BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

03-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #1
debugall
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Those of you with frozen paint, how will you maintain it?

Whats your plan to maintain the paint?i was initially getting frozen dark grey but got scared off by comments saying it will be a bitch to maintain and will lose value at a higher rate
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #2
BRIGM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

My Frozen Portimao g80 6MT just started production yesterday. For the last 6 weeks I’ve had to talk myself into sticking with the frozen paint due to all of the posts talking about what a PIA it is to maintain. At the end of the day, I’m leasing, and at the end of the lease I’ll decide whether the paint has been worth it.

For me, I will be immediately treating the paint with Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating Pro ceramic coat. I’m just not willing to spend $6k to put film on top of a gorgeous paint finish (which is the reason I selected the paint to begin with).

Only time will tell if I made a poor decision. 😂
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIGM3 View Post
My Frozen Portimao g80 6MT just started production yesterday. For the last 6 weeks I’ve had to talk myself into sticking with the frozen paint due to all of the posts talking about what a PIA it is to maintain. At the end of the day, I’m leasing, and at the end of the lease I’ll decide whether the paint has been worth it.

For me, I will be immediately treating the paint with Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating Pro ceramic coat. I’m just not willing to spend $6k to put film on top of a gorgeous paint finish (which is the reason I selected the paint to begin with).

Only time will tell if I made a poor decision. ��
How has BMW NA been with poorly maintained frozen paint end of lease? Any stories?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 09:47 PM   #4
Cdn_Bimmer
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 M60i

I’ve got a frozen dark grey M3C coming the first week of April, and I’m in the same boat. I haven’t decided on how to protect it, though. There are no Dr. Beasley’s authorized installers in my region (Vancouver, Canada), and I’m hesitant to apply it myself, although that’s that is the direction I’m leaning.

Also leasing, so we’ll see how it goes. If it’s anything like my previous leases (non-frozen paint, mind you), it really won’t be a problem.

Last edited by Cdn_Bimmer; 03-14-2021 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0