georgebmwM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
No doubt that wagons are popular in Germany. We got a 530d xdrive ///M package touring. Alas no manual, had to get the sport 8spd auto.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 11:07 AM   #46
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

For the Brady Bunch comment, they started production in 1969 so if you're making that reference, you're old and you wouldn't buy any wagon ever regardless.

Wagons are one of those things that if you don't know, ya don't know. I got a good deal on a Subaru wagon a long time ago, didn't really want it but it was difficult to pass up. It ended up being one of my favorite cars. A cross between an suv and a sedan unlike those ridiculous "crossovers".

I also think BMW put in the time and resources to determine if it's worthy of importing to the US and guess what they came up with?

People in the US like to compete with each other and tend to disprove when one deviates from the norm. My neighborhood for example is lined with big suvs that are driven by tiny women who have one child and one dog. All it would take would be one of the influencers to pick up a wagon and the rest will follow, but will that happen? Nope. We like what's "cool" and trending and to be better than the next guy. Wagons are not "cool" or trendy. Bigger is better here, big house, big yard, big car all equals big important life. None of which I'm interested so I'll gladly sign the petition to import them to the US because, Screw my neighbors.
Appreciate 1
AGAV13805.50
      02-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #47
jeloz
Switching back to Bimmer
Rep
Drives: M3 G81 Touring (2023)

M3 Tourer Facebook Group

We have set up a M3 Tourer Facebook Group if anyone interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3519...847/?ref=share
Appreciate 0