BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

04-14-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

600 miles in and first pretty bad rock chip

I had PPF on the full front, and I can see where the PPF has already saved one of the headlights. This one was on the front passenger door. All the way through the paint. No idea how it happened, I don't think it was from being parked next to a car. Absolutely infuriating, but I guess this is why I went with BGM - to makes things like this not super noticeable
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #2
filostrato
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
I had PPF on the full front, and I can see where the PPF has already saved one of the headlights. This one was on the front passenger door. All the way through the paint. No idea how it happened, I don't think it was from being parked next to a car. Absolutely infuriating, but I guess this is why I went with BGM - to makes things like this not super noticeable
BRUTAL

I'm sorry that happened so early on... I live down a gravel road so I've pretty much accepted I'll have some bad chips.
But seriously that looks like someone shot you with a bb-gun!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 10:43 PM   #3
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filostrato View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
BRUTAL

I'm sorry that happened so early on... I live down a gravel road so I've pretty much accepted I'll have some bad chips.
But seriously that looks like someone shot you with a bb-gun!
I know, it's crazy. Really don't see how it happened as well, unless I just got really unlucky with how a stone chip landed. I basically haven't parked in any parking lots and car has been garaged. Good thing it's actually not that noticeable, it took me awhile to find when I went back to try and find it, but I need to do something about it, I'm a bit worried it'll chip off more of the paint.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 04:09 AM   #4
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: a bimmer

I have one of these on my g20 on the same side too. My best guess is ricochet from a wall barrier on the highway. The g20 has very soft paint, I was really hoping the g80 had stronger paint but that picture answered that question.
I ended up getting touchup paint to fill it in, did not get worse and is almost invisible after touchup.
Appreciate 0