home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

02-26-2022, 10:28 PM   #23
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Hopefully new orders will be completed faster than for those of us in Canada who did so last year. I thought I was being proactive by ordering in May 2021 which resulted in production being completed in Oct 2021 other than for the RAM retrofit (which I'm still awaiting confirmation from the dealer is actually closed as per Alex's tool and the UK website). Obviously, some, not all who ordered later in 2021 from Canada are receiving their cars now. I don't in anyway begrudged them for their fortune but am thoroughly disappointed with BMW 's (not my dealership's) handling of being stuck in this limbo. There is a disrespectful lack of information and blatant preference for cars now in production (i.e. less expensive to BMW to maintain line continuity) rather than an application of a FIFO system for prioritizing back ordered components to cars sitting in VPC parking lots around the world. Furthermore, for most, not all; the purchase cycle for cars to Canada is longer than those destined for the states - as evidence by numerous examples on this board, FB and IG.

This is our 4th BMW in addition to owning a 911 and an xc90 - so we are use to the European experience of waiting for our cars to be built. In fact we were/are? planning on the all new MY23 X7 and now I am left questioning this.

Bottom line of rant, Canadian buyers please be warned and be aware of the risks. BMW makes awesome cars. But based on the 1500+ Cdn orders of various BMWs models sitting at Bremerhaven to be retrofitted, the bottleneck due to production strains, the lack of transparent and timely information afforded our dealerships and thereby us, and of course the sad realties of what a senseless war will now impose, your guess is as good as anyones when it comes to how long it will take for new orders to be built.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 09:00 AM   #24
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Hopefully new orders will be completed faster than for those of us in Canada who did so last year. I thought I was being proactive by ordering in May 2021 which resulted in production being completed in Oct 2021 other than for the RAM retrofit (which I'm still awaiting confirmation from the dealer is actually closed as per Alex's tool and the UK website). Obviously, some, not all who ordered later in 2021 from Canada are receiving their cars now. I don't in anyway begrudged them for their fortune but am thoroughly disappointed with BMW 's (not my dealership's) handling of being stuck in this limbo. There is a disrespectful lack of information and blatant preference for cars now in production (i.e. less expensive to BMW to maintain line continuity) rather than an application of a FIFO system for prioritizing back ordered components to cars sitting in VPC parking lots around the world. Furthermore, for most, not all; the purchase cycle for cars to Canada is longer than those destined for the states - as evidence by numerous examples on this board, FB and IG.

This is our 4th BMW in addition to owning a 911 and an xc90 - so we are use to the European experience of waiting for our cars to be built. In fact we were/are? planning on the all new MY23 X7 and now I am left questioning this.

Bottom line of rant, Canadian buyers please be warned and be aware of the risks. BMW makes awesome cars. But based on the 1500+ Cdn orders of various BMWs models sitting at Bremerhaven to be retrofitted, the bottleneck due to production strains, the lack of transparent and timely information afforded our dealerships and thereby us, and of course the sad realties of what a senseless war will now impose, your guess is as good as anyones when it comes to how long it will take for new orders to be built.
This is probably the most well-written summary and analysis of how poorly BMW managed this whole production run. I think I have questioned my own loyalty towards the brand as a result and would lilely be more inclined to keep my other vehicle longer term than the incoming M3.
The sad reality is that BMW will continue to earn billions of revenue, celebrating their golden 50th anniversary of ///M and assuming that us 1500 polite Canadians will fade away in the background. Will I be happy to take delivery this spring? Sure. Will I consider custom ordering a BMW ever again? That remains to be seen.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2022, 10:10 AM   #25
dk3what
Rep
Drives: RS5, Macan GTS, BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post

As a potential new customer who just started talking to dealerships - this is frustrating.

Personally, I don't mind long wait times. I'm happy to wait, I am even ok with unexpected delays because I can sympathize with the unpredictability of the situation. I think what is making me reconsider things, is the most recent posts indicating that options are getting removed from orders without any communication. Like come on, give me the option - "Wait possibly ~3-4 months or longer or do you want to have the car built now without laser lights".

I do not want to be dropping 100K+ and not get what I want especially when I am not in a rush, and have other options to consider.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2022, 09:47 AM   #26
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
My build date was mid september. It sat in QC from mid sept to around the second week of november where it was sent to the port and still resides.

Like I've posted elsewhere, I got tired of the wait and cancelled my order purchased a stop-gap vehicle to be my daily driver and instead plan to purchase a "fun car" when supply chain issues stabilize in the future.

Order date: July 20
Build completed: Sept 15
At port (193): Nov 15
Expected Delivery: Dec 2. SA checked numerous times and was never given any other info than that
Order cancelled: Dec 20

out of curiousity I just checked the recall tool and the RAM status is still open nearly 2 months after expected delivery

https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/...43AZ01NCJ02682
seems to be closed now...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 09:53 AM   #27
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjos123 View Post
Quote:
My build date was mid september. It sat in QC from mid sept to around the second week of november where it was sent to the port and still resides.

Like I've posted elsewhere, I got tired of the wait and cancelled my order purchased a stop-gap vehicle to be my daily driver and instead plan to purchase a "fun car" when supply chain issues stabilize in the future.

Expected Delivery: Dec 2. SA checked numerous times and was never given any other info than that

out of curiousity I just checked the recall tool and the RAM status is still open nearly 2 months after expected delivery

So it seems!

If you're interested in it I can PM you the contact info of the SA at The BMW Store.

I'm sticking with the EV daily and will look into getting the "fun car" when supply chains have levelled out. It was a tough decision and I definitely miss being in a bimmer though
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #28
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C G80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjos123 View Post
Quote:

So it seems!

If you're interested in it I can PM you the contact info of the SA at The BMW Store.

I'm sticking with the EV daily and will look into getting the "fun car" when supply chains have levelled out. It was a tough decision and I definitely miss being in a bimmer though
Dm me forsure!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 11:01 PM   #29
Bst888
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X6 35i

Garage List
Looks awesome. congrats!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 01:51 PM   #30
Nyghtbow
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i/BMW M4 (ordered)

Placed order for TBII M4 Cabriolet back in November.

Local dealership (Moncton NB) does a lower volume I knew there would be a wait for allocation. Was told there were 2 orders before me.

Was at dealership yesterday for warranty work on my X3 and saw M4 Cabriolet in the service bay getting the PDI completed and prepped to be delivered to local shop for PPF. It was done in Frozen Black and looked amazing.

So I asked for an update on my order and was told the production status was just updated to 112. So just now waiting to see how much longer production will be shut down.

Hoping to have delivery sometime June/July.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 06:31 PM   #31
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtbow View Post

Local dealership (Moncton NB) does a lower volume I knew there would be a wait for allocation. Was told there were 2 orders before me.

Was at dealership yesterday for warranty work on my X3 and saw M4 Cabriolet in the service bay getting the PDI completed and prepped to be delivered to local shop for PPF. It was done in Frozen Black and looked amazing.

So I asked for an update on my order and was told the production status was just updated to 112. So just now waiting to see how much longer production will be shut down.

Thats not bad. I ordered in Dec and apparently have an end of May MY22 build. They say if all goes well it'll be an October delivery. So almost a year from order.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 09:43 AM   #32
Bst888
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

That sounds about right, my order for M4cab placed on Saturday, got a product number on 9th March and I was told, mine was second in queue for entire Canada.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 05:18 PM   #33
Hubie33
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CX

For what's it worth I have a build date for week 20 for a M4 Comp Xdrive (Mid May and was told ETA at dealership late June or early July) The build is locked and apparently is being built/assembled at a different factory because of the individual paint option. Not sure if that helps or not?

Dealer did say cars who did have late 2021 builds was a cluster, but BMW has gotten on top of the situation and things are normalized, except the caveat of the war in Ukraine.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 10:50 PM   #34
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie33 View Post
For what's it worth I have a build date for week 20 for a M4 Comp Xdrive (Mid May and was told ETA at dealership late June or early July) The build is locked and apparently is being built/assembled at a different factory because of the individual paint option. Not sure if that helps or not?

Dealer did say cars who did have late 2021 builds was a cluster, but BMW has gotten on top of the situation and things are normalized, except the caveat of the war in Ukraine.
All M4 are produced in Dingolfing factory no matter it's individual paint or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 01:05 PM   #35
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Not long now! After ordering May 5, 2021, built in week 40, our car arrive at the dealership yesterday. Almost thought this would never happen.
Hang in there for my fellow long haulers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-13-2022, 01:19 PM   #36
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Congratulations!! Looks amazing and gives us hope that maybe we'll see our cars before summer!
Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      04-13-2022, 07:03 PM   #37
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Congratulations!! Looks amazing and gives us hope that maybe we'll see our cars before summer!
Ya summer of 2023.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 08:57 AM   #38
Nyghtbow
Canada
Rep

Just got word from my dealer that my convertible is now Status 150 and provided me the VIN. So close. I might just get to drive it this summer. So excited.
Appreciate 1
Bst8886.00
      04-30-2022, 06:53 AM   #39
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

Quote:
Just got word from my dealer that my convertible is now Status 150 and provided me the VIN. So close. I might just get to drive it this summer. So excited.
Don't get your hopes up. Ordered July 5th and still don't have it. If it's not production delays it's recall delays. If it's not a recall it's shipping. By the time your vehicle gets here we will have a gas shortage. Went to the dealer yesterday to get an update and at this point Genius knows more of when my vehicle is coming.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #40
Bst888
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When did your production was originally scheduled? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 07:39 AM   #41
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlby18 View Post
Don't get your hopes up. Ordered July 5th and still don't have it. If it's not production delays it's recall delays. If it's not a recall it's shipping. By the time your vehicle gets here we will have a gas shortage. Went to the dealer yesterday to get an update and at this point Genius knows more of when my vehicle is coming.
Ironically enough, recent productions are being delivered much faster than older ones. Week 47 production here and if I had known, I would have placed another order for the same car in January 2022.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:50 AM   #42
BigRedG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 6MT

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I live in Calgary and I have quite a wait for my 6MT M3. Here is what I know:

Order Date: April 16, 2022
Order with Allocation: TBD

My understanding is that I am first in line for Calgary BMW’s 2023 6MT allocations when the come out sometime this summer. Build date is estimated May/June 2023. It is a long time but I am willing to wait to get the car in the spec I want.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 10:16 PM   #43
G80.6MT
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 Fahrer View Post
I live in Calgary and I have quite a wait for my 6MT M3. Here is what I know:

Order Date: April 16, 2022
Order with Allocation: TBD

My understanding is that I am first in line for Calgary BMW’s 2023 6MT allocations when the come out sometime this summer. Build date is estimated May/June 2023. It is a long time but I am willing to wait to get the car in the spec I want.
But MY 23 Starts in July/Aug.

Why would your dealer promise a date 1+ year from order date

unless they are creating a buffer for MY22 cars that were pushed to MY23
      05-18-2022, 06:21 PM   #44
Nyghtbow
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Just got word that my status is now "193 Arrived at Port of Exit" and it should be here mid June. Need to keep myself busy to help the days pass faster.
Appreciate 0