BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-04-2023, 06:34 PM   #1
2quick
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Newbie here and getting ready

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi all. My first post. What a great forum. A wealth of knowledge here. And this will be my first BMW. 2024 M4 Competition xDrive Coupe. Just need to decide on what color and options. Leaning towards white with red full leather. Options is taking more time. Will not be a daily driver.

After watching quite a bit of videos. I'm amazed how fast they are. And how well they handle and brake. The only minor complaint i have is the sound. Which is better in sport mode. But could be better. Again, a minor issue compared to everything else. Hope everyone is doing well.
Appreciate 6
      09-04-2023, 06:59 PM   #2
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
Hi all. My first post. What a great forum. A wealth of knowledge here. And this will be my first BMW. 2024 M4 Competition xDrive Coupe. Just need to decide on what color and options. Leaning towards white with red full leather. Options is taking more time. Will not be a daily driver.

After watching quite a bit of videos. I'm amazed how fast they are. And how well they handle and brake. The only minor complaint i have is the sound. Which is better in sport mode. But could be better. Again, a minor issue compared to everything else. Hope everyone is doing well.
Welcome!

This members here are ridiculously impressive in regards to knowledge. It’s an amazing place for sure.

I have an Alpine White with full Fiona Red G80 being built as we speak. I vote stay with that option. The contrast of the white with the black on exterior is second to none and the alpine white is one of the few colors that can go toe-to-toe with Fiona, in my opinion. All of this is to say: You made a good choice for your M4.
Appreciate 3
2quick31.50
Aalfred2597.50
      09-04-2023, 07:24 PM   #3
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:

Can't comment on color itself, definitely personal choice, but white w/ red interior 100% works. Just make sure it's full and not just "extended"

If it's not a daily driver, probably things like the Driving Assistance Professional package might not be worth it (active driving assist, traffic jam assist and adaptive cruise) unless any of those features are worth.

Laser lights are a 100% must on any G8x IMO. The looks alone are the factor, regardless of performance.

Otherwise the HUD, power tailgate, and remote start are worth it enough for the executive package, maybe heated steering wheel as well if you're in a colder climate and would like to drive it during the colder months. Carbon Buckets may also be a consideration if you're going to track the car, but definitely sit in some first to determine whether you like the comfort and ease/difficulty of getting in and out. Carbon Ceramics might be worth it as well in that case. If it's just a road car, or you're going to have other people in the car as well, I'd skip carbon ceramics and buckets.
Appreciate 2
      09-04-2023, 07:25 PM   #4
2quick
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter2099 View Post
Welcome!

This members here are ridiculously impressive in regards to knowledge. It’s an amazing place for sure.

I have an Alpine White with full Fiona Red G80 being built as we speak. I vote stay with that option. The contrast of the white with the black on exterior is second to none and the alpine white is one of the few colors that can go toe-to-toe with Fiona, in my opinion. All of this is to say: You made a good choice for your M4.
Thank you. Back to the options list.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2023, 10:34 PM   #5
2quick
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Can't comment on color itself, definitely personal choice, but white w/ red interior 100% works. Just make sure it's full and not just "extended"

If it's not a daily driver, probably things like the Driving Assistance Professional package might not be worth it (active driving assist, traffic jam assist and adaptive cruise) unless any of those features are worth.

Laser lights are a 100% must on any G8x IMO. The looks alone are the factor, regardless of performance.

Otherwise the HUD, power tailgate, and remote start are worth it enough for the executive package, maybe heated steering wheel as well if you're in a colder climate and would like to drive it during the colder months. Carbon Buckets may also be a consideration if you're going to track the car, but definitely sit in some first to determine whether you like the comfort and ease/difficulty of getting in and out. Carbon Ceramics might be worth it as well in that case. If it's just a road car, or you're going to have other people in the car as well, I'd skip carbon ceramics and buckets.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 09:04 AM   #6
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i, G80 M3 6MT

Quote:

You need carbon buckets

2011 E90 335i xDrive
1996 E36 318i
Appreciate 1
bwoodahl235.00
      09-05-2023, 10:02 AM   #7
Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
Welcome. If your slender and don’t have any back issues the CF buckets are the way to go. If you are a bit on the chunky side, have back issues or are older I would not advise the. CF buckets. They are comfortable and the exposed CF gives a premium look. But I know I had issues getting in and out.

If you track your car consider the Carbon Ceramic brakes but if you only use on the streets with an occasional trip to the track I’d stick with the M Performnace brakes.

The exhaust is OK but I know it’s just a matter of time before I replace it. Most likely with a Dinan cat back.

My suggestions are:

Advanced Driver Assistance package
Executive Package
Park assist
Ventilated seats
Neck warmer (if you live in a colder climate)
M Shadow Line lights
Carbon Fiber trim
Icon adaptive LED w/laserlight
M Carbon Exterior package
CF buckets ( if you understand the above)
Carbon Ceramic brakes ( only if you intend to do a lot of tracking)
Appreciate 1
2quick31.50
      09-06-2023, 11:09 PM   #8
2quick
Rep

Thanks all. I have to admit. I'm starting to think about the M3 Competition xDrive instead now. But not ruling out the M4 completely either. And still not sure about the carbon buckets. I better not rush this. But i better not take too long either.

What i'm not liking about the M3. Is you can't get the Executive Package with full leather. Only with the extended.

Anyway, got to make up my mind.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 11:14 PM   #9
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks all. I have to admit. I'm starting to think about the M3 Competition xDrive instead now. But not ruling out the M4 completely either. And still not sure about the carbon buckets. I better not rush this. But i better not take too long either.

What i'm not liking about the M3. Is you can't get the Executive Package with full leather. Only with the extended.

Anyway, got to make up my mind.

Cheers!
I think you're reading the configurator wrong. It removes the package but adds a cheaper version of the same *full* leather package because it has a bit less because of what is required for the Executive Package (sensatec dashboard).

You still get the full leather on the under-dash area that you get with the full $2,550 package, it's slightly cheaper at $2,300. You can see from the screenshot they're both labeled as "full".

For the M3, what problem you'd probably have is finding an allocation, but you could contact someone like Day Laborer and he can source you an allocation for a small commission.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
2quick31.50
      09-06-2023, 11:41 PM   #10
2quick
Rep

Quote:
I think you're reading the configurator wrong. It removes the package but adds a cheaper version of the same *full* leather package because it has a bit less because of what is required for the Executive Package (sensatec dashboard).

You still get the full leather on the under-dash area that you get with the full $2,550 package, it's slightly cheaper at $2,300. You can see from the screenshot they're both labeled as "full".

For the M3, what problem you'd probably have is finding an allocation, but you could contact someone like Day Laborer and he can source you an allocation for a small commission.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 09:25 AM   #11
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:

If you option the exec pkg and full leather, you will get a merino leather upper dash along with merino leather on the lower dash and door cards. You get the upper dash in sensatec if you were to stick with the extended leather option.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
2quick31.50
      09-07-2023, 09:43 AM   #12
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
If you option the exec pkg and full leather, you will get a merino leather upper dash along with merino leather on the lower dash and door cards. You get the upper dash in sensatec if you were to stick with the extended leather option.
What's the reason for the cheaper price of the Leather package w/ Exec vs without it? My understanding was because the Exec package has the sensatec dash included, that's what's on the upper dash meaning it's a bit less leather leading to a cheaper leather package.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 09:51 AM   #13
M4ord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Garage List
First off welcome to forum. I drive a G83 with normal ventilated seats (older with bad back), full drive assistant, park assist and have about 18000 miles on it. I also did the shadowline delete (comes standard on G83) and didnt upgrade to the laser lights as I felt it clashed with Tanzinite Blue. You intialy mentioned a minor complaint about the sound. Not to put another model to explore but the G83 solves the sound problem . Wishing you speedy delivery and getting the spec you want.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 09:58 AM   #14
LeonHtownM440
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440i

Quote:

Welcome! My 2024 BMW M440i is also my first German. Learning all the great stuff from these group of gurus is surely eye opening. I think all the color options is solely on your personal preference. However, package wise, I didn't go with Premium package and ignored things like HUD, Laser Headlight, Tire Cooling and driving assist. I used the savings on things like PPF and Ceramic coating to protect my daily driver. I am sure you will figure out what is best for your investment.

Last edited by LeonHtownM440; 09-07-2023 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 10:23 AM   #15
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
What's the reason for the cheaper price of the Leather package w/ Exec vs without it? My understanding was because the Exec package has the sensatec dash included, that's what's on the upper dash meaning it's a bit less leather leading to a cheaper leather package.
As far as I understand it, just kind of a bundle discount. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 02:25 PM   #16
saw1
Private
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ord View Post
First off welcome to forum. I drive a G83 with normal ventilated seats (older with bad back), full drive assistant, park assist and have about 18000 miles on it. I also did the shadowline delete (comes standard on G83) and didnt upgrade to the laser lights as I felt it clashed with Tanzinite Blue. You intialy mentioned a minor complaint about the sound. Not to put another model to explore but the G83 solves the sound problem . Wishing you speedy delivery and getting the spec you want.
Just picked up my G83 a few weeks ago. I am older with occasional back pain as well. Do the seats soften over time? They seem to be getting more comfortable every day but they are pretty stiff.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 03:44 PM   #17
M4ord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by saw1 View Post
Just picked up my G83 a few weeks ago. I am older with occasional back pain as well. Do the seats soften over time? They seem to be getting more comfortable every day but they are pretty stiff.
I took me a little while to find the right settings. My suggestion is put your belt high on your waist and stick your ass into the seat as deep as you can. Then adjust position and lumbar. Once you find it save it to memory. I think I have it dialed in now, but at first the seats were painful because I was lounging in them and not treating them as a racing seat. Make sense? The leather does get softer, and the exhaust gets louder.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 05:00 PM   #18
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:

Welcome! I went with AW and red interior! You're going to love it! As for sound, a PSI midpipe solved that problem quite nicely without breaking the bank.

PSI Midpipe noises:

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
2quick31.50
      09-07-2023, 05:08 PM   #19
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
That’s not correct, the full leather upper dash replaces the sensatec dash that normally comes with the executive package, the discount is for the removal of the sensatec dash from the exec pkg but they show the credit against the full leather option for some reason that probably makes sense to someone at bmw.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 09:58 AM   #20
saw1
Private
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ord View Post
I took me a little while to find the right settings. My suggestion is put your belt high on your waist and stick your ass into the seat as deep as you can. Then adjust position and lumbar. Once you find it save it to memory. I think I have it dialed in now, but at first the seats were painful because I was lounging in them and not treating them as a racing seat. Make sense? The leather does get softer, and the exhaust gets louder.
Thanks thats great advice! I adjusted the upper lumbar to take some pressure off the lower lumbar and so far so good. Glad to hear the leather softens a bit with time.
Appreciate 1
M4ord776.50
      09-08-2023, 10:46 AM   #21
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
That’s not correct, the full leather upper dash replaces the sensatec dash that normally comes with the executive package, the discount is for the removal of the sensatec dash from the exec pkg but they show the credit against the full leather option for some reason that probably makes sense to someone at bmw.
I see, that makes more sense (the removal part, not the discount part)
Appreciate 0