BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-27-2022, 09:56 AM   #1
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Share your positive dealer experience

I have seen positive dealer experience threads in others forums and its high time we create one for G8x platform especially in the current market. It would also be helpful for the community if we can share our positive dealer experiences after taking delivery so that there isnt any surprises at the end.

I placed my G80 order in the beginning of Jan and picked it up by the end of May. My CA was referred by a fellow member when i was looking for a F87 last year. My dealer was out of state and this was the first time i dealt with them. I was quoted MSRP when i reached out initially and a nominal dealer doc fee was communicated when i requested a PO with the final price. My CA did not request any deposit until i took delivery. BMW did a minor MSRP bump between the time i placed my order & delivery and my dealer honored the original deal. My CA even included free all weather floor mats to the build. And all this happened with zero negotiation. There wasnt any push even from the financing team when i communicated that i will be financing from my CU or with any other addons while signing paperwork. They offered base BMW rate had i had financed through them. Since i chose PCD, i never stepped into the dealership till now. It was a great experience and i have referred my CA to several members & friends.

My dealer is in the MidWest and send me a PM for my CA's contact information as not everyone is comfortable sharing it in a public forum.
Appreciate 5
wtwo317971.00
figuec56346.00
RideFAST123.00
BA///MA97.50
T0RM3NT3642.00
      07-27-2022, 10:49 AM   #2
bozman42
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

I'll go!

I ordered my G80x on Feb 14 of this year. I actually went through the chat on the dealer's website, and got connected with my CA a few weeks before, and then went to the dealership to go through the ordering process. I paid MSRP, but did put down a little money at the time of ordering. They gave me a competitive offer on my outgoing vehicle, but I ended up selling it personally a few weeks later.

I was lucky and got an allocation on March 1st for a late May build, I made a few changes to my build (added Carbon buckets most notably), but hit no snags along the way. Decided on PCD, which is scheduled for next week, finished the paperwork at the dealership yesterday. I also financed through my Credit Union and had no issues completing the deal from that aspect.

My dealer is in the Southeast, and I was also super impressed with my CA and would share their contact info for anyone interested.

Current: 2022 M3 Competition xDrive in Frozen Portimao Blue
Previous: 2020 Range Rover Sport SVR in Estoril Blue
Wife: 2023 X3 M40i in Mineral White
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2022, 10:56 AM   #3
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

So far, so good with my dealer and CA. Knock on wood, I'll get the car in about 2 weeks hopefully, I'll let you know then if they are as stand up as they are acting right now ☺
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 11:22 AM   #4
pabusky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'll add mine too. My dealer is in north Texas.

I've been dealing with this dealer three times including my recent M3 purchase. But those are long time apart, so each time I was dealing with a different SA.

For this M3, I got in the waitlist in Nov last year, got allocation in March, and got my car in June. It's MSRP, no deposit (I requested to put down some but they refused). I traded in my F10 with an ok value because although I could sell it a bit higher privately, I just want to save the hassle and tax.

While my car arrived at the dealership and stayed there over the weekend (I couldn't pick it up on time due to my schedule), several people offered above MSRP to buy it but got refused, at least according to my SA, and I believe so. Now of course, we have agreement on the order, but I wouldn't be surprised some dealers would do the opposite.

My SA is pretty good at updating me along the process and stay connected after sale, but I think (hope) it's industry standard for a car like this. I would recommend them just because they didn't take advantage of me during that crazy market few months ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #5
BugKiller
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4Cx cvt

Dave Townsend at BMW of Murrieta (SoCal) is making my return to the BMW world go smoothly. Got me an allocation at MSRP in an impossible market last January, and has given me good and accurate advice throughout. ETA on my new ride is Aug. 8-10.
      07-27-2022, 12:30 PM   #6
Ximian
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'll add mine too -
      07-27-2022, 01:09 PM   #7
stevethegopher
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I have seen positive dealer experience threads in others forums and its high time we create one for G8x platform especially in the current market. It would also be helpful for the community if we can share our positive dealer experiences after taking delivery so that there isnt any surprises at the end.

I placed my G80 order in the beginning of Jan and picked it up by the end of May. My CA was referred by a fellow member when i was looking for a F87 last year. My dealer was out of state and this was the first time i dealt with them. I was quoted MSRP when i reached out initially and a nominal dealer doc fee was communicated when i requested a PO with the final price. My CA did not request any deposit until i took delivery. BMW did a minor MSRP bump between the time i placed my order & delivery and my dealer honored the original deal. My CA even included free all weather floor mats to the build. And all this happened with zero negotiation. There wasnt any push even from the financing team when i communicated that i will be financing from my CU or with any other addons while signing paperwork. They offered base BMW rate had i had financed through them. Since i chose PCD, i never stepped into the dealership till now. It was a great experience and i have referred my CA to several members & friends.

My dealer is in the MidWest and send me a PM for my CA's contact information as not everyone is comfortable sharing it in a public forum.
I'd love to get your CA's contact, I can't PM yet :/ Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #8
SimsimmaM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3Cx  [0.00]
The dealership I go to is in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I leased an M340i from them back in 2019 (I know times were different back then but I paid 8k less than MSRP because they matched an offer from another dealership further away) and then went on their waitlist for an M3Cx in October '21. I only waited 2.5 months for an allocation after they told me it might be up to 8 months.

They don't charge over MSRP. Answered my emails and questions within a day (and I have been asking a lot over the 9 months I have been waiting). Gave me a dealer incentive to cover the extra cost I will be paying in interest since the process has taken so long and the interest rate is 1.5% higher than when I first locked in (in addition to the $3k and $750 from BMW).
Appreciate 1
BA///MA97.50
      07-27-2022, 01:30 PM   #9
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethegopher View Post
I'd love to get your CA's contact, I can't PM yet :/ Thanks!
I am unable to send you a PM as well. Shoot me a PM once you are able to send one.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:42 PM   #10
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

With

With all due respect your dealerships pale in comparison to mine, Burdick BMW in Syracuse NY!! My first stop there was to inquire about a M240 convertible I was searching the country looking for in 2017. The salesman said if I wasn’t in a hurry they could have the car there in six weeks, ‘just tell us what you want’. What I want?! I had no frigging clue you could even order a car to your specifications! And then track it too? Six weeks to the day my car was delivered. Three years later the radiator went out and because it was under warranty they replaced it, but when it went out again a year later the car was no longer under warranty and so I opened my wallet fully prepared to fork over the $1500 plus to have it repaired. That was until the service manager told me that a part they had used to fix it the first time had failed and because it was under warranty and it had caused the failure they would replace the whole radiator for free. I am a professional actor/playwright, not a mechanic. Had they not been honest I would never have been the wiser. When it came time for a new car I ordered a M440, it took them 8 1/2 months to get this one to me, it was at the height of the chip shortage and Covid so I understood what was going on. Even then, the service manager called in a few favors just to get me the allocation. Fast forward to January’22 just three months after I got my M440, I told them I wanted to trade it in for a M4 convertible. Three days after I placed my deposit I had an allocation and five months after that I had my car. When I picked it up last week the entire sales staff and service staff came out to see me take delivery of my car. I swear they were as happy for me as I was! Great sales team, great service team too. I trust them with my car and my money since I paid more for this car than I did my first house!! And the owner will not allow anyone to charge a single penny over MSRP!!
Appreciate 4
BA///MA97.50
Jobe10176.50
      07-27-2022, 02:04 PM   #11
BA///MA
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
BMW of Chattanooga, TN was amazing.

Ordering: I had a reservation and deposit down with a local dealer, but was told I was a few people back and it could take as much as a year to get an allocation. I called around to a few other dealerships in the area just to see if I could get lucky. Several of the bigger dealerships in Atlanta, Nashville, and Birmingham were giving the same order estimate.

I then called BMW of Chattanooga. Told them my situation, that I already had a reservation with another dealer, but just wanted to see if they had any better information, or what my options are. They told me they needed to look into a few things. They called me back shortly and told me they had just delivered their latest allocation and had no one else in line. They also told me they wouldn't require a deposit until I got my allocation.

Placed my order in mid February and got my allocation early March. Made a few minor changes before going into production, and they were always accommodating. My car completed production in April, and was in the states in early June. My CA was texting me status updates the whole way.

Delivery: Got a call in mid-June that my car was at the dealership, asking if I could be there that afternoon. It's about an hour and a half drive, but my partner and I jumped in the car and headed up that afternoon. Was trading in an X5, so they went through the process of evaluating it and giving me a very reasonable offer in no time.

They did all the paperwork extremely efficiently, knew exactly what they were doing for an out of state buyer, and made every part of the process a breeze. Their finance department was able to match as closely as possible my finance offer from an outside finance group, an also didn't try to upsell me on anything aside for the tire and wheel and clutch/brake warranties.

They also took the time to hand wash the car instead of running it through their washing machine. The car came out looking perfect and I couldn't have been happier with the delivery experience. It was later in the day, but they stayed around to make sure I was taken care of.

They were about as excited for it as I was, and were just hoping I wouldn't turn around and sell it to make a profit on it. Would recommend them to anyone in the area.
      07-30-2022, 12:06 AM   #12
kamslm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C

Garage List
2020 BMW M550ix  [0.00]
I have always had a good dealer experience with Weatherford BMW in Berkeley CA. I've bought many models through my CA Ali Samadani for over 25 years and he knows the buyer process and what I like. I recommend him highly. He got my '22 allocation up pretty quickly although I was 7th and I placed an ordered on 3/7/22. I was built week 19. Then, supply chain hell broke lose and the car moved from 150 back to 112 for 2 months. He stayed on top of it and got me a '23 allocation in June. My car is now 193 at the port and should be delivered end of Aug/early Sept. When someone works hard for you like that you remember it and reward with staying a loyal customer.

Last edited by kamslm; 07-30-2022 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 04:57 AM   #13
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamslm View Post
I have always had a good dealer experience with Weatherford BMW in Berkeley CA. I've bought many models through my CA Ali Samandani for over 25 years and he knows the buyer process and what I like. I recommend him highly. He got my '22 allocation up pretty quickly although I was 7th and I placed an ordered on 3/7/22. I was built week 19. Then, supply chain hell broke lose and the car moved from 150 back to 112 for 2 months. He stayed on top of it and got me a '23 allocation in June. My car is now 193 at the port and should be delivered end of Aug/early Sept. When someone works hard for you like that you remember it and reward with staying a loyal customer.
Right!!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 09:41 AM   #14
austrum
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 RWD Comp

In North Texas also. Got on the waitlist in October, got an allocation 4 weeks later, built in late December, picked up at PCD in early March.

Got the car at MSRP, no unwanted add-ons, 1 point markup on rate so 1.9% which I'm fine with. Absolutely painless process.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 12:45 PM   #15
Molon Labe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Nor Cal Dealership:

- $400.00 under MSRP

- Fair value in trade

- January incentives honored [received my allocation and did a 120-day rate lock; due to delays, I didn't get car until 7/27/22]

- They expedited their work on vehicle when it arrived and I was able to get it late afternoon on arrival date

- I had an "old school" advisor and he was f-ing money — great experience in a not-so-great time.

Not sure how they treat other customers, but I could not be happier—this was my 6th vehicle with this company and I also get all my service done here—
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00
      08-02-2022, 11:23 PM   #16
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Nor Cal Dealership:

- $400.00 under MSRP

- Fair value in trade

- January incentives honored [received my allocation and did a 120-day rate lock; due to delays, I didn't get car until 7/27/22]

- They expedited their work on vehicle when it arrived and I was able to get it late afternoon on arrival date

- I had an "old school" advisor and he was f-ing money — great experience in a not-so-great time.

Not sure how they treat other customers, but I could not be happier—this was my 6th vehicle with this company and I also get all my service done here—
In nor cal too, North bay which dealer?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 07:25 AM   #17
MarkInDallas
Rep
Drives: Incoming M3 XDrive

First post:

To the people in North Texas that evidently purchased from Sewell, I have a question(s) for you.

What spec of m3 did you order? I ask as I understand there are different allocation lists for each specification of m3, so certain builds can take different times.

I was put on the waiting list at Sewell in Plano, November of 2022, m3 comp XDrive, and was told at that time I was 10 on the list. February told they didn’t get any allocations in January and was 7th on the list.

I am now getting a 2023, and as of an email a few weeks ago, told I am still 7th on the list…

My sales associate has been great to work with, and know Sewell’s reputation, but given your time frame from getting on the list to allocation, and then to delivery… wondering if something is up…. Or is the XDrive just in that much short order?

Originally I was told to expect an allocation in 2-4 months, and then once it builds, anywhere from 4-10 weeks based on shipping delays at the dock. So maybe 4-6 months to take delivery.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 12:43 PM   #18
MarkInDallas
Rep
Drives: Incoming M3 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaoKS View Post
Gotta be Sewell.

Ask me how I know...
Hey GaoKS, see you have a 23 xDrive comp incoming per your signature, and assume it’s from Sewell Plano?

Can I ask you when you got on the list and when you got your allocation?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 10:02 AM   #19
BugKiller
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4Cx cvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugKiller View Post
Dave Townsend at BMW of Murrieta (SoCal) is making my return to the BMW world go smoothly. Got me an allocation at MSRP in an impossible market last January, and has given me good and accurate advice throughout. ETA on my new ride is Aug. 8-10.
Cannot say enough good about Dave and BMW of Murrieta. Picked up my car yesterday. No hassle, period. MSRP and BMW Financial honored my expired rate lock without my even asking! The dealer's financial officer politely explained the aftermarket packages and took "No" for an answer the first and every time I said it.

That said, I did "throw them a bone" by taking the added insurance that includes windshield protection because my regular insurance company was jerking me on that. I might have saved on that by buying from a discounter but the difference would be less than an hour's worth of my billable time, so I just said "done", she smiled, and we moved on.
      08-07-2022, 08:42 PM   #20
xXMPowerXx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ford, Lexi, Lambo's

BMW of Roseville.

4 month from order to arrival. At MSRP and even matched Steve Thomas extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 04:58 PM   #21
reknilbesutnodi
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInDallas View Post
First post:

To the people in North Texas that evidently purchased from Sewell, I have a question(s) for you.

What spec of m3 did you order? I ask as I understand there are different allocation lists for each specification of m3, so certain builds can take different times.

I was put on the waiting list at Sewell in Plano, November of 2022, m3 comp XDrive, and was told at that time I was 10 on the list. February told they didn’t get any allocations in January and was 7th on the list.

I am now getting a 2023, and as of an email a few weeks ago, told I am still 7th on the list…

My sales associate has been great to work with, and know Sewell’s reputation, but given your time frame from getting on the list to allocation, and then to delivery… wondering if something is up…. Or is the XDrive just in that much short order?

Originally I was told to expect an allocation in 2-4 months, and then once it builds, anywhere from 4-10 weeks based on shipping delays at the dock. So maybe 4-6 months to take delivery.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks all!
I went through Sewell, but not Plano. I got on the list last December and took delivery masters week this year. I’ve been a Sewell customer for years and it was a pretty typical Sewell experience. Relatively frequent updates, paperwork done in advance, even delivered to my office. I agree it seems odd. Shoot me a pm and I can share my contact at Sewell corporate if you’d like to push things along
Appreciate 2
      08-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #22
M4ord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Annapolis BMW treated me great. This is my first new BMW. Ordered G83 with small deposit February 1st. Got allocation in mid March for April production. Car arrived first week of June. Paid below MSRP with USAA discount and was not pressured at all for any extras. My CA always responded to my queries and was able to swap an on lot car for an allocation from another dealer.
Appreciate 0