BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

03-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
Uncleogrimacey
Rep
Drives: BMW 435xi M-Sport package

Frozen paint maintenance worth it?

Hi everyone,

I currently have a deposit down on an allocation for a G80 AWD trying to decide whether to get BSM or pull the trigger on Frozen Dark Grey. I have never owned an Individual color let alone Frozen/Matte car before and so have no idea the required maintenance or if it will be worth the hassle. This will be my daily driver so just trying to get some opinions before I put my order in in a few weeks. The other option would obviously be to get BSM and wrap the car. Anyways thanks so much for the advice ahead of times guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 07:00 PM   #2
kingmonkeyjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M40i, GLC63, E63s, Trackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleogrimacey View Post
Hi everyone,

I currently have a deposit down on an allocation for a G80 AWD trying to decide whether to get BSM or pull the trigger on Frozen Dark Grey. I have never owned an Individual color let alone Frozen/Matte car before and so have no idea the required maintenance or if it will be worth the hassle. This will be my daily driver so just trying to get some opinions before I put my order in in a few weeks. The other option would obviously be to get BSM and wrap the car. Anyways thanks so much for the advice ahead of times guys!
Better off ordering any color and satin clear bra over the exterior of the vehicle. Not a worry once it's protected and looks great.

King
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

I'm going BSM and XPEL Stealth because all I've read about maintaining frozen colors. Just don't want to chance it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 09:06 PM   #4
NinjaBum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Java Green F80

Any scratch you get will be on the car forever unless you repaint. Thats the downside. Some folks will put PPF on it, but it can dull the effect of the frozen paint you liked so much to start with.

As long as you clean it yourself and make sure to clean your washing equipment and use pristine 2 bucket method, top down washing, different tools for wheels, don't have the "it's okay it will buff out" mindset you'll probably be okay.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 10:02 PM   #5
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleogrimacey View Post
Hi everyone,

If you’re not the most careful dude in the world, I would just matte PPF it. Scratches and paint repair isn’t like a normal shiny car and is a bigger headache if you do get a scratch.
Appreciate 0