BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-21-2024, 11:11 AM   #1
julian4x
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4 comp

Garage List
2022 m4 competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Front bumper damage not sure what to do.

I hit a curb and the front end of my car got dented.

Im not really sure how to proceed.

Do i bring it to the dealership, a body work place?

Anyone got any advice?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 11:14 AM   #2
5ilver-5amurai
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian4x View Post
I hit a curb and the front end of my car got dented.

Im not really sure how to proceed.

Do i bring it to the dealership, a body work place?

Anyone got any advice?
I would start with looking for a BMW certified collision repair centre and then bringing to them for a quote. Your dealership can probably recommend one to you.

Just noticed the oil cooler hanging. You may not be able to drive it if that's completely busted or scraping on the ground and can't be refitted. Might need to be towed.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 11:20 AM   #3
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
It’s not going to be a cheap fix, you should call your insurance agent and find a good body shop.
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5335.00
      04-21-2024, 11:23 AM   #4
julian4x
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4 comp

Garage List
2022 m4 competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
How much $ do you think 'Cane
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 11:36 AM   #5
Trevorr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 GT500 CFTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
It’s not going to be a cheap fix, you should call your insurance agent and find a good body shop.
For something like this, calling an insurance is a bad idea because once you make a claim, on the carfax it goes and your car loses $10k in value because everyone and their brother immediately devalues a car based on carfax damage no matter how minor it was.

For example, I made an insurance claim for a bunch of rock chips on my front bumper. There was a semi that had a bunch of mud/rocks lodged in his wheelwell of the trailer and I passed him on the left and as soon as I got to his blind spot the muds/rocks disloged peppering my car and gave it like 50 rock chips. The insurance adjuster actually counted lol.

Long story short, just needed a respray, no structural damage whatsoever. Was a $1500 fix. Insurance company reported it on carfax as minor damage. But when I went to trade it in, it pretty much devalued the car by $10k and that was everywhere I inquired.

Get it fixed without insurance so that dealers won't bend you over. If you ever sell the car privately, just disclose it is what I always say.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 11:39 AM   #6
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dude I see oil cooler hanging down it maybe a little more then front bumper. U need to figure out the actual damage.
Appreciate 2
forcefed2567.00
      04-21-2024, 11:58 AM   #7
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Yeah, stop driving it if the oil cooler has damage or lines are pinched before it’s more than just that, like your engine.

BTW, that looks like you were messing around and hit a curb… unless you flat out drove over a parking spot stop that you didn’t see. Your biggest worry is the oil cooler situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 12:00 PM   #8
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorr View Post
For something like this, calling an insurance is a bad idea because once you make a claim, on the carfax it goes and your car loses $10k in value because everyone and their brother immediately devalues a car based on carfax damage no matter how minor it was.

For example, I made an insurance claim for a bunch of rock chips on my front bumper. There was a semi that had a bunch of mud/rocks lodged in his wheelwell of the trailer and I passed him on the left and as soon as I got to his blind spot the muds/rocks disloged peppering my car and gave it like 50 rock chips. The insurance adjuster actually counted lol.

Long story short, just needed a respray, no structural damage whatsoever. Was a $1500 fix. Insurance company reported it on carfax as minor damage. But when I went to trade it in, it pretty much devalued the car by $10k and that was everywhere I inquired.

Get it fixed without insurance so that dealers won't bend you over. If you ever sell the car privately, just disclose it is what I always say.
This guy needs a complete new front bumper plus whatever else he’s damaged, it’s going to be $5k+. That’s what insurance is for.
Appreciate 3
Burrcold5335.00
BRAKE!844.00
      04-21-2024, 01:49 PM   #9
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Nah. Burn that sh!t. It’s damaged goods now.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 02:00 PM   #10
BRAKE!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
This guy needs a complete new front bumper plus whatever else he’s damaged, it’s going to be $5k+. That’s what insurance is for.
Yeah, agree. If it's purely cosmetic, then that's a different story, but clearly the oil cooler is damaged here. Get it towed to the BMW approved collision center, see what the quote is and then decide if you want to go at it with your own $ or insurance.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 04:13 PM   #11
Trevorr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 GT500 CFTP

Quote:
Just noticed the oil cooler hanging. I would still see what’s damaged though and get an estimate and see if insurance claim is worth it.

I guess I view things differently. Yeah that’s what insurance is for, but insurance claims can hurt in the long run.
Appreciate 0