BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-19-2021, 07:09 PM   #67
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M3Ceylon View Post
They look uncomfortable, but I do read that they’re pretty good and a must order option.
They are comfortable as long as you're not carrying a ton of weight around the midsection. I just added my personal review to the other carbon buckets thread. For me, they are a must-have if you can swing them. Everybody's mileage will vary though.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 12:35 AM   #68
HK4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Scion TC, 2023 G80 M3

My Car was delivered yesterday and the carbon buckets are stunning. I’ve read a lot about these and I want to share an honest review and compare to 2018 F80 competition seats. I am 5’10 182lbs and very athletic but proportional built.

#1. These look amazing. They are stunning and give the interior a very polished and sleek appearance. So happy I went for these

#2 they are as soft and cushiony as my previous F80 Seats. They are supportive but far from stiff. I was really surprised about that.

#3 they contour nicely around your body giving a snug feel

#4 I get in and out the same way I did for my F80. I would always rub my lower bolsters with my left thigh or butt slightly when entering my F80, but especially when exiting. Exiting always required me to swing my left leg out so I could stand up and in doing so I would always rub the bolster with my thigh/lower butt area.

It’s the Same exact thing I do with G80. The only difference is I feel the lower bolster more underneath my thigh since it is higher while I exit.

So you will rub them and there isn’t a way around it.

#4. For me I didn’t feel that cup thing in the way. It’s there but didn’t bother me. My commutes normally don’t last longer than 25 mins on avg though.

#5 thigh bolsters are very comparable to f80, but slightly narrower. They absolutely don’t feel that they are pinching me or squeezing me. It just feels like a soft hug.

Overall very impressed and happy. I think if you are heavier or wider these could be a slight issue. But then again sport cars aren’t meant for large people right.

I hope this help.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25085.00
chicagofan0019143.00