Captain
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterglen View Post
PCD or nothing for this reason
Can't you just track when the custom car you ordered is being unloaded from the truck and tell them not to remove any stickers or do any delivery checklist?

Just go when it's unloaded and tell them not to wash or do anything to it. That's my plan.
I would imagine any decent sales person would be able to intercept the car prior to going in the shop and have you come down while the car gets the pdi. I know I wouldn't mind a customer hanging out while I did their pdi. I always encourage my M vehicle customers to come back in the shop if they are waiting at the dealer as it helps build a trusting relationship and I can answer things the service advisor may not be able to.
      03-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #24
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyeahbro69 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Can't you just track when the custom car you ordered is being unloaded from the truck and tell them not to remove any stickers or do any delivery checklist?

Just go when it's unloaded and tell them not to wash or do anything to it. That's my plan.
I would imagine any decent sales person would be able to intercept the car prior to going in the shop and have you come down while the car gets the pdi. I know I wouldn't mind a customer hanging out while I did their pdi. I always encourage my M vehicle customers to come back in the shop if they are waiting at the dealer as it helps build a trusting relationship and I can answer things the service advisor may not be able to.
I've always observed my PDI's as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #25
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Dealership needs to prep the car, there is a check-list that has to occur. I know for a fact that the PCD will not deliver a car with the shipping wrap still on.

That's why I have always P1 factory ordered for either ED/PCD or PCD (unfortnatley now it's only PCD)
Quote:

Yes, my dealer has done that for customers. We just PDI the car and let the customer have it with all the plastic wrap still on it.
      03-06-2021, 10:32 AM   #26
raym3cs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino M3CS

looks good

it will look even better with a aggressive front lip
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2021, 10:48 AM   #27
_E90S65_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
São Paulo =
I agree.
Appreciate 2
junx602.50
GERMAN M34181.00
      03-06-2021, 12:11 PM   #28
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Saw one in person today. I thought it looked amazing but it definitely is a "loud" color and probably not for everyone. It should look fantastic with all the carbon fiber bits.
Quote:
Agree, it's a bold, in ya face coupe color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
This is why it works so well IMO lol. It's just so ridiculous on a big sedan that it's fun.
I agree it's an amazing color and I wish I could pull it off in Ohio. I just think the somewhat exotic color is a little better suited to a coupe. IMHO anyway
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2021, 12:21 PM   #29
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

BMW needs to offer loud individual colors for the M2. Move manufacturing to a place where it can happen.
Appreciate 1
Habber3504.00
      03-06-2021, 02:45 PM   #30
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockArrival View Post
Several videos out now with chucklenuts doing burnouts in cars with four miles on the clock. The shame. :
The only burnout video I have seen was Jordan from RK-Tunes driving his own car. Are there others?
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #31
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Saw one in person today. I thought it looked amazing but it definitely is a "loud" color and probably not for everyone. It should look fantastic with all the carbon fiber bits.
Quote:
Agree, it's a bold, in ya face coupe color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
This is why it works so well IMO lol. It's just so ridiculous on a big sedan that it's fun.
I agree it's an amazing color and I wish I could pull it off in Ohio. I just think the somewhat exotic color is a little better suited to a coupe. IMHO anyway
You, my friend, shouldn't worry about what your fellow midwesterners think it you. In NYC there's relative anonymity unless you have a vanity plate.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 02:55 PM   #32
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyeahbro69 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

As enthusiasts we appreciate this type of attention. I have a fire orange g80 on order and you can bet I'll be there when it rolls off the car carrier (I'll also be hyper stalking the car across the Atlantic).

If someone made the process as you described I would never go elsewhere.
Appreciate 2
russell21147.00
e30nicole826.00
      03-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #33
russell21
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 440i

Quote:
Quote:

That's what we did when we picked up my wife's x5
Appreciate 1
bm323193.50
      03-06-2021, 05:05 PM   #34
russell21
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro9 View Post
That looks like the same dealer I bought my m440i from in Clearwater fla but mine had zero miles on it thank god
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 05:36 PM   #35
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
São Paulo =
Have you seen it in person? I have, but its a bold color for either SoCal or SoBe.
Have never seen in it person. Personally, it's to bold for me and doesn't represent the ///M Division. It's not a color that I would purchase. : :
      03-06-2021, 05:38 PM   #36
dr_frankfurter
non-essential
Rep
Drives: '21 330i

This must be why my local dealer guys said not even they were allowed to drive them. Their GM holds the keys at all times, doors always locked. Makes sense. Wouldn't be too happy seeing someone else taking my car for a joyride before I could even have the keys.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 06:03 PM   #37
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Several videos out now with chucklenuts doing burnouts in cars with four miles on the clock. The shame. :
Exactly. Like this knucklehead

Watch "'TEST DRIVING' AKA BURNOUTS IN THE NEW G80 M3" on YouTube

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2021, 09:14 PM   #38
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6306 View Post
Quote:

That's his car though. I know him personally. He's not "supposed" to have it but he took possession 4 days ago.
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2021, 10:04 PM   #39
CanuckM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

IoMG looks great in the video.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 08:32 AM   #40
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That's his car though. I know him personally. He's not "supposed" to have it but he took possession 4 days ago.
Gotcha. Congrats to him on the car! (Baptism by fire I guess). Still probably not the best idea though dropping the clutch and doing burnouts and abusing a 4 day old car, but like you said, it's his car.

Guess that's the new boy racer target market of these things now. "Hey BMW, be careful what you wish for!" Hope he enjoys it in good health.

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2021, 08:35 AM   #41
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha. Congrats to him on the car! (Baptism by fire I guess). Still probably not a good idea though dropping the clutch and doing burnouts and abusing a 4 day old car, but like you said, it's his car.

Guess that's the new boy racer target market of these things now. "Hey BMW, be careful what you wish for!" Hope he enjoys it in good health.
He will have that car at 1,000 HP in a few months. His F80 broke the single turbo dump record and did a 9.0 1/4 mile.

Trust me, what he did to it with 5 miles is nothing compared to what he plans on doing to it. He also services his owns cars and never lets bmw touch them after taking delivery.

You're incorrect about him. He's an old BMW driver who had several E92's, at least 3 F80's that I know of (he may have blown up one or two S55 engines as well).

He owns a relatively well known tuning company and also owns a McLaren and a 911.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #42
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha. Congrats to him on the car! (Baptism by fire I guess). Still probably not a good idea though dropping the clutch and doing burnouts and abusing a 4 day old car, but like you said, it's his car.

He will have that car at 1,000 HP in a few months. His F80 broke the single turbo dump record and did a 9.0 1/4 mile.

Trust me, what he did to it with 5 miles is nothing compared to what he plans on doing to it. He also services his owns cars and never lets bmw touch them after taking delivery.

You're incorrect about him. He's an old BMW driver who had several E92's, at least 3 F80's that I know of (he may have blown up one or two S55 engines as well).

He owns a relatively well known tuning company and also owns a McLaren and a 911.
Thanks for the clarification. That explains everything. lol

I'm a different generation so a little cringe-worthy when I see stuff like that.

Anyway, so glad to be seeing all of you guys starting to get your cars though after all of this waiting. (just another week for most of you). I sat this model out and went F90. The weather in NY will be perfect next week for deliveries. enjoy!

Appreciate 2
      03-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #43
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
You, my friend, shouldn't worry about what your fellow midwesterners think it you. In NYC there's relative anonymity unless you have a vanity plate.
Yes, in a "real" city any of these would just blend in. In smallish town Ohio everyone would know the only SPY car driving around. It was that way enough with my YMB M4 which was certainly more under the radar.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2021, 11:21 AM   #44
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the clarification. That explains everything. lol

I'm a different generation so a little cringe-worthy when I see stuff like that.

Anyway, so glad to be seeing all of you guys starting to get your cars though after all of this waiting. (just another week for most of you). I sat this model out and went F90. The weather in NY will be perfect next week for deliveries. enjoy!
I don't drive like that either for the record hahaha.
Appreciate 0