BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #23
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^we dont make money for not selling them. Never heard that one before?

we have to pay flooring on cars that sit on lots so we want to get the gone as soon as possible. Hence why you can sometimes get better deals on cars that are on lots longer then normal time frames.

also keep in mind amount off MSRP is just part of the deal. Make sure you also look into the whole deal as there are various other areas where money can be made
Hopefully Carvana can get their hands on new cars somehow or someway. It's a joke every time you buy a new car, they jerk you off and your in the dealer for 5 hours. I remember when I bought my E-46. Put down 70% with above 800 credit score and still took hours for them to get the shit Done.
Appreciate 1
CityLife197.50
      03-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #24
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Hopefully Carvana can get their hands on new cars somehow or someway. It's a joke every time you buy a new car, they jerk you off and your in the dealer for 5 hours. I remember when I bought my E-46. Put down 70% with above 800 credit score and still took hours for them to get the shit Done.
I just ask you dont group all of us together. Not all dealers are like that. Especially us since we are a family owned store and not a corporate owned store.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 02:53 PM   #25
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
I just ask you dont group all of us together. Not all dealers are like that. Especially us since we are a family owned store and not a corporate owned store.
Good dealers exist for sure and when you find one the experience is not a negative one vs non dealer transactions. It’s fun and exciting. That said any dealer asking 20% markup on an M3 is asking for the ignore list for all eternity in my world.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10797.00
      03-10-2021, 04:24 PM   #26
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

I will keep my eye out for one! LOL. I will change my statement to MOST. Just like MOST Senators, Congressman, Lawyers and Realtors are low-lifes.
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      03-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #27
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So honest answer, how long is your average customer sitting there waiting for their purchase to happen? If it's more than 1 hour, please explain to the group why it is like that? I'm not talking about signing the papers, I get that I don't get what the hell ism going on the other 3 hours? Thanks
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10797.00
      03-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #28
OperationSunset
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW M2C | '18 Tesla 3P

Most of the SF bay area dealers are ultra sketchy. I've only ever bought from Stevens Creek (X2 and X3) and Kuni BMW (328xi and M2C) on the west coast. I found Kuni to be really professional, no BS, and make themselves available for any of your concerns, but I found SCBMW to be rather sketchy but willing to work with you on price if you hardball them enough.

I've heard great things about East Bay BMW as well but haven't actually shopped a car through them before.

Never, ever pay more than MSRP for a car unless it's some sort of rare 500 production run car that'll see like 3k miles over it's 10 year lifetime. That's just throwing away cash.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #29
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
I can vouch for Steve Thomas BMW. Got my X7 there and the entire process took less than 2 hours. Great dealer, great family running the place too.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10797.00
      03-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #30
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

Wait until the end of the month. Dealers with allocations that can be modified for April would rather sell than order for stock and pay flooring when it gets here.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:08 PM   #31
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
If dealers can get 1 putz to pay $20k over MSRP, why is it their fault? They obviously did their homework and felt they can make more due to high demand at this stage of the release.

Don't complain about rules of free market.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #32
LBBF87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Magic School Bus

Got 3.5% off MSRP for an AWD allocation today. Looking at this, maybe I hit the lottery.
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00
      03-10-2021, 08:15 PM   #33
bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
If dealers can get 1 putz to pay $20k over MSRP, why is it their fault? They obviously did their homework and felt they can make more due to high demand at this stage of the release.

Yeah, it's not the dealers fault for asking. If someone is willing to pay that, then they're going to try and maximize their profit. It's just business. I'm sure they will be forced to discount soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #34
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Quote:

Yeah, it's not the dealers fault for asking. If someone is willing to pay that, then they're going to try and maximize their profit. It's just business. I'm sure they will be forced to discount soon enough.
Plenty of cash rich people in SF for whom having something first is more important than having $20k, which is most likely a weekend trip for them or liquidating some RSUs.
      03-10-2021, 09:06 PM   #35
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:

I’m not complaining I’m just stating that I will not deal with companies doing that myself. In the same way I will not start by offering $50k for the car. Just not a business culture/style I agree with.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 11:39 PM   #36
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

I really don't understand why buying a new car is such a pain!

Ask 5 dealerships for their best price and you will have 6 different prices...and all will tell you how good the offer is...lol

Sometimes I am really jealous how easy and transparent it is to get a Tesla.
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      03-11-2021, 07:41 AM   #37
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
^^we dont make money for not selling them. Never heard that one before?

we have to pay flooring on cars that sit on lots so we want to get the gone as soon as possible. Hence why you can sometimes get better deals on cars that are on lots longer then normal time frames.

also keep in mind amount off MSRP is just part of the deal. Make sure you also look into the whole deal as there are various other areas where money can be made
You mean how dealers can have 'adds', fees, hold points on rate or MF, hold on trade, add in backend with the payment if you finance without telling you until finance tries to sell their product etc
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10797.00
      03-11-2021, 07:47 AM   #38
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:

I’m not complaining I’m just stating that I will not deal with companies doing that myself. In the same way I will not start by offering $50k for the car. Just not a business culture/style I agree with.
I don't agree with dealer markup either, you usually see it more with domestic brands not luxury ones. I will never pay MSRP for a car out of principle, at the same time I understand dealers still need to make money. Salesman/women aren't all bad people, they just have a job to do. How they go about their business is what matters in the end. I am happy to pair a happy medium between MSRP and invoice depending on the experience of course
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      03-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #39
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
You mean how dealers can have 'adds', fees, hold points on rate or MF, hold on trade, add in backend with the payment if you finance without telling you until finance tries to sell their product etc
yup, see it all the time. people think they are getting x amount MSRP meanwhile the rest of the deal they are getting most of that discount removed.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #40
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I can vouch for Steve Thomas BMW. Got my X7 there and the entire process took less than 2 hours. Great dealer, great family running the place too.
Thank you for the kind words hope all is well with you and the fam

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #41
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
So honest answer, how long is your average customer sitting there waiting for their purchase to happen? If it's more than 1 hour, please explain to the group why it is like that? I'm not talking about signing the papers, I get that I don't get what the hell ism going on the other 3 hours? Thanks
I would say the people that are there the longest are the customer who wants to test drive multiple cars and ask a lot of questions. We dont ever purposely keep people a long time, I would like to think once you get into finance and you are face to face with Christine you are in and out of there asap. Honestly most customers stay longer at our store bc they enjoy chatting with our team or even Sr Thomas when he is walking around will stop and talk to everyone who is in or around the showroom. We also have a large portion of our car sales made by appointment. They will negotiate with one of our internet sales reps over email or phone so when they come in everything is already done, they are just coming in to look at the car and do the paperwork. Can be out of there in under 30 min lol. I would recommend that process to most. Contact the dealer via email negotiate pricing etc.. before you come and then that should cut down a lot of time IMO but again no guarantee as I can't speak for all dealers just us

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 12:28 PM   #42
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
yup, see it all the time. people think they are getting x amount MSRP meanwhile the rest of the deal they are getting most of that discount removed.
That's assuming they don't know the ins/outs of car buying. I'm very well versed in the above if that wasn't apparent.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #43
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
That's assuming they don't know the ins/outs of car buying. I'm very well versed in the above if that wasn't apparent.
most forums members are, however those who aren't come on these forums and learn what they didn't know, which is what I try my best to do for the community

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 05:11 PM   #44
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
most forums members are, however those who aren't come on these forums and learn what they didn't know, which is what I try my best to do for the community
I may or may not have a reason for knowing such information from some point in time.

most buyers thing they know what's going on but they don't like you've said. BMW still has one of the most active car community's out there do I would imagine you see it often enough to take note.

it all boils down to what people deem fair, after all a good deal is when two people agree
Appreciate 0