the dravit thread but here she is. Didn't get to drive much as I drove her straight to the auto shop for tints and PPF. Looking forward to the next Toronto meet....
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Mowe2456.00
Multani61.00
Bst8886.00
kurosagi1123.00
      04-21-2022, 10:14 PM   #8
Johndaks
Private First Class
Rep

How was the initial drive (even though it was short )?
Looks amazing btw!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 11:18 PM   #9
Bst888
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X6 35i

Garage List
Looks amazing. Have fun .
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 07:26 AM   #10
biznis32
Private
Rep

In my short drive, it struck me how comfortable it is. I test drove one back in June but it is smoother and has a very compliant ride. More than I remembered. Although I didn’t rev the engine pass 4K rpm, it was on the quiet side even in my M2 settings that has everything in sport plus.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 10:15 AM   #11
Multani
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznis32 View Post
In my short drive, it struck me how comfortable it is. I test drove one back in June but it is smoother and has a very compliant ride. More than I remembered. Although I didn’t rev the engine pass 4K rpm, it was on the quiet side even in my M2 settings that has everything in sport plus.
the car is bit of a dud with the exhaust but amazing to drive none the less! hope to run into you soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 10:54 AM   #12
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep

Sorry for going MIA after pick-up. Between the snow and rain and work I've had limited seat time and sunshine to take pics. That was a not-so-fun first drive from the dealer on summer tires in a freak snowstorm! The car was clean for around 3 seconds.
First impressions were best summed up by my wife, "It drives a lot more like our 911 than I expected!" Still getting use to it myself, but I agree with my wife's initial comparison. We are both drivers (the M3 is actually her primary car) and we're not overly concerned about the aesthetics (as is obvious from the dirty car pics) but more driving dynamics. Our Volvo is the family hauler and I describe it as a very capable but comfortable sofa (unfortunately the x7 was not out in 2017 when we got it).
The M is a fun, useable car...we picked up our daughter and her BF from the airport...can't really do that in the 911. The 911 still feels more 'tossable' but perhaps as I get more comfortable with the M and its weight, that gap will shrink.
I was expecting big things from the M3 based on all I've read on this great forum and also read/saw online...and the car does not disappoint. It is very easy to get comfortable with after a short while in terms of driving. However, all the settings will take some time to honed in.
I've made one small exterior mod...who can spot it?
For those of you who take hi res pictures and can't stand the look of dirt on cars, sorry for the pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by LSP; 04-22-2022 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 3
      04-22-2022, 11:06 AM   #13
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Looks nice! So I see you went from a white license plate and modded to a blue one. Nice.

Other than that, looks like some mudflappers found their way onto your car.

Your comment on the 911 and being able to pick up passengers (who aren’t 2’ tall) is what keeps me a fan with the M3/4.

I’m eyeing a Cayman as my kids get older and don’t want to hang out with old dad.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 03:20 PM   #14
biznis32
Private
Rep

That’s exactly why I sold my 911 991.2 in October of 2021. Even though it was my second car, I just couldn’t really use it on a regular basis.
Hey LSP, did you buy from Maranello? My SA had told me that a customer of his had just picked up his M3 during that heavy April snowfall earlier this week.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 07:06 PM   #15
grapz
Rep
Drives: m3

Did you guys buy any ceramic protection at all?

How was pick up day for you btw? Mine should be coming in the next week or two. Was wondering what things you may have learned on your pick up day
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 04:02 AM   #16
Johndaks
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Sorry for going MIA after pick-up. Between the snow and rain and work I've had limited seat time and sunshine to take pics. That was a not-so-fun first drive from the dealer on summer tires in a freak snowstorm! The car was clean for around 3 seconds.
First impressions were best summed up by my wife, "It drives a lot more like our 911 than I expected!" Still getting use to it myself, but I agree with my wife's initial comparison. We are both drivers (the M3 is actually her primary car) and we're not overly concerned about the aesthetics (as is obvious from the dirty car pics) but more driving dynamics. Our Volvo is the family hauler and I describe it as a very capable but comfortable sofa (unfortunately the x7 was not out in 2017 when we got it).
The M is a fun, useable car...we picked up our daughter and her BF from the airport...can't really do that in the 911. The 911 still feels more 'tossable' but perhaps as I get more comfortable with the M and its weight, that gap will shrink.
I was expecting big things from the M3 based on all I've read on this great forum and also read/saw online...and the car does not disappoint. It is very easy to get comfortable with after a short while in terms of driving. However, all the settings will take some time to honed in.
I've made one small exterior mod...who can spot it?
For those of you who take hi res pictures and can't stand the look of dirt on cars, sorry for the pics.
Looks nice!!! How does it sound stock??
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 06:52 AM   #17
biznis32
Private
Rep

I didn’t do ceramic but I went with expel on the entire front and side panels. I didn’t learn much from the delivery process and I was out in 40 minutes. They just went through the M settings and that was it. Since I have an X5 I’m familiar with the bmw interface. I usually feel that I’m more knowledgeable than the SA’s anyways.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 02:28 PM   #18
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Looks nice! So I see you went from a white license plate and modded to a blue one. Nice.

Other than that, looks like some mudflappers found their way onto your car.

Your comment on the 911 and being able to pick up passengers (who aren’t 2’ tall) is what keeps me a fan with the M3/4.

I’m eyeing a Cayman as my kids get older and don’t want to hang out with old dad.
Hot dog we have a wiener...Tommy L mudflaps.

I agree with the choice of the Cayman. If you have patience, get the 4.0L GTS - the wait time for a new one is 12-14 months. This will be the last of the best non hybrid pure everyday sport car from Porsche. I don't mind hybrids (as many hyper cars now have them), but I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to the IC engines. If not the 718, I'm partial to manual 981 bc of the 6 cylinders.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 02:30 PM   #19
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndaks View Post
Not great unless you put on the fake feed from the speakers which isn't terrible for short periods of time.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 02:34 PM   #20
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndaks View Post
Quote:
That’s exactly why I sold my 911 991.2 in October of 2021. Even though it was my second car, I just couldn’t really use it on a regular basis.
Hey LSP, did you buy from Maranello? My SA had told me that a customer of his had just picked up his M3 during that heavy April snowfall earlier this week.
Bought from Budds Oakville. My sales guy (Daniel) and sale manager (Iyad) were great even considering how long the whole process was.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 02:43 PM   #21
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I didn’t do ceramic but I went with expel on the entire front and side panels. I didn’t learn much from the delivery process and I was out in 40 minutes. They just went through the M settings and that was it. Since I have an X5 I’m familiar with the bmw interface. I usually feel that I’m more knowledgeable than the SA’s anyways.
Biznis and Grapz - I also only did PPF on the front (hood and fenders) and no ceramic. Also did door cups and side mirrors. The ppf on the hood has to be redone because there was some debris trapped under it and the rear door cups have bubbles (dealer has kindly agreed to replace).
What is still up for debate is the nose of the car - I thought it would be covered based on my correspondence with aftersales. Waiting to hear back from the dealer on what they will do. I really don't understand why only the hood and fenders (to A pillars) would be done and not the most exposed painted portion of the car (even if it is paint on a plastic bumper). What are others PPF'ing?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 11:44 PM   #22
icecrow001
Rep
Drives: m550

You guys cars are so good. I notice grey m4 is Michelin, m3 is Pirelli. They said it is random pick from BMW factory. We cannot decide. BTW, when did you guys get the VIN#? I am looking for my VIN# so that I can expect my order will not be delay.
Appreciate 0