BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

03-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #23
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

Tesla is great, but it has no soul. Sure it's fast, but it is numb to drive, It's just a nice car to drive from point A to B. Here in Silicon Valley, it's the new Prius. There is no comparison between it and the new M3(or any M3), as they are completely different .
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #24
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I just heard a Porsche Taycan in the flesh yesterday night while at work. That car sounds amazing for an E-Car.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 10:21 AM   #25
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Build quality and design have kept me away from Tesla. I really don't think any of the S3XY lineup is very sexy, and seeing the worn leather and various misaligned components on a one year old car make me want to vomit.
I was seriously considering the Model S, Audi E-tron GT, and Porsche Taycan. But concerns about Tesla quality (and inferior driving dynamics) pushed me to the VW Group twins. But then I thought about how these batteries might be obsolete in just a few years with the technology developments expected soon, I didn't want to put over $100K into a car that would soon be obsolete. Then I started reading the reviews about the M3C and, well, I thought one more ICE car before I make the switch to electric. My M3C is on order and scheduled for production in May.
Appreciate 2
VIERsr2620.50
      03-29-2021, 12:20 AM   #26
bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpippolo View Post
I was seriously considering the Model S, Audi E-tron GT, and Porsche Taycan. But concerns about Tesla quality (and inferior driving dynamics) pushed me to the VW Group twins. But then I thought about how these batteries might be obsolete in just a few years with the technology developments expected soon, I didn't want to put over $100K into a car that would soon be obsolete. Then I started reading the reviews about the M3C and, well, I thought one more ICE car before I make the switch to electric. My M3C is on order and scheduled for production in May.
Congrats. The ICE M3C will also be obsolete, even more so than the EV's of today. But the M3C is the last of a kind so it holds that cool classic factor IMHO. In 10 years you won't be able to buy a car like the G80 but there will be tons of EV's to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 01:54 PM   #27
frank70
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. iX M60 on order

If i sit inside a Tesla i just get depressed. How fast it is does not matter. Get a G80 while you still can !!!! It may well be the last and best generation M3.
Appreciate 0