Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-20-2022, 02:52 PM   #177
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider View Post
Welp, mine is now not working after only 10 days. Stuck in the default open position. Pretty lame after waiting nearly 3 months to get it. Worked fine after initial install up through this morning, now this afternoon its unresponsive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrm3 View Post
I have the same problem as you. So far, I can't get them to respond to my emails.

Thx.
From the responses I've seen so far, it's a pretty high failure rate.
I wonder what the problem is... if we knew what's causing it, we could remedy the issue.
Moisture seeping through the electronics?
High heat causing component failures?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 04:52 PM   #178
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Quote:
Welp, mine is now not working after only 10 days. Stuck in the default open position. Pretty lame after waiting nearly 3 months to get it. Worked fine after initial install up through this morning, now this afternoon its unresponsive.
Quote:
I have the same problem as you. So far, I can't get them to respond to my emails.

Thx.
I wonder what the problem is... if we knew what's causing it, we could remedy the issue.
Agreed! This is concerning. And I'm waiting on mine and it's been paid for now for now since mid May. Thank goodness I paid with a card. Might cancel the damn order. Honestly I don't like when I get charged for orders before being shipped. Most don't, but some do. And I could care less as to the reasons why. Times have changed.
      06-20-2022, 07:09 PM   #179
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
I'll go ahead and provide an update. It seems to work fine when the car is cold, but after any appreciable duration driving, it stops working.

This morning it worked fine when car was cold.
Drove to work (20 minutes), wasn't working when I arrived.
After car sat for about 2 hours it was working again mid morning.
When I left work in the afternoon it was working.
When I got home it was again not working.

I'll see if this behavior remains constant while I wait for any reply from CG.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 12:34 PM   #180
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
Agreed! This is concerning. And I'm waiting on mine and it's been paid for now for now since mid May. Thank goodness I paid with a card. Might cancel the damn order. Honestly I don't like when I get charged for orders before being shipped. Most don't, but some do. And I could care less as to the reasons why. Times have changed.
I'm surprised you still haven't received yours.
At this point, I'm guessing CG had my setting in stock.
Hope you get yours soon
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 12:39 PM   #181
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'll go ahead and provide an update. It seems to work fine when the car is cold, but after any appreciable duration driving, it stops working.

This morning it worked fine when car was cold.
Drove to work (20 minutes), wasn't working when I arrived.
After car sat for about 2 hours it was working again mid morning.
When I left work in the afternoon it was working.
When I got home it was again not working.

I'll see if this behavior remains constant while I wait for any reply from CG.
Thanks for the update.
So what setting is yours? (saw it's open at default, but what's the 'on' setting?)

When you said it's working at startup but fails to work after a drive, in what kind of fashion did it fail?
Meaning, did it revert back to default mode, or was it stuck at whichever mode you put it into?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #182
mrrm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

CG reached out to me

Quote:

Thx.
CG responded and suggested going back to stock set-up and see if that works normally. If so, I was told to send the unit back and they'll repair or replace.

I'll give it a go this weekend.

I feel much better now that they are communicating and standing behind their product.

Last edited by mrrm3; 06-22-2022 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2022, 09:00 PM   #183
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Thanks for the update.
So what setting is yours? (saw it's open at default, but what's the 'on' setting?)

When you said it's working at startup but fails to work after a drive, in what kind of fashion did it fail?
Meaning, did it revert back to default mode, or was it stuck at whichever mode you put it into?
My unit is default (OFF) = valves open, ON = valves closed.

I mostly drive with valves open, so by "not working" I mean the valves won't close after car has been driven for some duration. Today I tried driving to work with valves closed. They never opened spontaneously on their own, but when I arrived at work, before turning car off, I was able to open the valves once, but then they wouldn't close again (until car sits for about an hour).

CG got back to me as well. Looks like I'll be sending mine back for repair/replace.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2022, 09:35 AM   #184
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
CG responded and suggested going back to stock set-up and see if that works normally. If so, I was told to send the unit back and they'll repair or replace.

I'll give it a go this weekend.

I feel much better now that they are communicating and standing behind their product.
I have been working with them for years; they are sometimes slow to respond because they are a small company running behind, but they always support their customers and products.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2022, 09:38 PM   #185
Mr.G80
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 G8x

Well mine worked for 1 hour and now it’s unresponsive… will try again in the morning. Seems like it’s starting to become quite common.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 03:56 AM   #186
skyscraper_g80
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G80 View Post
Well mine worked for 1 hour and now it’s unresponsive… will try again in the morning. Seems like it’s starting to become quite common.
This is a bit concerning... I recently received mine but am yet to install it as I want to have the break-in service done first. Fingers crossed it's not a faulty unit!
      06-25-2022, 09:44 AM   #187
Mr.G80
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_xdrive View Post
This is a bit concerning... I recently received mine but am yet to install it as I want to have the break-in service done first. Fingers crossed it's not a faulty unit!
Hopefully no issues! I haven’t tested it this morning. At least it sounded good while it worked…
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 10:09 AM   #188
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully no issues! I haven’t tested it this morning. At least it sounded good while it worked…

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 05:23 AM   #189
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

I have been using the VSC-2 for almost a year now. I have installed/reinstalled, ripped off the wires (accidentally), transferred numerous times between different exhaust setups and its still going strong. 👍
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 12:47 PM   #190
Mr.G80
Private
Rep

So the controller is definitely dead, worked for 1 hr tops.
I’ll try my luck with customer service..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 08:53 AM   #191
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
I have been using the VSC-2 for almost a year now. I have installed/reinstalled, ripped off the wires (accidentally), transferred numerous times between different exhaust setups and its still going strong. 👍

Quote:
So the controller is definitely dead, worked for 1 hr tops.
I’ll try my luck with customer service..
Good luck, we had a conversation with CG regarding the warranty requests, and they assured us they would take care of it as soon as possible.

It sounds like they are now starting to get caught up

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 09:51 AM   #192
UN-Blank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 G83

i installed mine last night. how y'all do it without at least jacking the car up is beyond me. you must not be as big a boy as i am...

my VSC-2 is default factory setting and open when on.

really installed without a hitch. the hardest part is routing the wire through the heat-shield. i used a fiberglass wire snake which was about 14 feet to long, but it worked. I mounted the box itself to the screw that holds the heat-shield to the outside of the wheel-well. not optimal, but it worked.

the device works just fine. adds a little extra sound. is it enough? maybe not, but for $200 its better than it was. Also, the car feels faster. Butt dyno suggests it adds about 1-2 hp.

Temper your expectations about how much sound is added and you'll be happy!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 10:15 AM   #193
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN-Blank View Post
Temper your expectations about how much sound is added and you'll be happy!
This ^

for the price its a great mod to get more sound from your exhaust. If you want more volume, you'll need to upgrade the midpipe, downpipes and/or axle back.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 10:26 AM   #194
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Anyone tried looking into the muffler through the outer exhaust pipes? Maybe there are some baffles you can bend to get some free flow 😂
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #195
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

So I've had VSC-2 on for a few weeks now, setup is default ON and activated FACTORY

1) biggest volume change comes in efficient mode where there's a very noticeable difference in tone and volume
2) sport/sport+ the volume difference is smaller where you'd notice it more in a garage type environment, but the burbles in sport+ is more pronounced
3) if you dislike ASD but wants the burble, need to code that out as pressing the button also kills burbles too... unpressing the button in sport+ is no diff than efficinet mode with valve forced open imo
      06-30-2022, 07:22 PM   #196
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
So I've had VSC-2 on for a few weeks now, setup is default ON and activated FACTORY

1) biggest volume change comes in efficient mode where there's a very noticeable difference in tone and volume
2) sport/sport+ the volume difference is smaller where you'd notice it more in a garage type environment, but the burbles in sport+ is more pronounced
3) if you dislike ASD but wants the burble, need to code that out as pressing the button also kills burbles too... unpressing the button in sport+ is no diff than efficinet mode with valve forced open imo
I'm wondering what the difference is between this mod for the G80 and the same for the F8x.

I have the Burger Tuning CANFLAP module, which forces the valves open and the difference is VERY noticeable, especially on cold-start. My stock F82, with the module taken out/set to factory, even in sport plus, basically has zero burbles; exhaust seems to only ever open when at throttle, but even in S+, just driving normally or when downshifting, car is quiet.

From videos, etc., it seems like the G8x platform has a more lively exhaust all around when in S+, but the same/quieter exhaust in efficient.

My car is still at the dang port (over a month and a half now), and I'm going to wait until my break-in service, but I'm expecting I'll want this mod (or something similar) as my stock F8x with the BMS module can get LOUD on cold starts and LOUD + a ton of burbles in sport+ on downshifts, even at low revs, and at WOT.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 11:20 AM   #197
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

2 weeks use and it's now given up. Top bit of engineering 😐
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 04:06 AM   #198
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranchise21 View Post
I have the same problem which started only a month after install. Ordered VSC-2 through Mike/XPH on 2/17/22 and received early May...then last week I lost the ability to open/close valves from the key fobs or my programmed homelink buttons.

Working on a warranty swap with CG...hoping wont take too long for this. Although, it sure seems like many of us are having issues with the controller working initially and then not after short period of time...might have to look at the Dahler long term despite the extra cost.
I've sent an email w/ no response. Mike's support guy (Marc) has also tried w/ no luck.
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same issues.
Appreciate 0