BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-18-2021, 09:06 PM   #1
PK1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

How intrusive is ASD?

I know some/many like it, but I can't stand the artificial engine sound in the F80 and disabled it through coding within the first few days of picking it up from the dealer.

Those who have driven or own the G80/82, how does the ASD sound compare to the F80? Anyway to deactivate it through the menus or will it require coding?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 10:44 PM   #2
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

I believe you can turn it off with the button but that also closes the valves so it makes it quiet both inside and outside the car. It would be nice if you could operate it independently. They made an improvement with it in this car, but not all the way to what should have been. Let the outside noise be controlled by what mode you are in and be able to turn on or off the inside with a button. Better yet, add it to be controlled in the settings of your m1 and M2 buttons.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 12:14 AM   #3
PK1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
I believe you can turn it off with the button but that also closes the valves so it makes it quiet both inside and outside the car. It would be nice if you could operate it independently. They made an improvement with it in this car, but not all the way to what should have been. Let the outside noise be controlled by what mode you are in and be able to turn on or off the inside with a button. Better yet, add it to be controlled in the settings of your m1 and M2 buttons.
I see. Well as long as there is a way to turn it off completely with the button (and not just turn it down) I'll be happy even if it closes the valve. I'm sure some coding will allow isolating the cabin sound from the valve.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 02:04 AM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

It can be coded off permanently.
Appreciate 0