BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-21-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Fuse assignment in the boot

Hi there. I just got my G82 Comp. I need to install my blackvue and it appears that the fuse box is where the battery used to be in my 440i. There is no fuse card there either and I can't find anything online.

Can anyone help please if they have got their fuse card? I really don't feel comfortable driving/parking the car unless I have the dash cam installed.
Appreciate the help.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I’m guessing that you haven’t checked the manual? Usually the fuse location guide is listed in the manual.

Have you checked under the trunk panel? I know on my F80, the fuse panel with folded up legend is there. Maybe the paper was forgotten when building it?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I’m guessing that you haven’t checked the manual? Usually the fuse location guide is listed in the manual.

Have you checked under the trunk panel? I know on my F80, the fuse panel with folded up legend is there. Maybe the paper was forgotten when building it?
Hi,

I checked the manual already. It just mentions the location of fuse boxes. I can't find that neatly folded card at all. Would have been really handy. The manual also states there is a fuse box in the passenger footwell, might save me some cable routing.

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 04:54 PM   #4
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just to feedback, in case anyone is planning to hardwire, the fuse assignment is the same as G2x. I used the front driver side fuse box No 29 for always on and 59 for ACC. There is a bolt for ground right next to the fuse box as well.
Appreciate 0