BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

03-18-2024, 07:19 PM   #23
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 M4 Competition - IOMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
Epic loss - $133k plus tax. Unless he bought used. That’s crazy
My point exactly on targeting a 2019-2020 vantage. Seems like quite the experience for $75-100k, even if just for a period.

Time has shown that the depreciation curve slows considerably after the 3-4 year mark on Astons.

If I can hold/drive for 2 years, even if I lose a bit on value, let’s say $20k worst case, I’d consider that a win. 20k spread out over 24 months to drive a new(er) Aston seems like a reasonable cost to play. I’m sure to some this is stupid math, but (most) cars are depreciating assets. Never going into it expecting to break even. I just don’t want to lose my shirt on buying brand new.
      03-18-2024, 07:29 PM   #24
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYounglove10 View Post
My point exactly on targeting a 2019-2020 vantage. Seems like quite the experience for $75-100k, even if just for a period.

Time has shown that the depreciation curve slows considerably after the 3-4 year mark on Astons.

If I can hold/drive for 2 years, even if I lose a bit on value, let’s say $20k worst case, I’d consider that a win. 20k spread out over 24 months to drive a new(er) Aston seems like a reasonable cost to play. I’m sure to some this is stupid math, but (most) cars are depreciating assets. Never going into it expecting to break even. I just don’t want to lose my shirt on buying brand new.
Did you see the Demuro video is shared? He had quite a bit of maintenance cost
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 07:42 PM   #25
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 M4 Competition - IOMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
Did you see the Demuro video is shared? He had quite a bit of maintenance cost
Completely different car. That’s the old vantage. This new car has the AMG GT engine. Not saying maintenance is f a factor, but the video isn’t relevant.
      03-19-2024, 12:40 AM   #26
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

I am not much of a writer and don’t have time to type up an essay but I might be your guy to answer any questions you might have for any of the cars you mentioned you’re possibly interested in.

For context, I currently have a G80 M3 and I attach pictures of all the cars I have had recently. If you have any specific questions, I’d be happy to answer and provide personal input. I will say this, out of all these, I regret getting rid of my Aston the most with the 911 4S in the second. But my favourite car for sheer enjoyment was the V10 R8. I had a titanium valved exhaust on it and the sound made the entire experience way more fun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
CJ4211559.00
      03-19-2024, 02:18 AM   #27
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Contemplating a change…

I’ve had my G82 about 18 months now, although in total I’ve had just over 2 years worth of experience on the G8X platform.

All around, it’s incredible. Fast, comfortable, great tech, love the looks, blah blah blah.

I like new/different experiences. I’ve had 1 P-Car previously (991.2 base), 2 G82s, and a slew of Audis over the years.

I’ve contemplated another P-Car, although prices really just are out of control. So much so, that other exotics are in range. 2017/2018 R8s and 2019-2020 V8 Vantages are now in my crosshairs.

LOVE the R8, but one of the pros/cons of the car are it’s Audi-ness. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I’ve owned 4 Audis over the years. I’ve never owned an Aston…

Not here to debate M4 vs P-Car vs R8 vs Vantage performance numbers-wise, but has anyone had much experience with the Vantage to comment on semi-daily drivability, maintenance, quality, and fun factor?

I work a hybrid role (go into office 1x/week, which won’t be changing), put maybe 7-8k miles/year on cars. I’m looking for fun/sexy/build quality/sizzle factor.

‘19-20 vantages are in the $85-100k range, which seems like a great price for entry-level exotic experience.

Welcome any thoughts/comments.
The thing is the following; even if the G8x platform is stunning.....I think it's not as special as a "real" performance GT or even an entry level supercar for the price.

Maybe you're looking for something more "special", and believe me....I really understand you.

I had a 296 last year along with the M3.....the 296 is gone due for the simple reason that it's not usable on the street (no front lift for instance in mine, which was Fiorano package...) and damages were always round the corner every time I used it. So. It's gone now, and I'm thinking to buy sothing else by the end of the year...that's why I really understand your post.

But...that experience teached me that I really want something more special alongside my daily, but more special and aoutstanding than a 911 (there are plenty of them here.....). So....to me.....a Vantage is something really really cool to look for in your case after two G82.....it could be the right choice.

Did you see the new Vantage one? What about something new from Aston for you?

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:12 PM   #28
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
The new AMG GT is pretty hot too, though it'll be about double the price of the pre-owned AM OP is looking at.
These are really nice. I was considering the last gen E63S when I started my search for the M3CX allocation. They shortly after stopped production of the E63S which made my decision much easier. Now that I have my M I am happy that it worked out that way but this new AMG GT is beautiful and has pretty solid performance as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 01:49 AM   #29
TomDXB
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G83 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
The thing is the following; even if the G8x platform is stunning.....I think it's not as special as a "real" performance GT or even an entry level supercar for the price.

Maybe you're looking for something more "special", and believe me....I really understand you.

Did you see the new Vantage one? What about something new from Aston for you?
I love my G83 but as you've said, I'd like to have something more "special"

I've now driven the McLaren GT (testdrive) and Artura (testdrive and track event), Ferrari 812 Superfast (2 days) and Portofino M (4 days), AMG GT (coupe and the 4 door, 63S - 1 week each), E63S sedan (3 weeks), 911 992 C4S Convertible (1 week), M5 Competition (1 week), new M2 (2 days on the Nordschleife - BMW Trackday Event).

Unfortunately none of these cars really triggered an urge to sell the M4 and switch. The last time I had this feeling was when the Jaguar F-Type came out and I had it as a rental for one week. Sold my Cayman S and bought an V6S...still miss the car a little bit

I'm now waiting for the new Vantage to see the interior and maybe have a testdrive. Always loved the way they look and now with the Mercedes V8 and an up-to-date interior it looks like a very nice package.

But it's difficult, the M4 is just a really good car and ticks so many boxes, especially as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 11:36 AM   #30
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Not sure how coming from Acura/Honda/BMW has any relation to my questions, but I’ll bite.

To most, the R8 and Vantage is absolutely in the exotic or near-exotic territory. $150k+ MSRPs, 1 is mid-engine and shared platform with Lamborghini, the other hand build English sports/gt car. How insurance places them in their tiers has nothing to do with public/personal perception. I’ve owned a 911 and it was only 60% the insurance cost of my current G82 with equal coverage, so not sure how this comment helps either.

Not interested in owning 2x 2-door sports cars.
Nailed it , and which 911 if I may ask ?