BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

05-01-2021, 02:07 AM   #67
SEXY-BEAST
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Didn't they ditch the CF drive shaft after 2015 on f8x
No - they had the CF driveshaft up through 2017 production. I believe they stopped production of CF driveshafts starting in November of 2017. My 2018 F82 ZCP has one (Oct. 2017 production date)-- which really makes me want to keep it more in addition to it being Silverstone metallic an M-specific color they no longer offer.
2018 F82 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 11:20 AM   #68
ZeusyZeus
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible F83

Bringing up an old post here. I’m wondering what the new consensus is about the G82? I have a F83 and I can say there’s absolutely no way I would trade my hard top convertible for a soft ton G83 there’s just no way. The car looks nice inside as it should being a refreshed version and an interior they will probably keep for the next 4-5 years but come on that front grill is just hideous. The only color that I think looks good is Black and that’s because you can’t see the grill as much. The G8x definitely looks more aggressive than the F8x. I was going to upgrade to a G83 until I noticed they cut costs to go soft top. Once you go hard too there’s just no way to go soft top after that. Overall cool car but this crazy markup doesn’t seem justified imo. If you have 20k over sticker to throw away then by all means if that’s your thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #69
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
You're probably not going to get too far, complaining about the grill, thats been beaten into the ground, buried, resurrected, burned at the stake, shredded, and then used as fertilizer.

We've heard it, already, a million times. If you haven't seen one in person, it's a completely different look. If you still don't like it, it doesn't matter, because that's what the G8X forum is for, the people that love it.

Who knows why BMW went away from the hardtop. My theory is, the G83 only comes in the Competition xDrive version. The hardtop coupe, and sedan, weigh, 3,930 pounds, already. The G83 weights 4,232 pounds. The G83 weighs 374 pounds more than the F83. So, do you know without absolute doubt that "noticeably, cut costs" to go with a soft top?

$20k over sticker: You're not really looking for a car, for yourself, or you'd know if you look around, enough, you can order one at MSRP. I did, and many people I know, have also ordered at MSRP. Is $20k over sticker justified? Never. However, how bad do you want the car? In your case, you don't. But my dealer has 17 people on the M4 waiting list, to include convertibles, and 21 people on the M3 waiting list.

Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan24818.50
mirob2944.50
masab321333.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
      06-22-2022, 06:57 AM   #70
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusyZeus View Post
Bringing up an old post here. I’m wondering what the new consensus is about the G82? I have a F83 and I can say there’s absolutely no way I would trade my hard top convertible for a soft ton G83 there’s just no way. The car looks nice inside as it should being a refreshed version and an interior they will probably keep for the next 4-5 years but come on that front grill is just hideous. The only color that I think looks good is Black and that’s because you can’t see the grill as much. The G8x definitely looks more aggressive than the F8x. I was going to upgrade to a G83 until I noticed they cut costs to go soft top. Once you go hard too there’s just no way to go soft top after that. Overall cool car but this crazy markup doesn’t seem justified imo. If you have 20k over sticker to throw away then by all means if that’s your thing.
Do you also think that hyper-luxury convertibles like the Bentley Continental GT Speed and the Rolls-Royce Dawn have soft tops due to cost cutting?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 09:29 AM   #71
masab321
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp xDrive ; 2021

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
You're probably not going to get too far, complaining about the grill, thats been beaten into the ground, buried, resurrected, burned at the stake, shredded, and then used as fertilizer.

We've heard it, already, a million times. If you haven't seen one in person, it's a completely different look. If you still don't like it, it doesn't matter, because that's what the G8X forum is for, the people that love it.

Who knows why BMW went away from the hardtop. My theory is, the G83 only comes in the Competition xDrive version. The hardtop coupe, and sedan, weigh, 3,930 pounds, already. The G83 weights 4,232 pounds. The G83 weighs 374 pounds more than the F83. So, do you know without absolute doubt that "noticeably, cut costs" to go with a soft top?

$20k over sticker: You're not really looking for a car, for yourself, or you'd know if you look around, enough, you can order one at MSRP. I did, and many people I know, have also ordered at MSRP. Is $20k over sticker justified? Never. However, how bad do you want the car? In your case, you don't. But my dealer has 17 people on the M4 waiting list, to include convertibles, and 21 people on the M3 waiting list.
100%. I don't know why people still talk about the grill. I agree BMW went ahead with a drastic and aggressive design change but being a current F82 owner, the day I saw G82 in person I ordered it right away and was lucky to get an allocation and the car is in production at the moment.

In the era of EV boom and every one talking about EVs, one should appreciate M-cars. Get them and enjoy !!
Insta: masmdm4
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13017.00
Jim B1854.00
      06-22-2022, 09:31 AM   #72
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by masab321 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

100%. I don't know why people still talk about the grill. I agree BMW went ahead with a drastic and aggressive design change but being a current F82 owner, the day I saw G82 in person I ordered it right away and was lucky to get an allocation and the car is in production at the moment.

In the era of EV boom and every one talking about EVs, one should appreciate M-cars. Get them and enjoy !!
The car is definitely amazing, especially in xDrive. I can't get enough of it.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 12:28 PM   #73
zero.boost
@Kaido_F80
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6MT | 1996 328iC ZF5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Didn't they ditch the CF drive shaft after 2015 on f8x
after 17, the LCI 2 cars
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 07:28 PM   #74
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:

Agreed
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 03:05 AM   #75
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:

The irony of asking why others talk about the grille, and then proceeding to talk about the grille!

I do agree we’ve been talking about it ad nauseam, but of the 5 senses, visual dominates, and when you look at the G8x, you can’t help and notice it.

So for example I was walking with a friend who’s not a car person who notices the car apparently for the first time and exclaims ugh… what’s that?!… pointing at the car’s grille with nauseam.

It’s an elephant in the room that’s not the elephant in the room.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 10:50 PM   #76
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
The irony of asking why others talk about the grille, and then proceeding to talk about the grille!

I do agree we’ve been talking about it ad nauseam, but of the 5 senses, visual dominates, and when you look at the G8x, you can’t help and notice it.

So for example I was walking with a friend who’s not a car person who notices the car apparently for the first time and exclaims ugh… what’s that?!… pointing at the car’s grille with nauseam.

It’s an elephant in the room that’s not the elephant in the room.
Welcome back to the 9th annual ball
Attached Images

Appreciate 0