BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

02-03-2024, 03:52 PM   #1
donbidon
Registered
Rep
Drives: no

Need help from Ukraine)

My name is Andrew , I live in Kyiv. We are in our second year of war, which takes many lives every day. The war itself changed the way of thinking of many people, made them appreciate every day they lived and not put off life for later.

These thoughts led me to the conclusion that I could buy my first BMW) In October, I ordered the top-end assembly of the M340i, which cost $80,000. The car is still in progress and will arrive in April of this year. I can refuse it and my 10 percent deposit will be returned to me.

But it so happened that there was a batch of M cars that were supposed to go to Russia in 2022, but the BMW plant imposed sanctions and these cars are sold at a discount in Ukraine through BMW showrooms.

As a result, I was offered to buy a BMW M3 Competition in black color and white ivory interior. The car only lacks carbon ceramic brakes. It has all the other extra options including buckets and a carbon fiber exterior.

Its price is $110,000, but if I order from site new price will be 130-135k, so "discount" 20-25k.

Question for you BMW owners - should I pay an extra 30,000 dollars for the top-end BMW M3? Considering that the car has no mileage, but was manufactured in mid-2022 and will soon be 2 years old. Or wait for M340i which will be on a large display in 2024?

Thank you very much for your advice and sorry for my English through the translator)

Link for M3 config - https://configure.bmw.ua/uk_UA/summa...UxNDkuNTAuMC4w

Link for m340i config - https://configure.bmw.ua/uk_UA/summa...cyOTIuNTYuMC4w

Last edited by donbidon; 02-03-2024 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 4
IDKBRO678.50
M4Tejas788.00
Dnshift156.50
      02-03-2024, 04:02 PM   #2
IDKBRO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Garage List
2022 TESLA SLR  [5.25]
2022 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbidon View Post
My name is Andrew , I live in Kyiv. We are in our second year of war, which takes many lives every day. The war itself changed the way of thinking of many people, made them appreciate every day they lived and not put off life for later.

These thoughts led me to the conclusion that I could buy my first BMW) In October, I ordered the top-end assembly of the M340i, which cost $80,000. The car is still in progress and will arrive in April of this year. I can refuse it and my 10 percent deposit will be returned to me.

But it so happened that there was a batch of M cars that were supposed to go to Russia in 2022, but the BMW plant imposed sanctions and these cars are sold at a discount in Ukraine through BMW showrooms.

As a result, I was offered to buy a BMW M3 Competition in black color and white ivory interior. The car only lacks carbon ceramic brakes. It has all the other extra options including buckets and a carbon fiber exterior.

Its price is $110,000.

Question for you BMW owners - should I pay an extra 30,000 dollars for the top-end BMW M3? Considering that the car has no mileage, but was manufactured in mid-2022 and will soon be 2 years old. Or wait for M340i which will be on a large display in 2024?

Thank you very much for your advice and sorry for my English through the translator)
Привіт, fellow Ukrainian ))

I’d recommend 100% to opt for the M3 considering it’s a 2022 as well which seals the deal even more.
Difference between a 340 and an M3 is huge , it’s not comparable by any measure so the 30KUSD is worth it.

PS. I am shocked that you guys are paying so much there for 22’ models even though they are essentially brand new
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 11:18 PM   #3
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
You are posting this on the M3/M4 forum, and most of us have chosen to spend the extra $30k (US) for M3/M4 over 3 and 4 Series.

With that said, I can not put myself in your situation, especially in the current circumstances. If you feel it is safe to buy and drive that car in wartime, go for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 03:10 PM   #4
donbidon
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDKBRO View Post
Привіт, fellow Ukrainian ))

I’d recommend 100% to opt for the M3 considering it’s a 2022 as well which seals the deal even more.
Difference between a 340 and an M3 is huge , it’s not comparable by any measure so the 30KUSD is worth it.

PS. I am shocked that you guys are paying so much there for 22’ models even though they are essentially brand new
In our country, there is a 20% tax when importing a car. We also pay 4% tax when buying a new car to the pension fund. + insurance for a year will cost 4-5% of the price of the car. The price is astronomical)

It just seems to me that I will lose enough in price in one year, since the new m3/m4 already comes with iDrive 8.

+ I now have the option to buy an M4. It has been driven 10,000 km, but all taxes have already been paid and it is covered with armored membrane and ceramics (the work cost about $7,000)

https://auto.ria.com/uk/auto_bmw_m4_35959984.html

so now my choice is between M4 and M3)

The color of the M4 is of course stunning, but the M3 is more practical with its 4 doors
Appreciate 3
IDKBRO678.50
bri10425940.00
M4Tejas788.00
      02-04-2024, 04:16 PM   #5
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

What a weird post/thread…
Appreciate 4
      02-04-2024, 04:31 PM   #6
IDKBRO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 TESLA SLR  [5.25]
2022 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
What a weird post/thread…
What’s weird about it ?

Dude is talking about how wartime has changed his perspective on life ( I had this same reality check after visiting Israel ) and he wants to go out with a bang by grabbing up a nice car to enjoy while he still can.

But he also is wondering if the M3 premium is worth it over the 340.
He got his response and I’m sure he will go ahead with an M3 now.

Pretty straight forward thread I think
Appreciate 4
BRJ1243336.50
M4Tejas788.00
      02-06-2024, 01:46 PM   #7
donbidon
Registered
Rep

Quote:
What’s weird about it ?

Dude is talking about how wartime has changed his perspective on life ( I had this same reality check after visiting Israel ) and he wants to go out with a bang by grabbing up a nice car to enjoy while he still can.

Thanks man!
Appreciate 2
IDKBRO678.50
      02-10-2024, 04:55 PM   #8
bassbin
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 6MT

Привіт друже.По цим авто є нюанси з датчиком рівня масла,людина продала авто,та замовила рест.
Наче вже є рестові авто 23 року у продажі, одна зелена точно була у Дніпрі.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 09:09 AM   #9
Kev.k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Amarok Highline

That war needs to end now.

It’s ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 01:26 PM   #10
bassbin
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.k View Post
That war needs to end now.

It’s ridiculous
I agree with you..war needs end!
But people live ordinary lives and dreams because it may happen that you do not wake up in the morning..

https://visitukraine.today/blog/2851...in-ukraine-end
Appreciate 1
'Cane8514.50
      02-14-2024, 08:51 PM   #11
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What’s weird about it ?

Well...for one, and for me...when my country was in war (in the 90s), no one cared about top end car and if I should spend 120k or 90k on a car -- priorities are different, same unfortunate situations, different priorities. THAT is what is weird to me.

The war "in" Israel has no similarities with the war in Ukraine.

But hey, we are all different...
Appreciate 3
M4Tejas788.00
IDKBRO678.50
mirob3034.50
      02-14-2024, 10:56 PM   #12
IDKBRO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 TESLA SLR  [5.25]
2022 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Well...for one, and for me...when my country was in war (in the 90s), no one cared about top end car and if I should spend 120k or 90k on a car — priorities are different, same unfortunate situations, different priorities. THAT is what is weird to me.

I hear you
It’s just a different world now and the priorities did change.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 06:14 AM   #13
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Well...for one, and for me...when my country was in war (in the 90s), no one cared about top end car and if I should spend 120k or 90k on a car -- priorities are different, same unfortunate situations, different priorities. THAT is what is weird to me.

Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 06:54 AM   #14
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking.
Serbia originally.
Have been in the USA since 1992
Appreciate 1
mirob3034.50
      02-15-2024, 07:53 AM   #15
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Serbia originally.
Have been in the USA since 1992
I had a hunch. Bosnia. We went through some shit so I can relate to OP on some level - even though I was young.

Not much more to add to what you already said. Priorities are definitely different - we were trying to GTFO.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 08:22 AM   #16
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
I had a hunch. Bosnia. We went through some shit so I can relate to OP on some level - even though I was young.

Not much more to add to what you already said. Priorities are definitely different - we were trying to GTFO.
We did get out and never looked back...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 09:13 AM   #17
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

I like the M4. Maybe you can negotiate it down a bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 04:24 PM   #18
/ / / M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
What’s weird about it ?
You don't see why some people might find his post in bad taste? Many of OP's countrymen are dead or mutilated. Many of those who are still alive are on the front lines, sitting in filthy trenches and destroyed buildings and waiting to be blown up by bombs or artillery, while their government is begging America and Europe for money. And the OP is talking about the war as motivation for dropping $100K+ on a luxury car. Yeah, it's a weird post alright.

Last edited by / / / M3; 02-15-2024 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 06:52 AM   #19
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Value is a subjective matter but I’m almost sure that once you buy this M3/4 its has a very limited audience in a time of war.

I’m pretty sure you can drive a MUCH harder bargain

I say go for it!

Enjoy your life to the max, who knows what tomorrow holds and that goes for all of us but especially those in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Best of luck! 🤞
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:21 PM   #20
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by / / / M3 View Post
You don't see why some people might find his post in bad taste? Many of OP's countrymen are dead or mutilated. Many of those who are still alive are on the front lines, sitting in filthy trenches and destroyed buildings and waiting to be blown up by bombs or artillery, while their government is begging America and Europe for money. And the OP is talking about the war as motivation for dropping $100K+ on a luxury car. Yeah, it's a weird post alright.
YMMV on this one... The Russo-Ukrainian conflict has been going on for over ten years, and I imagine many in the region are pretty much numb to this topic. While there is pain, many want to live life and hope for the best. Many might've had the same sentiment as you before, but they're tired of putting their lives on pause and don't care if they become casualties of this war.

While I understand your perception of this post, I would take a second and look at it through the eyes of someone who's potentially lived in a damn near perpetual state of instability starting with the Soviet Union, economic collapses, government changes, and the last ten years of war.

I don't know OPs sitauation, and who am I to question... but maybe they've served before? Maybe OP was injured in combat? Maybe OP has a disability that prevents them from being effective in combat. Maybe OP is older and can't serve. I don't have an issue with this person living their best life... if they're dodging service, that's on their conscience, and they have to live with that.

I'm sure if something similar happened on our front, there would be plenty of dodgers around here asking the same damn questions.
Appreciate 1
IDKBRO678.50
      03-05-2024, 01:39 PM   #21
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Whatever you decide, get the full insurance….
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 12:41 PM   #22
/ / / M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
YMMV on this one... The Russo-Ukrainian conflict has been going on for over ten years, and I imagine many in the region are pretty much numb to this topic. While there is pain, many want to live life and hope for the best. Many might've had the same sentiment as you before, but they're tired of putting their lives on pause and don't care if they become casualties of this war.

While I understand your perception of this post, I would take a second and look at it through the eyes of someone who's potentially lived in a damn near perpetual state of instability starting with the Soviet Union, economic collapses, government changes, and the last ten years of war.

I don't know OPs sitauation, and who am I to question... but maybe they've served before? Maybe OP was injured in combat? Maybe OP has a disability that prevents them from being effective in combat. Maybe OP is older and can't serve. I don't have an issue with this person living their best life... if they're dodging service, that's on their conscience, and they have to live with that.

I'm sure if something similar happened on our front, there would be plenty of dodgers around here asking the same damn questions.
If he lives in Ukraine and can afford a $135K car, he's in the top 0.1% of the population. He's no injured combat veteran, you can be certain of that. Most people fighting in that war are those who couldn't afford to bribe their way out. I don't blame them for it either. Who wants to die in a proxy war between Russia and the US? Still, what the OP is doing (flouting his wealth while others are being sent to the slaughter) is in bad taste IMO.
Appreciate 1
Nembus75.00