BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
mafagan
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4M Comp, 2021 M4 Comp

No XM Radio?

Anyone else have issues with SiriusXM not being loaded on G82 M4? Build sheet says "Satellite Radio Preparation". Manuals came with all of the Sirius XM documents. There is a SiriusXM antenna on the back of the car.

However, it's not loaded on the radio and service manager is saying I may have to pay for it. This despite that it's been included on new BMW's for a decade.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 09:56 PM   #2
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafagan View Post
Anyone else have issues with SiriusXM not being loaded on G82 M4? Build sheet says "Satellite Radio Preparation". Manuals came with all of the Sirius XM documents. There is a SiriusXM antenna on the back of the car.

However, it's not loaded on the radio and service manager is saying I may have to pay for it. This despite that it's been included on new BMW's for a decade.
1 year subscription is standard. You may need to activate it with Sirius XM, but if you're being forced to pay, show the dealer the ordering guides. 1 year subscription is clearly listed as standard.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
Cail4827
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

All US M4 do not have the Sirius XM option. They are working on it right now to fix the situation. According to my dealership.....
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 12:57 PM   #4
BIMMERTOWN
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

Garage List
2021 BMW M4 G82  [0.00]
NO XM on my G82

Picked up my M4 last week and no satellite option. Dealership said they are waiting for a code from Germany for software update. The other M4 that was delivered same day also was missing satellite. I'm wondering if anything else is missing!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 01:47 PM   #5
mafagan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERTOWN View Post
Picked up my M4 last week and no satellite option. Dealership said they are waiting for a code from Germany for software update. The other M4 that was delivered same day also was missing satellite. I'm wondering if anything else is missing!
I'm being told now that it's a build code issue in the build sheet. On my build sheet there is a code for 693 Satellite Preparation. That apparently just has them install the hardware including the antenna.

There should have been another code auto-generated for US models to install the software for XM Radio. Obviously cars bound for Germany or elsewhere wouldn't need the Sirius XM installed. However, that code was apparently not generated on the build sheets for US cars. Therefore, while we have the antenna, we don't have the software.

The code on build sheets for US cars is 0655 for SiriusXM Radio w/ 1 year subscription. I assume everyone else is lacking that code which is why we don't have XM Radio but all the M3's have it, explaining why they do have XM Radio.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 07:25 PM   #6
Kansr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafagan View Post
I'm being told now that it's a build code issue in the build sheet. On my build sheet there is a code for 693 Satellite Preparation. That apparently just has them install the hardware including the antenna.

There should have been another code auto-generated for US models to install the software for XM Radio. Obviously cars bound for Germany or elsewhere wouldn't need the Sirius XM installed. However, that code was apparently not generated on the build sheets for US cars. Therefore, while we have the antenna, we don't have the software.

The code on build sheets for US cars is 0655 for SiriusXM Radio w/ 1 year subscription. I assume everyone else is lacking that code which is why we don't have XM Radio but all the M3's have it, explaining why they do have XM Radio.
This just sounds like a mess overall... US over here, and I didn’t have any issues what so ever.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 10:39 AM   #7
mafagan
Rep

At 800 miles my wife apparently hit a pot hole and cut the side wall of the right rear tire. Had to have it towed to the dealership since no spare. They went ahead and did the 1200 mile service so it least it saved me another trip. That's 3 rear tires I've had to have replace on M4's in the last 8 months. Luckily I bought the tire warranty this go around. Otherwise I'd be considering switching to 15" rims!

They went ahead and looked into the XM radio as well. BMW doesn't have a fix yet but they're supposedly working on it and hope to have a code to send in the next couple weeks. I've got the email correspondence from the dealer with BMW if anyone wants to see it to show to their service department.
Appreciate 0