AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 M4 Competition - IOMG

Garage List
Turo for Super Bowl - AZ

Peeps,

Some of you may remember me from last year. I had a very early build '21 M4C in alpine white that I used both for personal use and for my business as a Turo Power Host. I had a few folks on this forum drive my vehicle before purchasing their G8X.

Although I've exited Turo as a business, I will be engaging the platform with my (new to me) IOMG M4C during the early weeks/months of 2023 for Super Bowl and the WM Open.

Some of you may be turned off entirely on the idea, but I will be setting up many of my friends and family members' vehicles on my account during that time, as all rental assets will be in incredibly high demand during that period.

If anyone else is interested in doing the same, I'm happy to help.

Advantage to you is: instant credibility with a Power Host rating and over 300 5 star reviews. People rent from proven hosts.

I have zero financial motivation or demands in offering help here, just a fun thing to do as a community and make a few $$ to kick off the year.

Im reaching out now, as it will take some time to setup each individual vehicle and educate any/all that is interested in the dos and don'ts to make this a successful endeavor.

Let me know.
      10-05-2022, 10:25 PM   #2
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
If only I didn't love my car like it were my third child…

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 12:08 AM   #3
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
If only I didn't love my car like it were my third child…
Totally understand. I have a very warped sense of car ownership after Turo. Unfortunately, it's hard to see them as anything but potential income-generating things.

That being said…I haven't let anyone else drive the new one. Yet…
      10-06-2022, 10:48 AM   #4
phxF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

I probably wouldn't do it with my car since I would be so paranoid..especially with it being lowered and mods, I think people would really abuse it.

I have thought about doing an airbnb with my house that week. I live right down the street from the open and figure I could make a decent chunk of change just for a week for a 4bd 3bath house in North Scotts. Totally off subject from Turo...but also..money
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:17 AM   #5
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxF80 View Post
I probably wouldn't do it with my car since I would be so paranoid..especially with it being lowered and mods, I think people would really abuse it.

I have thought about doing an airbnb with my house that week. I live right down the street from the open and figure I could make a decent chunk of change just for a week for a 4bd 3bath house in North Scotts. Totally off subject from Turo...but also..money
I did AirbNb for my old condo in North Scottsdale (Thompson Peak Pkwy & Frank Lloyd Wright) for the Phoenix Open 3 years in a row (2015-2017)

I charged $2,100 per week and had it filled all 3 years. My mortgage was only $1,000 a month and it was a nice chunk of change.

I wonder what the market is now?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:19 AM   #6
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Out of pure curiosity, what would a '22 M5 CS rent out at for a week?

*I have zero interest in actually doing it, just wondering what people would pay.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 12:17 PM   #7
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxF80 View Post

I did AirbNb for my old condo in North Scottsdale (Thompson Peak Pkwy & Frank Lloyd Wright) for the Phoenix Open 3 years in a row (2015-2017)

I charged $2,100 per week and had it filled all 3 years. My mortgage was only $1,000 a month and it was a nice chunk of change.

I wonder what the market is now?
Not sure on the open, but I have family wanting to rent their 3 bed/3 bath home in uptown for $3-4k/night during the super bowl. Rental market is very different now than Pre-COVID. It's gone insane.
      10-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #8
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Stig View Post
Out of pure curiosity, what would a '22 M5 CS rent out at for a week?

*I have zero interest in actually doing it, just wondering what people would pay.
Realistically, during the open week probably $3-400/day. Maybe more. Color and spec of the car does matter for these things. The CS is definitely an enthusiast vehicle, meaning the general public may not be able to differentiate from a normal M5, which is why you're not seeing more on the daily rate. There will be enthusiasts who recognize the car, but they'll be few and far between.

We have to market in layman's terms. People know Tesla, mustangs, Camaros, mclarens, and even bmw M products, but not necessarily the special derivatives within those vehicle classes.
Tyga113235.50
      10-06-2022, 12:49 PM   #9
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYounglove10 View Post
Realistically, during the open week probably $3-400/day. Maybe more. Color and spec of the car does matter for these things. The CS is definitely an enthusiast vehicle, meaning the general public may not be able to differentiate from a normal M5, which is why you're not seeing more on the daily rate. There will be enthusiasts who recognize the car, but they'll be few and far between.

We have to market in layman's terms. People know Tesla, mustangs, Camaros, mclarens, and even bmw M products, but not necessarily the special derivatives within those vehicle classes.
It looks like there are only a couple of G80x's on Turo right now. I bet you could get $400 a day...

I wouldn't have the balls to do it either (especially during the Open / SB week) but you can make some good coin it seems like?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 01:13 PM   #10
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

It looks like there are only a couple of G80x's on Turo right now. I bet you could get $400 a day...

I wouldn't have the balls to do it either (especially during the Open / SB week) but you can make some good coin it seems like?
Not worth it to me, but was just curious.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 04:40 PM   #11
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

My cars were typically gone 25+ days out of the week. I'd never see them. Easy math. It can be profitable. Just have to have the stomach for it.
      10-06-2022, 06:16 PM   #12
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My cars were typically gone 25+ days out of the week. I'd never see them. Easy math. It can be profitable. Just have to have the stomach for it.
We're having a 'meetup' on 10/15 if you'd like to join...check out that thread
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 09:41 PM   #13
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
We're having a 'meetup' on 10/15 if you'd like to join...check out that thread
I will try to be there. I believe that'll be moving day for us.